NJ NJ - West New York, UnkRace/Sex Pre 60, UP65082, skeletonized in plastic bag, Mar'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
HUDSON COUNTY, NJ — A crew of landscapers found a plastic bag containing what appear to be "human remains" in a cliff area near Hillside Road in West New York on Wednesday, prosecutors said.

Workers from a landscaping company contracted by the municipality to clean the area found the remains around 10 a.m. near Hillside Road, formerly known as Anthony M. Defino Way. They called West New York police officers, who confirmed the finding and contacted the Hudson County Prosecutor's Homicide Unit, authorities said.

"The preliminary investigation has confirmed that these were human remains, but at this time, the remains have not been identified," the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office stated Thursday. "At this stage of the investigation, it is also unclear how long the remains have been there."
https://patch.com/new-jersey/hoboken/hudson-county-landscapers-find-human-remains-bag-prosecutor

Detectives are not sure how long the remains had been there or when the person may have died. The prosecutor's office is asking for the public's assistance in the case. It's unknown if the remains are that of a man or woman.

Anyone with information is asked to call 201-915-1345 or leave an anonymous tip on the Hudson County Prosecutor's website. All information will be kept confidential.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2018/03/homicide_units_investigating_bag_of_human_remains.html

He was identified as Deshawn Cortez-Seaborn, 24.

Remains of 24-Year-Old Found in Bag Outside Hudson Valley Bank

I'm unfortunately not able to find any further information about the investigation into his death.
I think the remains in the article you posted are those of a different person. The article is not dated, and states the remains were found "last Monday", in a duffel bag, outside a bank, in a dumpster. The UID in the OP was found on a Wednesday, in a plastic bag, at the bottom of a cliff. Also, I think the addressed don't match.

I believe the remains of Deshawn Cortez-Seaborn were found in November.
Police trying to ID male body found in bag

I haven't found anything new regarding these remains, though, and they are not listed on NamUs.

I think the remains in the article you posted are those of a different person. The article is not dated, and states the remains were found "last Monday", in a duffel bag, outside a bank, in a dumpster. The UID in the OP was found on a Wednesday, in a plastic bag, at the bottom of a cliff. Also, I think the addressed don't match.

I believe the remains of Deshawn Cortez-Seaborn were found in November.
Police trying to ID male body found in bag

I haven't found anything new regarding these remains, though, and they are not listed on NamUs.

Good catch iulia. I think you are right that sounds like a different case.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP65082
Date Body Found March 14, 2018
ME/C Case Number 09-18-0305

Sex Unsure
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Height 5' 0"-5' 9"(60-69 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location West New York, New Jersey
County Hudson County
Circumstances of Recovery Skeletonized human remains found possibly in bag on side hill along busy roadway.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Definitely a good catch Iulia. West New York is in Hudson County, New Jersey these remains were found in March 2018 and the remains of Deshawn Cortez Seaborn were found in Yonkers, New York in November 2018. I'm going to report my post so a mod can check this information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back