GUILTY NY - Evanna Tranberg-Bennett, 12, died, parents failed to get her medical care, 6 Dec 2019 Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I am completely confused!

I might
This is so odd. Is this a big scam?
Because on BFI, both Venuska and Tevenia (instead of Tevania, btw) are credited as cast members, which is a bit odd, because Venuska would've been 3 in 1997, and Tevania would just be a tiny baby, she's 23 now. Heidi Tranberg is credited as the producer, and Steve Bennett is credited with the screenplay. None of them are credited on IMDb.

They're the scanners.

What's odd IMO are these folks.

Macrobiotic diet - Wikipedia

This is noteworthy in that the original Kushi Institute was in Brookline.

Look at me sleuthing! :)

Re: Dirty Hari Krishna, I believe the Krishnas were interested in Macro Biotics. Just a kinda curious tie in...or maybe not :)
Yeah, that's the Kushi Institute that closed in 2017, leaving 50k in unpaid taxes. The founder, Michio Kushi is Tenji's grandfather so great grandfather to two of Venushka's kids. Michio claimed a macrobiotic diet could cure cancer. He, his wife and daughter all died from cancer, so go figure.

There's tons of stuff to be sleuthed about it but not all relevant to this case. Oddly, the family claims on their House of Macrobiotics FB that Steve is a world renowned expert on the diet and is planning on writing books on how the family's lifetime research and study will show that current macrobiotics are wrong and I guess he's going to present the "real" way to follow the diet. Or something. :rolleyes: MOO.

Yeah, that's the Kushi Institute that closed in 2017, leaving 50k in unpaid taxes. The founder, Michio Kushi is Tenji's grandfather so great grandfather to two of Venushka's kids. Michio claimed a macrobiotic diet could cure cancer. He, his wife and daughter all died from cancer, so go figure.

There's tons of stuff to be sleuthed about it but not all relevant to this case. Oddly, the family claims on their House of Macrobiotics FB that Steve is a world renowned expert on the diet and is planning on writing books on how the family's lifetime research and study will show that current macrobiotics are wrong and I guess he's going to present the "real" way to follow the diet. Or something. :rolleyes: MOO.
The fact that both ended up being diagnosed with cancer is a tragedy. Two family members with cancer? That's just sad. And the fact that they were too proud to ask for help makes me sad too. You can't help those who don't want to be helped, I guess.

The fact that both ended up being diagnosed with cancer is a tragedy. Two family members with cancer? That's just sad. And the fact that they were too proud to ask for help makes me sad too. You can't help those who don't want to be helped, I guess.
And their daughter also died from cancer. IMO that's the danger in believing one single way of life can cure everything. There's nothing wrong with a plant-based diet as long as a person is willing to add supplements, especially for growing children. But to make claims that a certain diet can *cure* disease is IMO reckless and dangerous. Regardless of whatever the Tranberg Bennett family claims is their way of eating it's clear that certain nutrients were lacking in the children's diets. And IMO it's abusive to restrict a child's diet while ignoring clear signs of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. MOO.

Was anyone in the family CPR certified? Or an instructor even? Just a vibe I'm getting....:rolleyes:
IMO I doubt it. This is a family who is told by a toddler that someone in DSS slapped him and what did they do? Call 911? Call their lawyer? Nope, they posted a short audio file on their FB page where they obviously coached him to accuse DSS of abuse.

A DSS employee slapping a child in care constitutes assault and would immediately be investigated by LE. So why did the child's mother do nothing? It boggles the mind.

Heaven help the other children in that family. MOO.

