UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
No proof of death that’s for sure but no proof or sign of life .This is also true,
If Claudia is alive she would have contacted at the very least just one member of her family surely bless her .

I wouldnt dismiss the sightings of her after her disappearance at Hartlepool Marina by a man who was convinced he saw her there and recognised her from when he lived in York, and then theres the private detective sighting of her in Amsterdam.
Wouldnt you like to know more about the details of these sighting.. I bet the family did, and were what they were told kept their hopes up that she was still alive at that stage anyway.

What did you make of the photo of the 2 females outside NH Heworth rd in Sept 2014 PJ?

I wouldnt dismiss the sightings of her after her disappearance at Hartlepool Marina by a man who was convinced he saw her there and recognised her from when he lived in York, and then theres the private detective sighting of her in Amsterdam.
Wouldnt you like to know more about the details of these sighting.. I bet the family did, and were what they were told kept their hopes up that she was still alive at that stage anyway.

What did you make of the photo of the 2 females outside NH Heworth rd in Sept 2014 PJ?
I’m not sure what to make of that photo perhaps a re-enacting of an altercation was being filmed but never saw the light of day ?
There is a huge resemblance .
Now with respect re sightings at the marina and Amsterdam: now if Claudia wanted to disappear she would wear a head scarf and sunglasses... women find it easy to disguise themselves .
Again if she was being kidnapped/ hidden they would have changed her appearance .
An other possibility was no longer with us but someone wanted people to believe she was alive and well !?

A joke ? I thought claudia wanted to get in shape, and often use bike with her friend jen to see the horses. Her bike was in the narrow kitchen said George Forman x Claudia Lawrence: Donal MacIntyre questions police investigation

interesting in that article DM says There are big gaps in the evidence but I believe the preponderance of evidence suggests that a stranger abducted Claudia on the Thursday morning as she walked to work.
He appears to have changed his mind in his tv documentry his conclusion was that she wasnt a victim of stranger danger, she wasnt abducted on her way to work or indeed from her own house. He believed she left her own home by her own volition with an overnite stay with a man with a complicated love life like her own.

Last edited:
No sorry x

I wonder if they male fingerprint was found on the bike?

Perhaps someone had been using it for it to be in the kitchen and not in the shed.
PAY-Picture-shows-an-aerial-view-of-the-house-of-missing-Claudia-Lawrence.jpg

nintchdbpict000302080889.jpg

Last edited:
Not posted for a while but still been reading the forums. Not participating more because it’s the same theories rehashed going round in circles. I did read the first half of the blog, link posted a few pages back and it did highlight some new things to me.

There was a police dog river search and apparently the dog identified CL scent going into the water but it wasn’t followed up. This was from an on-line source though so naturally verification and legitimacy is an issue.

Something I’d never heard of before is there was a red van following her after work which could have abducted her then but missed the opportunity so did it way to work next day?

The blog threw up new names and photos in which I’d never seen before, how did author come to know of those people?

Hi @Vixey
I recall there was a problem with the image of a woman walking through the uni grounds towards the camera being identified as CL when she was actually the figure in the distance walking from right to left. It went out across media etc then was retracted.
It can be seen on the video here labelled CL14 Biology 1 and police have circled the correct image.

18 March, 14:35 - 14:36 - Claudia walks through university campus - North Yorkshire Police

To my post two comments back the blog had detailed names and addresses of all involved - how was this info obtained. It did make me want to revisit York and check out these property addresses. Once covid allows of course.

Hi @Vixey
I recall there was a problem with the image of a woman walking through the uni grounds towards the camera being identified as CL when she was actually the figure in the distance walking from right to left. It went out across media etc then was retracted.
It can be seen on the video here labelled CL14 Biology 1 and police have circled the correct image.

18 March, 14:35 - 14:36 - Claudia walks through university campus - North Yorkshire Police
Thankyou yozzer x

Doesnt a coroners inquest require a body tho @Vixey?

A declaration of pesumed death doesnt..

Its all so open ended .. with no one getting any relevant details to important questions and thats the problem in keeping this case open.

If the family thought she was alive then surely they knew something about what happened around/after the disappearance that led them to believe that.

I know if the policeman who was heading the investigation came to me and said we believe your daughter is dead and then go on national tv an say they are treating the case as murder, I would have thrown every question in the book at him and want to know every detail of such a declaration.

Joan and Peter did not appear to have had a united front on some aspects of this case but on the subject of her still being alive they did.

So whatever police told them at the time in my opinion wasnt enough to convince them she was dead.

IMO
Dyor
I didn't know, even her father thinks, Claudia is still alive.

-.-.-
OT:
Recently Websleuths mails are coming in as spam. Do you have an advice for me for changing to normal?

A joke ? I thought claudia wanted to get in shape, and often use bike with her friend jen to see the horses. Her bike was in the narrow kitchen said George Forman x Claudia Lawrence: Donal MacIntyre questions police investigation
Re article; friends said she might have fallen asleep which makes sense if she did an all-nighter the night before the last one

-.-.-
OT:
Recently Websleuths mails are coming in as spam. Do you have an advice for me for changing to normal?
personally I’m not aware that ws send mail
.you just have to go on web Sleuths and follow the thread you want

In this interview in 2010 he was could be still alive he answered .. Its getting more difficult to believe that as time goes on, but I understand why the police changed it mainly to do with funding.
I always said todective inspector ray Galloway who was in charge at the time we are going on parrel lines you think shes dead and you want to find her I think shes alive and I want to find her but we are going the same way
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8641850/claudia-lawrence-disappearance-dad-peter/

So he's saying its getting more difficult he's not saying he accepts she is.

In my opinion the sticking point for the familiy is that evidence has not been presented to them that would convince them that CL is dead and as Peter says until they find out what happened to her its diffificult to accept this.
No doubt his faith and hope has been a source of comfort to him in what can only be described as a continuing living hell.

But that aside I have remind you that if they did accept this the case could be closed and case details could be made public..

Is it likely that the case will be closed in PL lifetime.. In my opinion its dabatable.

IMO
Dyor

Re article; friends said she might have fallen asleep which makes sense if she did an all-nighter the night before the last one

personally I’m not aware that ws send mail
.you just have to go on web Sleuths and follow the thread you want
When you start to watch a new thread it asks if you want email notifications or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304