Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

It’s the NY post, so take it fwiw...

A Staten Island doctor disappeared while on a morning walk in a park with her mother five days ago, police said.

snip

Saukin suffered from alcoholism and has expressed suicidal thoughts in the past, a law enforcement source said. Part of her routine was to walk with family in the park in the morning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ng-staten-island-park-for-missing-doctor/amp/

A Staten Island doctor disappeared while on a morning walk in a park with her mother five days ago, police said.

snip

Saukin suffered from alcoholism and has expressed suicidal thoughts in the past, a law enforcement source said. Part of her routine was to walk with family in the park in the morning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ng-staten-island-park-for-missing-doctor/amp/

Bbm

I know it’s the NYP and all but it’s strange that she disappeared while on a walk inside the park with her mother. Did she speed up her walking, bolt away, run out of sight? Hmmm...

I hope she is found alive very soon.

snip

This is the tweet they linked to from NYPD, it does not mention her mother
https://twitter.com/NYPD120Pct/status/1329609440975261703?s=20

snip

Redirect Notice
This is new information to me. Is it at all possible that Dr Saukin checked herself into a treatment facility, perhaps out of the area, somewhere remote? HIPAA laws would not disclose that I think?
Can one attend a facility under an assumed name?

It would be a hopeful possibility though I know it's unlikely. Her mom would know I guess, she wouldn't be put into such anguish I expect.

So accomplished, talented, and evidently her patients love her......:(

snip

So...she was on a walk with her mother.

snip

Ah, dang it. This is just so sad. Her poor mother!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Doctors are humans too. Fragile souls like most people. Covid must cause issues within the medical work..which cause stresses that have gone on for a long time and are life changing.

No doubt, but Dr. Saukin seems to be an empathetic, sensitive person. I seriously doubt she would intend any self-harm while on a walk with her own mom, or just vanish for whatever reason without contacting her loved ones.

There are a lot of unshared details in this. If she was with her mother and walked away or literally jogged away from her, it would be possible for her to be out of sight rather quickly. Her mother must be at least 60 years old or more and wouldn't be able to keep up. I think that is why helicopters were called out so quickly on day one to scan the shoreline of the lake.
I hold out hope that she jogged across the park, caught a taxi and took herself to a treatment center.
MOO MOO MOO

Well, I wondered about some time type of substance abuse issue. It is quite common within the medical profession.

She is a very gifted woman, Doctor and human being. Being unable to remain "perfect" is very hard; in fact down right impossible. For some, this perceived failure, may have been the impetus for whatever has transpired.

I am so sad for Tamara and her family. Here's hoping she did seek out help but if she was truly on a walk with her mother and intentionally bolted or fled I can't see this ending well.

MOO

I’m wondering if there was a slight miscommunication in the reporting-the last time anyone (her mom) saw her was on this walk, and she has not been seen since (vs her going missing DURING the walk itself) maybe the last time she was seen was in the parking lot as they said their goodbyes and were leaving. moo

I’m wondering if there was a slight miscommunication in the reporting-the last time anyone (her mom) saw her was on this walk, and she has not been seen since (vs her going missing DURING the walk itself) maybe the last time she was seen was in the parking lot as they said their goodbyes and were leaving. moo

I would be happy if this was the case! But I can’t get past the LE efforts being focused in the park and along the shoreline. I think her mom would have set the record straight if she thought that Tamara had gone missing on her way home or elsewhere.

My heart goes out to Tamara and her loved ones. I just keep hoping for the best.

I think if the park was the last place she was seen no matter what that they would definitely do searches there, even if they had parted ways, maybe she even opted to stay at the park after her mom left. I really cannot imagine her taking off while in the company of her mother? Unless they easily get into tiffs? lord knows when I’m in a fight I like to get away from the situation fast and calm my nerves.. moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back