IMO Venuska and her father have been trying to get ahead of the game all along. Suspect it's their attempt to cover up what LE found in the home right from the start. Steve was a film producer. Never made it big. They've mentioned several times they are making a documentary of this "corruption". All just smoke and mirrors to distract from what I suspect LE found at the scene. Their way to control the narrative. LE and DA must have enough evidence to support the charges and the "lewd" photographs are very concerning. She keeps changing her story on those pictures. Venuska also mentioned being accused of child trafficking because police found information on pieces of paper in the home that "were just a joke" in a previous post. Who "jokes" about child sex trafficking? Steve and Heidi IMO have been exploiting their children for decades. They made Venuska and her sisters be in films when they were minors. Also filmed them in sexually suggestive you tube videos doing yoga exercises. This is not normal father behavior. This a man who is controlling, manipulating, and exploiting his daughters and a mother who has allowed it to go on for years. Seems like they tried to gain fame off the coat tails of the Kushi Institute and failed at that. In one videos it shows a little boy excited about his glasses only to be made to feel ashamed by Heidi. Anyone watching the video can see the little boy's face is crushed by his mother's responses. Venuska is finally reunited with her children after nearly a year and she spends that time interrogating and taping the children for public exposure? Who does things like that? A natural instinct would be to love and protect the child, not expose them to the whole world. Very disturbing parenting. The level of defamation of officials has reached a new level. I hope they are charged for that too.
This is a profound post.

I was here in the beginning. Back then my head spun. But, I think that was the intent of Vanuska.

Sedona has laid this out simple and practical to comprehend.

Venuska has 4 children with 2 different men. Both fathers are known and semingly involved parents.

The four children use Tranberg Bennet as their last name. This feels weird to me. 2 of the kids could have Kushi as their last name. It makes me feel the pompacity of Steve and Heidi it thick.

Did these people (SB/HTB) have a memorial service for Evanna? Any celebration of her young life... like maybe a film of her life by someone who reportedly knows how to hold a camera?
Well... on their they posted an update last February saying Evanna's body had been released and they needed at least 5k in donations to hold her funeral. Then on their FB page they posted on November 1 that they haven't been able to have a funeral yet for Evanna so I guess there's been no funeral. There haven't been any announcements about a memorial service either. I'm not sure where poor Evanna's body is. MOO.

@MsMarple How/what have you discovered to say he is not the same “Steve Bennet”? Indeed his role has been inflated many times over, but Iron Fist Productions was in his building & he was directly involved/or part owner. @Filly asked where he is from & whitepages links him thru LaCrosse back to Bedford,Lexington,Bilercia- basically Boston regions. What is interesting is that Those cross references don’t seem to match his age/relatives. However guessing his birth year there was a divorce filed in Milwaukee by a Steve P.Bennett to a Kathy- 11/1996. Perhaps that was the push she attempted to get him to return... try to film
“Pictures from Home” there as he stated he had tried before in Florida- one might deduce that they had met in LaCrosse for whatever reason, they ran back to his home area, his being 11 years older, her having HS musical roles etc was enamored or under the spell he exudes & after 2 kids wanted him to divorce. The last case update was 2006 with references to his address being unknown. As for $ who knows, that industry is rife with rich stareyed investors & he seemed to make strides in Japanese interests, likely meeting the Kushi leader whose son Toshi was “betrothed” to Venuska (remember the split & his fear from Heidi & Steve re: statutory rape charges) Whatever the $ that they got & the furniture fight that Venuska parents freaked out over was likely substantial & odd that venuska would be able to lay claim when not even w Toshi at the time. Linda Nevling Tranberg Harrison is Heidi mother who was married to Wally. oddly @ 1974 there was a tranberg woman in lacrosse who had 10 children & raised them all together when the husband died & there was said to be total of 15 children cared for under 1 roof as 5 of the sons lived there also with their families all together. Guessing Wally & Linda during nursing school was one of them & Heidi was there as well for a time. indeed these things are relevant as they stated in a post the DA accused Steve of not working in the film industry (last public info seems from 2001) furthermore i am convinced that there is something scam like or worse in his many missing years of info & the cross referencing repeatedly not matching his info

