Found Safe IL - Taegan Randolph, 20, did not show up for work & school, Matherville, 20 Nov 2020

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MERCER Co., Ill. (KWQC) - The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for help in search of a missing 20-year-old woman.

According to the sheriff’s office, Taegan Renee Randolph, of Matherville, has not shown up for work or school. Deputies say she was last seen dropping off her sister at school in the morning on Friday, Nov. 20.

More at 20-year-old woman reported missing out of Mercer County

127190629_1131365217281778_7865708799039219806_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CrimeStoppersMerCo/photos/a.318715778546730/1131365213948445/

Matherville has a population of only about 670 people.

MERCER Co., Ill. (KWQC) - The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for help in search of a missing 20-year-old woman.

According to the sheriff’s office, Taegan Renee Randolph, of Matherville, has not shown up for work or school. Deputies say she was last seen dropping off her sister at school in the morning on Friday, Nov. 20.

More at 20-year-old woman reported missing out of Mercer County

127190629_1131365217281778_7865708799039219806_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CrimeStoppersMerCo/photos/a.318715778546730/1131365213948445/

Matherville has a population of only about 670 people.

I was just about to come here to post about her! Hope she is found soon.

With a car listed as being the color “wild orchid purple” I hope someone can spot it quickly.
Does she have a boyfriend or an off/on romantic relationship? Or any history of drug use or old friends she might be staying with?

Matherville woman reported missing

[...]

Taegan stays in a hotel in Davenport when she is in school, and was due to return home Friday morning.

She’s a student at Capri Cosmetology School in Davenport and works at Cosmo Prof in Moline. She was supposed to be at school Saturday and didn’t show up. She also was scheduled to work Sunday and didn’t show up, according to a post on the Quad-Cities Missing Persons' Facebook page.

Her cellphone goes directly to voicemail.

MISSING: Young woman vanishes after dropping her sister off at school

[...]

Taegan Randolph is described as a white female, 5 foot 8 inches tall and weighing about 190 pounds. She has green eyes and dyed blond hair. According to the report, police said Taegan drives a 4-door, Wild Orchid Purple Kia Optima with plate number BR77322.

Taegan-Renee-Randolph.jpg

What is the name of the hotel she stays at when she has school? Is the hotel arranged by/affiliated with the school at all? When I was in college, due to construction some people had to dorm in a nearby hotel. It was arranged by the school. I wonder if that’s the case here. If not, it kind of strikes me as odd. I’m curious what kind of hotel it is.

What is the name of the hotel she stays at when she has school? Is the hotel arranged by/affiliated with the school at all? When I was in college, due to construction some people had to dorm in a nearby hotel. It was arranged by the school. I wonder if that’s the case here. If not, it kind of strikes me as odd. I’m curious what kind of hotel it is.
Does she have classes just on Saturday?
Guessing it’s too far away to drive so she gets a hotel room?

I think one of the above links said she had class Saturday. But it also said she was due back home on Friday. So I’m a little confused.

I am basically wondering if the hotel is unsafe, or in a sketchy area. I also wonder if she usually stayed there alone.

I don't think I've ever heard of a cosmetology school that offers housing.

[...]

Taegan stays in a hotel in Davenport when she is in school, and was due to return home Friday morning.

She’s a student at Capri Cosmetology School in Davenport and works at Cosmo Prof in Moline. She was supposed to be at school Saturday and didn’t show up. She also was scheduled to work Sunday and didn’t show up, according to a post on the Quad-Cities Missing Persons' Facebook page.

[...]

Taegan Randolph is described as a white female, 5 foot 8 inches tall and weighing about 190 pounds. She has green eyes and dyed blond hair. According to the report, police said Taegan drives a 4-door, Wild Orchid Purple Kia Optima with plate number BR77322.

View attachment 272941
I hope she’s ok. She’s been open about her own mental health in her social media linked. Covid is tough for so many, as is Seasonal Affective Disorder. I hope she is just needing a break and is ok.

TikTok seems like maybe she ended a relationship in October? Not sure.

