Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas Man Alan White Now Considered 'Endangered Missing' Almost Month After Disappearance

The search for Dallas accounting executive Alan White continues almost a month after his disappearance, and police are now considering him “endangered missing.”

[...]

Police did not immediately elaborate on why Alan White is now considered “endangered missing.”

White’s family has offered a $15,000 reward for information that leads to his whereabouts. Anyone who may have information is asked to call police at 214.671.4268 or a tip hotline at 800.403.8024.

thumbnail_IMG_1921.jpg

Dallas Police Department

Endangered Missing Person - James Alan White. If anyone has any information regarding Mr. White, we ask that they contact the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations at 214-671-4268 or by email at missingpersons@dpd.dallascityhall.com.

https://wp.me/p43x0e-boS
https://dallaspolice.net/division/youthoperations/youthfamilysupport
  • Youth Operations Unit
  • Missing Persons Squad
  • First Offender Program
  • Family Violence Squad
  • Child Exploitation Squad
  • Internet Crimes Against Children Squad
  • Child Abuse Squad
  • School Liaison Squad

Police Department Enhances Youth Operations Investigative Efficiency
The Youth Operations Unit includes the Missing Persons Squad consisting of one sergeant and seven detectives. Prior to April 1, 2014 this was the only squad charged with investigating missing persons, critical missing persons and runaways. On April 1st, the squad was merged with the rest of the Youth Operations Unit creating a workforce of twenty detectives and four sergeants to investigate these missing person offenses, as well as offenses committed by or against juveniles.

The Dallas Police Department believes this change will provide more effective and efficient service to the citizens of Dallas.
I’m still confused but it’s ok. Each one of the divisions that fall under the Youth and family Support Division have their own contact and email address. Youth Operations is one of those divisions. The contact phone number and email match youth operations.... not missing persons (which I’m not convinced isn’t just for youth anyway) and not the umbrella youth and family services. Attaching screenshots. What does this tell us?
https://dallaspolice.net/division/youthoperations/youthoperationsunit

Youth Operations Unit
Youth Operations Unit
1400 S. Lamar Street
Dallas, Texas 75215
214-671-4268
youthdpd@dpd.dallascityhall.com

The Operations Unit investigates crimes of violence committed against juvenile victims. Juveniles who are arrested are brought to the Operations Unit and are fingerprinted and photographed in the juvenile processing center. Their arrest reports are reviewed by Unit detectives before transport of the offender to the county facility.

The Operations Unit can be contacted to gain information regarding a criminal offense in which the complainant is a juvenile. The Operations Unit can also be contacted regarding interference with child custody offenses.

When a juvenile is arrested, he/she will be transported to the Operations Unit juvenile processing center and then on to the Henry Wade Juvenile Center at 2600 Lone Star Drive.

Attachments

• 586CBC45-258C-48C2-A5EB-345E51B0F5E3.png
    586CBC45-258C-48C2-A5EB-345E51B0F5E3.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B32181E7-0D3E-43A2-8F0B-A4CFD15B08E2.png
    B32181E7-0D3E-43A2-8F0B-A4CFD15B08E2.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 12
Police Department Enhances Youth Operations Investigative Efficiency
The Youth Operations Unit includes the Missing Persons Squad consisting of one sergeant and seven detectives. Prior to April 1, 2014 this was the only squad charged with investigating missing persons, critical missing persons and runaways. On April 1st, the squad was merged with the rest of the Youth Operations Unit creating a workforce of twenty detectives and four sergeants to investigate these missing person offenses, as well as offenses committed by or against juveniles.

I was a little bewildered as well, until I read this section.
While the Youth Operations Unit investigations crimes against juveniles, it also now includes the Missing Persons squad.
More detectives is never a bad thing, IMO.

DPD held a press conference for Marisella Botello after her case status was upgraded to Missing Endangered. The investigator identified himself as Lt. Eric Roman, of Youth Operations and Missing Persons. Sounds like there is no hard and fast rule on the name they go by. Pio Dallas

Aside from that, the press conference was held two days after her case status change. Let's hope we hear soon from the DPD with more info about Alan's case.

So sad to see that Alan is now considered endangered missing but glad that his case will now be better considered, hopefully. It is interesting to learn about the way the missing person division is under the umbrella of th3 youth division. But I agree with the above poster that any arrangement resulting with more detectives available is a good thing. @thelastunicorn, know your family is still being prayed for.

edited to correct typo

I didn't realize (until now) that ALL four criteria must be met to activate the Texas State Endangered Missing Persons Alert Network - assuming this link is correct and current. Did I miss a "diagnosis" mentioned by family (or maybe that's private info not released)??