That seems like a stretch.and i think you meant Tenji’s grandfather? I found the obit & don’t see the name Wally is it even WI?: “ Rita is survived by her 15 children, Lana (Harold) Kidd, Blair, Linda (Dennis) Young, Rosemont, MN, Allan (Roxy) Tranberg, Abbotsford, Sheila (Eugene) Simmons, Blaire, Cindy (David) Tjoflat, Ettrick, Bob (Sue) Tranberg, Blair, Marie (David Nyen, Blair, Lorie (Jim) Iverson, Blue River, Vern (Wendy) Tranberg West Salem, Sue (Jim) Nyen, Blair, Ron (Deana) Tranberg, Blair, Julie (Tim) Wheeler, Blair, Carol (Jeff) Berg, Ettrick, Butch (Brenda) Tranberg, Whitehall and Tammy (Willie ) Vehrenkamp, Ettrick; 65 grandchildren and great grandchildren; a sister, Elaine Stenberg and four brothers, Tom, Perry, Don and Stephen Lee.”

Last edited:
@MsMarple How/what have you discovered to say he is not the same “Steve Bennet”? Indeed his role has been inflated many times over, but Iron Fist Productions was in his building & he was directly involved/or part owner. @Filly asked where he is from & whitepages links him thru LaCrosse back to Bedford,Lexington,Bilercia- basically Boston regions. What is interesting is that Those cross references don’t seem to match his age/relatives. However guessing his birth year there was a divorce filed in Milwaukee by a Steve P.Bennett to a Kathy- 11/1996. Perhaps that was the push she attempted to get him to return... try to film
“Pictures from Home” there as he stated he had tried before in Florida- one might deduce that they had met in LaCrosse for whatever reason, they ran back to his home area, his being 11 years older, her having HS musical roles etc was enamored or under the spell he exudes & after 2 kids wanted him to divorce. The last case update was 2006 with references to his address being unknown. As for $ who knows, that industry is rife with rich stareyed investors & he seemed to make strides in Japanese interests, likely meeting the Kushi leader whose son Toshi was “betrothed” to Venuska (remember the split & his fear from Heidi & Steve re: statutory rape charges) Whatever the $ that they got & the furniture fight that Venuska parents freaked out over was likely substantial & odd that venuska would be able to lay claim when not even w Toshi at the time. Linda Nevling Tranberg Harrison is Heidi mother who was married to Wally. oddly @ 1974 there was a tranberg woman in lacrosse who had 10 children & raised them all together when the husband died & there was said to be total of 15 children cared for under 1 roof as 5 of the sons lived there also with their families all together. Guessing Wally & Linda during nursing school was one of them & Heidi was there as well for a time. indeed these things are relevant as they stated in a post the DA accused Steve of not working in the film industry (last public info seems from 2001) furthermore i am convinced that there is something scam like or worse in his many missing years of info & the cross referencing repeatedly not matching his info

Welcome, Imby, and huge thanks for tracking that all down. Phew!

IMO whoever Toshi is may have been a link to some loot.

Of course not a son of Kushi, but he had a ton of grandkids. I sooo don't want to dig out my old macrobiotic books. I do recall Kushi had I think four sons. One daughter. Was married I think twice? I didn't drink the Kool-aid, but ate alot of darkens and seaweed.

Not that any of it is helpful, but the betrothed Toshi has my interest. Bennett IMO is a con from birth. Thanks again!

"]Macrobiotic diet - Wikipedia

This is noteworthy in that the original Kushi Institute was in Brookline.

Look at me sleuthing! :)

Re: Dirty Hari Krishna, I believe the Krishnas were interested in Macro Biotics. Just a kinda curious tie in...or maybe not :)[/QUOTE]

You go, Mama! Good Sleuthing. We need you.

As the saying goes "No flies on you".

FWIW I'm Catholic and followed the macrobiotic "lifestyle" for about maybe two years? It is not easy. It's a whole show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88