Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think that having direct testimony who either saw BM threaten Suzanne with violence or death, or heard him do so, would add to the case?

Maybe someone who had seen him attempt to physically harm her sometime in the past? And perhaps that person has told others about the incident - but is the sole direct witness?

I too can envision non-BM scenarios, but apparently LE has him squarely in their sights (and so does Suzanne's family). IMO.

At any rate, any witnesses to domestic violence in the Morphew home will likely be family members or close associates of family members. If that violence included verbal threats and, say, grabbing someone by the throat, then the D.A. knows she can find expert testimony that will truly bolster a no body case. If it happened at intervals and there's a timeline presented by various witnesses (be great if there were more than one) and if those who had observed the DV mentioned to others before Suzanne's disappearance, even better.

All kinds of other details are useful (like the person who heard BM say that "Suzanne's not going anywhere" while Suzanne was trying to plan a trip with girlfriends, IIRC) but someone who saw DV or heard specific threats would be much more useful.

A lot of us who survived DV and were in the process of trying to get out of the relationship do in fact confide in others ("If I ever disappear, you'll know who did it" kind of thing). If that were combined with someone who had directly witnessed BM threaten or attempt harm on Suzanne, that would be powerful at trial.

Not to take away from your thoughtful & personal post- but I don’t think this type (DV) of information is what LE is after when they are specifically asking for information about her social media activity and named several specific platforms. I think those type of conversations, if true regarding DM, happened months ago. They have it. IMO

That’s what I’m stuck on right now and it must be a big deal for LE to include it in a press release when they really don’t like to talk much. IMO

You have misunderstood. I have zero complaints with LE.

LE is seeking information from SM “devoted friends” according to CCSO last press release. These folks, IMO, need to get on with it and tell LE what they know. She’s been missing for 6 + months. Enough. IMO

ETA: Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff
Surely, reluctant witnesses are common in cases of violent crime, gang related crime and organized crime. It seems like a common issue that LE must deal with in the course of investigations. LE has tried to assure the witnesses of anonymity and of not getting in trouble for reporting. Aside from subpoenas, I’m not sure how they can compel witnesses’ cooperation.

Barry has come out aggressively against anyone offering information to LE that reflects poorly upon him. I can see why people might feel hesitant to come forward.

Barry has come out aggressively against anyone offering information to LE that reflects poorly upon him. I can see why people might feel hesitant to come forward.

(I snipped the quote) Imagine the trouble his daughters would be in if they spoke out against him in any way, even to talk about
or even plead for their mom... physical, mental, emotional, financial...

I have difficulties separating the opinions of wishful thinkers from those that know how these things play out.

In your opinion, does LE have in its possession at this moment in time, enough evidence to convict the killer?
LE may or may not have the required evidence now.

What they don't have now is a DA that can/will see this case through.

Let the new DA take office in January. This will be a high profile case and possibly a career changer for the new DA.

Wisely, the lame duck DA doesn't want to get blamed for anything on her watch.

JMO

Not to take away from your thoughtful & personal post- but I don’t think this type (DV) of information is what LE is after when they are specifically asking for information about her social media activity and named several specific platforms. I think those type of conversations, if true regarding DM, happened months ago. They have it. IMO

That’s what I’m stuck on right now and it must be a big deal for LE to include it in a press release when they really don’t like to talk much. IMO
They have it and they need an actual witness to make a statement?
I reckon they have everything too, it's been 6 months, they must have everything by now, everything she ever wrote, I mean..

Those couple of phrases from the last PR had been niggling at me. I realised police were trying to say something very specific, probably to someONE very specific.

Now what you’re suggesting makes sense. Especially if BM and the girls were under the impression Suzanne had been persuaded to cut all contact with old friends (Dad didn’t like it). Now police are telling them, actually she DID stay in touch with people she loved, implying she trusted them enough to confide in them about the state of the marriage.

Maybe police are saying, ‘You won’t get BM into NEW trouble by telling us about his bullying. We know anyway, so you may as well talk to us.”
I watched her dad's last video last night, he mentioned he hadn't heard from her so much since she moved, immediately the words COERCIVE CONTROL screamed out at me.
My own experience of DV groups tells me they would be the first to help out if they had any information at all. Though they are all vulnerable women, and men, there is invariably a group leader or more experienced members who are now safe from their former partners so would not have the same fear as those still living in danger.

I am having some issues with facebook so I'm sorry I can't share the link. If you visit SM's page and look at the pages she has "liked" one of them is called, I'm sure, "Christian Dating 101". I noticed this some time ago, and I don't believe it's been mentioned, but it's been nagging at me since the press release regarding social media.

Why would SM be interested in a site specifically geared towards single Christians to offer dating advice and to help make romantic connections? The posts on the page wouldn't seem to offer any value to a married person. It doesn't appear she has "liked" any similar pages. There are many reasons other than dating for which SM may have had interest (helping a friend, daughter, etc with dating issues? She knows the page owner? It was an "accident" and she didn't mean to "like" it?). It probably means nothing at all.

imo though...given the situation it strikes me as a little sus. I am curious as to whether anyone else noticed it, and what your thoughts are.

Again, apologies for my technical issue. I know we are allowed to link to SM facebook page so I hope it's okay to still refer to it without providing the link. If someone else could provide it, that would be awesome! Thank you. :)

Jeez. Like once a month unknown human remains are found in CO.