Endangered Missing Persons Alert – Texas Center for the Missing

I didn't realize (until now) that ALL four criteria must be met to activate the Texas State Endangered Missing Persons Alert Network - assuming this link is correct and current. Did I miss a "diagnosis" mentioned by family (or maybe that's private info not released)??

It looks up-to-date as the copyright at the bottom of the page says 2020.

So where does Alan fit into category number 1 then? Does he suffer from Autism or some other disorder his family haven't disclosed yet?

DPD held a press conference for Marisella Botello after her case status was upgraded to Missing Endangered. The investigator identified himself as Lt. Eric Roman, of Youth Operations and Missing Persons. Sounds like there is no hard and fast rule on the name they go by. Pio Dallas

Aside from that, the press conference was held two days after her case status change. Let's hope we hear soon from the DPD with more info about Alan's case.
Thank you for that information, so it sounds like it's just the title of a "department" with several different units. Crossing my fingers there will be a press conference soon with more information released.

Like everyone else who is here for Alan and his family, @thelastunicorn - I'm so sorry to see the change in Alan's status.

Last edited:
Landfill near where the vehicle was found.
Is that water by the landfill that I am seeing ?? (sorry, Im on phone and photo very small for my old eyes :) )
I hope family/searchers/ LE look for him inside that landfill, in the woods nearby and any body of water near that area.

I feel that he is around the area of where the car was found.
JMO ^^^^
I may be way off and the car was dropped there to point AWAY from the direction where AW is-- we all know that happens a lot. (Look here, not there )

Where are you Alan ??
I pray he is found soon, especially with the holidays coming up soon.

It’s about time! It is very possible that they have some circumstantial evidence his case may be related to another case and that’s why endangered (Botelo or the Dallas serial killer or car jacker). When I looked into this a couple weeks ago I also saw another older TX case was shifted from want to locate to endangered missing after social media comments were found that were threatening to the missing individual - for example. It also could be as simple as finally getting evidence back from the vehicle or surveillance footage that Alan didn’t drop off the vehicle.

I would not read anything into the telephone numbers AND ONE BEING (Youth Operations) they are using, the numbers were listed on the poster someone did a cross check. Perhaps that line is one of the least busy so they use it as a second line for tips. I think you are making something out of nothing.

Is there a difference between an "alert criteria" and being "classified" as endangered missing?

I tend to think Alan's endangered status might fall more in line with the NCIC definition. MOO

"ENDANGERED: a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger."
https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/MP-13.pdf

IMO, Endangered Missing Person Alert sounds similar to say, an Amber Alert or other types of alerts, but just with different criteria.

TxDPS - Endangered Missing Persons Alert

You mean the handle doesn't have that little kickstand thingy (technical term) that holds it for you so you can pump hands-free? I've never seen one like that. Interesting.

Sorry this is later response ...but I have an idea that gas stations can require customers to hold the pump handle while pumping gas as maybe a deterrent to drive offs? Holding the handle while pumping their fuel has to have a reason. MOO IMO
I haven't come across any lately either though.

I tend to think Alan's endangered status might fall more in line with the NCIC definition. MOO

"ENDANGERED: a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger."
https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/MP-13.pdf

IMO, Endangered Missing Person Alert sounds similar to say, an Amber Alert or other types of alerts, but just with different criteria.

TxDPS - Endangered Missing Persons Alert
That makes more sense, thanks for that @rainynights. If there is a press conference soon, maybe his status change will be clarified in terms of the criteria Alan met.

I've always assumed "endangered" meant the NCIC description (not having to meet all four criteria). Yes, I agree... the pc should explain it.

No matter. We are all very concerned/worried he hasn't been located.

It appears Texas has all sorts of alerts (clear, amber, blue, silver, endangered, camo)... I never realized.

What is a CLEAR Alert? Understanding various alerts for missing persons in Texas

Sorry this is later response ...but I have an idea that gas stations can require customers to hold the pump handle while pumping gas as maybe a deterrent to drive offs? Holding the handle while pumping their fuel has to have a reason. MOO IMO
I haven't come across any lately either though.
In my area, one of my neighbors owns the local gas station and she said sometimes when people use the notches/trigger locks, the pump does not always shut off when full automatically so some pumps have removed them.
Also, they would get the customers that use the trigger locks ( like myself) and the customers would leave the car, go into the gas station to buy something, then the nozzle does NOT auto stop and there is huge over flow.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members