Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller Co, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

NOV 22, 2020
Two-year remembrance for Kelsey Berreth comes days before accomplice in her murder could be let out of prison | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com
Kelsey Berreth was slight in stature but mighty enough to be one of a handful of female instructor pilots who trained Air Force Academy graduates in aircraft navigation.

[...]

She’d be sitting in the cockpit next to a large football player, and there was no doubt who was in charge, he said Sunday, at a remembrance vigil for Berreth.

“I saw them be intimidated by her,” Siebring said. “She was able to teach well but hold her own. She helped them go through their careers.”

[...]

“She showed up every day, professionally ready for the next mission,” Siebring said of Berreth, adding that she often prayed at her desk in preparation for her days in the stressful environment.

[...]

In addition to honoring Berreth's life, organizers also had another goal in mind: keep Frazee’s accomplice in prison.

[...]

Kenney’s chance to be let out of prison and enter a community corrections program is up again, with a hearing set for Wednesday. ...

[...]

Doss Aviation's crew of 80 flight instructors, who exclusively train academy airmen, performed a missing man formation flyover at a private ceremony they held last year for Berreth, whose body was never found.

[...]

An observation tower on the Doss Aviation site is now named after her.

[...]

“Kayleigh embraces all the beauty Kelsey was,” he said.

Video: NEWS | Kelsey Berreth Remembrance Vigil | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com

@Niner

In addition to honoring Berreth's life, organizers also had another goal in mind: keep Frazee’s accomplice in prison.

[...]

Kenney’s chance to be let out of prison and enter a community corrections program is up again, with a hearing set for Wednesday. ...
Well looks like we read that calendar right.
Let's pray that ironic timing is a bad omen for the accomplice

Ashley Franco

Her story reached audiences across the nation. Yesterday marked two years since Kelsey Berreth was killed. Her absence continues to leave a hole in the hearts of those closest to her.

We sat down with the team that fought for Kelsey and her family to talk about what they're feeling as the two-year mark passes.

(Short interview with D.A. Dan May and Lead Prosecutor, Jennifer Viehman)
Remembering Kelsey Berreth 2 years later

Last edited:
Two-year remembrance for Kelsey Berreth comes days before accomplice in her murder might be let out of prison

Nov 22, 2020

At the end of March, Kenney, a nurse from Idaho, was up for consideration to be moved from a women’s correctional facility in Denver to a halfway house. A judge denied the request.

Kenney’s chance to be let out of prison and enter a community corrections program is up again, with a hearing set for Wednesday. The timing, being so close to the anniversary of Berreth’s death, seems wrong, event organizers said.

“It’s a slap in the face to everyone,” said Deb Pepe Davis, who helped start a Facebook group, The Peoples Team for Justice for Kelsey Berreth.

An online petition calling for Kenney to be kept in prison had nearly 9,000 signatures from people around the world, which Shofstall was presented earlier this year to the governor’s office and correctional officials.

“When I was hanging up posters for this event, people were talking to me, and that’s probably the biggest thing I hear: that woman could have stopped it, but she didn’t,” Shofstall said of Kenney. “Nobody can wrap their head around it.”

I wasn't aware of the petition. Let's hope it continues to receive signatures and the governor's office very much aware of the sentiment of its residents. KK's life should never receive a break. Never.

NOV 22, 2020
Two-year remembrance for Kelsey Berreth comes days before accomplice in her murder could be let out of prison | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com
Kelsey Berreth was slight in stature but mighty enough to be one of a handful of female instructor pilots who trained Air Force Academy graduates in aircraft navigation.

[...]

She’d be sitting in the cockpit next to a large football player, and there was no doubt who was in charge, he said Sunday, at a remembrance vigil for Berreth.

“I saw them be intimidated by her,” Siebring said. “She was able to teach well but hold her own. She helped them go through their careers.”

[...]

“She showed up every day, professionally ready for the next mission,” Siebring said of Berreth, adding that she often prayed at her desk in preparation for her days in the stressful environment.

[...]

[...]

[...]

Doss Aviation's crew of 80 flight instructors, who exclusively train academy airmen, performed a missing man formation flyover at a private ceremony they held last year for Berreth, whose body was never found.