Here is her school location/matherville, IL/work shown on map. I’m not understanding the hotel as school is only 30-40 minutes away and work is between school and home. Maybe late class followed by early next day, not sure. Google Maps

Here is a blog of hers.
About Me

[...]

[...]

View attachment 272941
Ok, thinking out loud.

Assuming her sister doesn’t normally drive herself to school you would think parents knew she was taking her sister to school on Friday. Was “home” where she was supposed to return, Matherville? When was she reported missing?

I wonder what kind of searching is happening? Anybody ever want to just jump thru the screen and ask sometimes?

I noticed her last social activity seems to be liking a tweet of someone else’s that was posted on the 19th at 12:39. I don’t know when she like the tweet. Here is her Twitter. https://twitter.com/taegrenee?s=21

If I could suggest anything with my novice sleuthing skills I would say these things.

1. Who paid for her phone? If it was her family then they should be able to login to the account and find out the last data usage and texts. If it’s not available with the particular carrier yet you can start a chat with that carrier and request it usually immediately. I speak from experience here.

2. Does she have a laptop at home? Possibly one that could be connected to her phone? Can the last known location of the phone be seen there? Or her Apple Watch?

3. Google or chrome location data on?

4. I can tell she’s had problems with mental health. Her TickTock should really be reviewed by family to see if there are any clues there.

5. Please drive any route that she could have taken back to wherever she was expected which I assume is the home in Matherville Illinois. look for a car that could’ve runoff the road or wrecked in a ditch or obscured by cornfield.

6. Please talk with whoever it was at the school that she may have been dating last year. according to this tweet.https://twitter.com/taegrenee/status/1131235950896533505?s=21

7. I would check the area of this particular post as it seems to be meaningful to her.Login • Instagram

It sure would be helpful to know where she was expected after dropping her sister off.

I live in this area and the cosmetology colleges here are smaller and do not offer housing. I live in Illinois but work in Davenport - some of my coworkers live in Matherville/Reynolds & commute daily so I was also wondering why she would need to stay in Davenport. The hotels over there that would be weekly rates are not somewhere I'd want to stay.

I wonder what kind of searching is happening? Anybody ever want to just jump thru the screen and ask sometimes?

I noticed her last social activity seems to be liking a tweet of someone else’s that was posted on the 19th at 12:39. I don’t know when she like the tweet. Here is her Twitter. https://twitter.com/taegrenee?s=21

If I could suggest anything with my novice sleuthing skills I would say these things.

1. Who paid for her phone? If it was her family then they should be able to login to the account and find out the last data usage and texts. If it’s not available with the particular carrier yet you can start a chat with that carrier and request it usually immediately. I speak from experience here.

2. Does she have a laptop at home? Possibly one that could be connected to her phone? Can the last known location of the phone be seen there? Or her Apple Watch?

3. Google or chrome location data on?

4. I can tell she’s had problems with mental health. Her TickTock should really be reviewed by family to see if there are any clues there.

5. Please drive any route that she could have taken back to wherever she was expected which I assume is the home in Matherville Illinois. look for a car that could’ve runoff the road or wrecked in a ditch or obscured by cornfield.

6. Please talk with whoever it was at the school that she may have been dating last year. according to this tweet.https://twitter.com/taegrenee/status/1131235950896533505?s=21

7. I would check the area of this particular post as it seems to be meaningful to her.Login • Instagram

It sure would be helpful to know where she was expected after dropping her sister off.

The main roads to Matherville are pretty rural & surrounded by fields. However, the corn has already been harvested so a car off the side of the road would be very visible to anyone driving past as it's very flat and not a lot of wooded areas right off the road there. Not sure where she lives in relation to the school but a lot of people in Matherville live off gravel roads so I'm sure the area to search is pretty vast. I am local and am shocked I have not seen anything w/ regards to planned searches. Also, I found it odd that it wasn't front & center on our local news last night. It was on their websites, but I didn't notice it mentioned on the channel I watched during the actual news. So many questions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back