I have made a note to myself: Do not ever live in CO, CA, WA, or Oregon state. They are so beautiful and I love to visit. However, IMO something is in the water there:eek:. So many serial killers and murders in general in those particular states. Please do not take offense as I know there are many of our sleuths who live in these states. LOVE YOU ALL ;) JMO...

I have made a note to myself: Do not ever live in CO, CA, WA, or Oregon state. They are so beautiful and I love to visit. However, IMO something is in the water there:eek:. So many serial killers and murders in general in those particular states. Please do not take offense as I know there are many of our sleuths who live in these states. LOVE YOU ALL ;) JMO...

LOL, and don't marry a Peterson!

I am having some issues with facebook so I'm sorry I can't share the link. If you visit SM's page and look at the pages she has "liked" one of them is called, I'm sure, "Christian Dating 101". I noticed this some time ago, and I don't believe it's been mentioned, but it's been nagging at me since the press release regarding social media.

Why would SM be interested in a site specifically geared towards single Christians to offer dating advice and to help make romantic connections? The posts on the page wouldn't seem to offer any value to a married person. It doesn't appear she has "liked" any similar pages. There are many reasons other than dating for which SM may have had interest (helping a friend, daughter, etc with dating issues? She knows the page owner? It was an "accident" and she didn't mean to "like" it?). It probably means nothing at all.

imo though...given the situation it strikes me as a little sus. I am curious as to whether anyone else noticed it, and what your thoughts are.

Again, apologies for my technical issue. I know we are allowed to link to SM facebook page so I hope it's okay to still refer to it without providing the link. If someone else could provide it, that would be awesome! Thank you. :)

I recall seeing that. I just checked and the like doesn’t seem to be showing up any longer on SM’s FB page.

In any case, I recall it was the site Godly Dating 101 and their tag line states it is for teaching single and married believers how to be godly spouses while promoting purity and chivalry.

It would be in line with what we know of Suzanne - seeking a more God-centered relationship.

Sad to think she was doing her very best to be a good wife and to spiritually strengthen her marriage.

jmo

edit: typo

Last edited:

MOO, I might think it was having daughters and looking at different things they come into contact with.
I looked into the blog. Its about being true to God first, relationship second
Nothing remotely seedy.

Last edited:
I recall seeing that. I just checked and the like doesn’t seem to be showing up any longer on SM’s FB page.

In any case, I recall it was the site Godly Dating 101 and their tag line states it is for teaching single and married believers how to be godly spouses while promoting purity and chivalry.

It would be in line with what we know of Suzanne - seeking a more God-centered relationship.

Sad to think she was doing her very best to be a good wife and to spiritually strengthen her marriage.

jmo

edit: typo

MOO, I might think it was having daughters and looking at different things they come into contact with.
I looked into the blog. Its about being true to God first, relationship second
Nothing remotely seedy.

Thank you. It had been a minute since I looked at it, and I couldn't recall everything about it. I didn't think it was seedy at all. I had thought if what has been said by some regarding SMs marriage that perhaps she was looking for a connection. Not necessarily a romantic connection but a deeper connection with like-minded people.

It is interesting that it is no longer listed in her "liked" pages. Does that mean someone has access to her account, and why "unlike" that particular page?

We don’t know for a fact she wrote them, but I’m taking them at face value. I’m sure Suzanne was happy once.
Thanks Mass Guy.
I am catching up slowly.
Thread 2, first couple of pages is a photo or a print of their wedding ceremony. Just her signature, but it looks different but I know there could be all kinds of reasons for that.

I just googled "Christian Dating 101", and I almost dropped my breakfast bun. A naked woman doing something to herself appears and the warning, there might be more of it. I don't know, if a woman in SM's age woud "like" it so easily.
Maybe, BM played around as he probably did with the friendship connections?

Surely, reluctant witnesses are common in cases of violent crime, gang related crime and organized crime. It seems like a common issue that LE must deal with in the course of investigations. LE has tried to assure the witnesses of anonymity and of not getting in trouble for reporting. Aside from subpoenas, I’m not sure how they can compel witnesses’ cooperation.

bbm
Might be, already before their move, still in Indiana there were people, who didn't dare to say a word against him, whether business or other matters. IMO

I just googled "Christian Dating 101", and I almost dropped my breakfast bun. A naked woman doing something to herself appears and the warning, there might be more of it. I don't know, if a woman in SM's age woud "like" it so easily.
Maybe, BM played around as he probably did with the friendship connections?
That naked woman thing has nothing to do with Christian Dating 101.
Your search term included the word "dating" so Google did its thing.
I saw that ad too, it was gross and shocking, but unrelated, its an ad one gets on top of the page of results from a search.

Thank you. It had been a minute since I looked at it, and I couldn't recall everything about it. I didn't think it was seedy at all. I had thought if what has been said by some regarding SMs marriage that perhaps she was looking for a connection. Not necessarily a romantic connection but a deeper connection with like-minded people.

It is interesting that it is no longer listed in her "liked" pages. Does that mean someone has access to her account, and why "unlike" that particular page?

LE has publicly stated they are carefully reviewing Suzanne’s social media presence. FBI and CBI would certainly have access to her Facebook page, (assuming they have obtained it through the legal process as part of their investigation.)

I am not aware of anything being “unliked.” Rather, portions of the profile that may have been previously visible to to the public are no longer visible.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member