IL IL - Will Co., MixedFem UP5211, 20-30, found near I-55, strangled, Sep'68

Question What do you want to get to? to help more than anything
Im not sure i understand what you're trying to ask?
well I'm trying to ask, what is the reason for the thread? Identify the person, search for him, provide evidence?

well I'm trying to ask, what is the reason for the thread? Identify the person, search for him, provide evidence?
The purposes of these threads are to identify the unidentified decedent. If you look in the "Identified" forum under "Match!", you will see many matches that were made by members of Websleuths.

I see, thanks for clarifying it, in which case, do you have something to identify the victim?

well I'm trying to ask, what is the reason for the thread? Identify the person, search for him, provide evidence?[/QUOTE

The purpose of this is to give these poor souls their identities back, get them home to family, and to give their loved ones closure to the pain they've endured for years or even decades. A bonus would also be to get them the justice they deserve if they were murdered. I hope these are good enough reasons to you for is doing this...

What is the purpose of your question? As you're coming across very condescending...

I wonder how old the victim was. She had graying roots but some people grow grey hair young. How can we get the DNA Doe Project involved in this? I thought we would be seeing mass Doe identifications with their help this year but I think the pandemic delayed a lot of testing all over.

I wonder how old the victim was. She had graying roots but some people grow grey hair young. How can we get the DNA Doe Project involved in this? I thought we would be seeing mass Doe identifications with their help this year but I think the pandemic delayed a lot of testing all over.

I don't know but if she hasn't been added to the DNA Doe Project, I hope someone does add her!

https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/?profileID=marie-norma-mike
Marie Mike, 22yo indigenous woman missing from Canada since 1964 - resembles the original recon I think, including the narrow nose, relatively small mouth, wide forehead.
View attachment 272755View attachment 272756

Yes, similarities in looks, age range, but 5 yr. time frame between when Marie went missing & the UID was found, height within 1 inch difference, weight of Marie more but could've changed, about 3 1/2 day driving time between the 2 locations. It says for race White and possibly Native American, whereas Marie is not of mixed race. UID's fingerprints and DNA available I see. IMO it isn't her but that's just my take on it.

• September 30, 1968
  • ISP Case: 68-28725
  • NIC: 705881578
  • Case No: UP5211
  • Vicap: 09AMD00002
  • UNT: 09-1437
  • 65”, 135 pounds, Black hair, brown eyes, about 20-30 years old, pierced ears, blood type ‘O’ Body was found in woods near the area of I-55 and Blodgett Road in Will County Illinois.
  • The body had only been there a few days when found.
  • Fingerprints available and have been searched through updated methods as of 2018.
  • Full dental records available. Recently updated by forensic anthropologists
  • mtDNA, STR in NDIS, profiled by University of North Texas, Center for Human Identification
  • Stable Isotope Analysis completed 2015 and indicate this woman may have grown up in Canada or Alaska, and may have worked or visited Eastern, South Western and Midwest U.S.
  • DNA analysis by the Forensic Anthropolgy Department University of Illinois indicates heavy Asian/Americas ancestry, negligible European ancestry.

• DNA analysis by the Forensic Anthropology Department University of Illinois indicates heavy Asian/Americas ancestry, and negligible European ancestry.
Interesting, I wonder if they were able to narrow it down to specific regions.

823UFIL - Unidentified Female

823UFIL1.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim by Natalie Murry.

Date of Discovery: September 30, 1968
Location of Discovery: Will County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: 2 Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Strangulation

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 20 - 30 years old
Race: Native American and/or White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Black, straight, collar length; color ranges from red to medium brown. Roots showed signs of graying; her hair was possibly dyed.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Left ear darker in color than the rest of the body. Left little finger crooked. Both ear lobes pierced. "O" blood type. Indications of possible prior toxoplasmosis (parasitic disease, usually asymptomatic).

Identifiers

Dentals: Available; Tooth #2 broken, #4, #5 and #30 had cavities, #8 and #9 were chipped, #14 and #31 had gold caps, and #3 was porcelain filled.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: None.

Circumstances of Discovery

A highway department worker picking up debris found the victim's body was found near I-55 and Blodgett Road in an unincorporated area of Will County, Illinois on September 30, 1968. She had not died at the scene; she was moved to the wooded area postmortem.

Authorities believe the woman could have come from anywhere in the country.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Will County Coroner
Agency Contact Person: Gene Sullivan or Joe Piper
Agency Phone Number: 815-727-8455
Agency E-Mail: gsullivan(at)willcountyillinois.com
Agency Case Number: UN 68-01

Agency Name: Will County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 815-727-8575
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 68-28725

NCIC Case Number: U705881578