[...]

An observation tower on the Doss Aviation site is now named after her.

[...]

“Kayleigh embraces all the beauty Kelsey was,” he said.

Video: NEWS | Kelsey Berreth Remembrance Vigil | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com

@Niner
From the link above, I believe the reporter got Kayleigh's birthdate incorrect:

The 29-year-old mother kept a Bible on her desk along with a photo of her daughter, Kayleigh, who was nine months old when Frazee, the father of Kayleigh, killed Berreth on Thanksgiving Day. bbm

Wasn't Kayleigh born Oct 2017? I believe daughter was about thirteen months old when PF killed her mom KB.

ETA: add link confirming birth Oct 2017

Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial

In October 2017, they had a child named Kaylee. They were still living apart. Between the new baby, commuting to Pueblo for work and a new home, she was exhausted and it was "just not working well for her," Viehman said.

The 29-year-old mother kept a Bible on her desk along with a photo of her daughter, Kayleigh, who was nine months old when Frazee, the father of Kayleigh, killed Berreth on Thanksgiving Day. bbm

Wasn't Kayleigh born Oct 2017? I believe daughter was about thirteen months old when PF killed her mom KB.

In October 2017, they had a child named Kaylee. They were still living apart. Between the new baby, commuting to Pueblo for work and a new home, she was exhausted and it was "just not working well for her," Viehman said.

This article says Kaylee was 14 months old when Kelsey was murdered, so late September or early October birth sounds about right. She would have been 14 months (or almost) by Thanksgiving.

“At Kaylee’s first birthday party, Frazee joked about his threat to the nurse.”

“The plans to kill Berreth started in September 2018.”

I remember reading this last year and thinking - how sick. Kelsey was busy planning Kaylee’s party, while PF was trying to talk KK into going to see Kelsey and take a bat.

And when she wouldn’t, he did it himself.
Monster. He’s right where he should be.

Kelsey Berreth’s Daughter Kaylee Now: Where Is She in 2020? | Heavy.com

This article says Kaylee was 14 months old when Kelsey was murdered, so late September or early October birth sounds about right. She would have been 14 months (or almost) by Thanksgiving.

“At Kaylee’s first birthday party, Frazee joked about his threat to the nurse.”

“The plans to kill Berreth started in September 2018.”

I remember reading this last year and thinking - how sick. Kelsey was busy planning Kaylee’s party, while PF was trying to talk KK into going to see Kelsey and take a bat.

And when she wouldn’t, he did it himself.
Monster. He’s right where he should be.

Kelsey Berreth’s Daughter Kaylee Now: Where Is She in 2020? | Heavy.com
Thanks @steeltowngirl for confirming.

I also recall that KB's parents attended their granddaughter's first birthday, and Cheryl telling investigators that she noticed some of the new toys they had purchased for her birthday were missing from the home.

Reporter has now changed the news to read that Kaylee Jo was a toddler and not nine months.

The 29-year-old mother kept a Bible on her desk along with a photo of her daughter, Kaylee Jo, a toddler when Frazee, Kaylee's father, killed Berreth on Thanksgiving Day.

An online petition calling for Kenney to be kept in prison had nearly 9,000 signatures from people around the world, which Shofstall was presented earlier this year to the governor’s office and correctional officials.

I wasn't aware of the petition. Let's hope it continues to receive signatures and the governor's office very much aware of the sentiment of its residents. KK's life should never receive a break. Never.

I wanna sign it!

I wanna sign it!
From the news article, the reference leads to a private fb group but I did find an older youtube news report (Sam Kraemer) uploaded Oct 2020 but don't know if this is the same petition or not. Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Kelsey Berreth Case: The Petition Ladies

I wanna sign it!

Here’s a link to the petition referenced in the news article.

Keep Krystal Lee Kenney in prison
Sign the Petition

ETA: Another petition by the same group that was submitted to US Attorney Jason R. Dunn, District of Colorado Katherine Sullivan - Acting Director Federal Office of Violence Against Women

Send Kelsey Berreth’s Conspirators to Prison
Sign the Petition

Last edited:
Wednesday, Nov. 25th:
*Parole Hearing (@ 8am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) (32/now 34) charged (2/4/19) with tampering with physical evidence. Plead guilty. Sentenced to 3 years.
Court info from 2/19/19 thru 7/30/20 reference post #30 here:
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

9/8/20 Update: Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 2/1/21; Next Parole Hearing Date: Dec. 2020; This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month & year above. Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 8/1/22. Restitution hearing on 9/28/20.
10/9/20 Update: Estimated Parole eligibility date: 1/19/21; Next parole hearing Nov. 25, 2020. The offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda. Estimated mandatory release date: 7/19/22.
11/10/20 Update: Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 1/7/21; Next Parole Hearing Date: Nov. 25, 2020. Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 7/7/22.
*Patrick Michael Frazee –Trial: GUILTY on all counts. Sentenced to life without the possibility of parole plus 156 years, plus 5 years with parole for solicitation. Child: Termination of Parental Rights Hearing on 1/31/20. 1/6/20: Filed Notice for appeal on his sentence of life w/o parole.

Wednesday, Nov. 25th:
*Parole Hearing (@ 8am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) (32/now 34) charged (2/4/19) with tampering with physical evidence. Plead guilty. Sentenced to 3 years.
Court info from 2/19/19 thru 7/30/20 reference post #30 here:
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

9/8/20 Update: Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 2/1/21; Next Parole Hearing Date: Dec. 2020; This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month & year above. Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 8/1/22. Restitution hearing on 9/28/20.
10/9/20 Update: Estimated Parole eligibility date: 1/19/21; Next parole hearing Nov. 25, 2020. The offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda. Estimated mandatory release date: 7/19/22.
11/10/20 Update: Estimated Parole Eligibility Date: 1/7/21; Next Parole Hearing Date: Nov. 25, 2020. Estimated Mandatory Release Date: 7/7/22.
*Patrick Michael Frazee –Trial: GUILTY on all counts. Sentenced to life without the possibility of parole plus 156 years, plus 5 years with parole for solicitation. Child: Termination of Parental Rights Hearing on 1/31/20. 1/6/20: Filed Notice for appeal on his sentence of life w/o parole.

From the Offender Search Results:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Parole Hearings are subject to change. Parole Board scheduling is subject to change. Modifications made by the DOC will be available the following business day.

ALL PAROLE BOARD HEARINGS ARE OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND. PLEASE MAKE ADVANCE ARRANGEMENTS TO ATTEND THESE HEARINGS. FOR APPLICATION HEARINGS OR RESCISSION HEARINGS PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFENDER'S CASE MANAGER; FOR REVOCATION HEARINGS PLEASE CONTACT THE JAIL WHERE THE OFFENDER IS LOCATED.

_________

If the public is still allowed to attend the hearing, I'd sure like to know who is present at Wed's hearing!

I'm also curious about the duties of the offender's "case manager." Do they act as an advocate or are they a neutral, State DOC employee?

From the Offender Search Results:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Parole Hearings are subject to change. Parole Board scheduling is subject to change. Modifications made by the DOC will be available the following business day.

ALL PAROLE BOARD HEARINGS ARE OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND. PLEASE MAKE ADVANCE ARRANGEMENTS TO ATTEND THESE HEARINGS. FOR APPLICATION HEARINGS OR RESCISSION HEARINGS PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFENDER'S CASE MANAGER; FOR REVOCATION HEARINGS PLEASE CONTACT THE JAIL WHERE THE OFFENDER IS LOCATED.

_________

If the public is still allowed to attend the hearing, I'd sure like to know who is present at Wed's hearing!

I'm also curious about the duties of the offender's "case manager." Do they act as an advocate or are they a neutral, State DOC employee?

I wonder if the Berreth family will have a chance to provide input to the parole hearing.

It is absolutely heartbreaking that the Berreths have to entertain the thought of KK’s early release.

Adding insult to injury - the parole hearing for this accomplice being held on the eve of their daughter’s murder is abysmally cruel.

jmo

Lauren Scharf @LaurenScharfTV
3h

#KrystalLee had a parole hearing today and the parole board could decide by the end of TODAY if she will be allowed out of jail. Stay with @FOX21News for the latest. She is the mistress who helped #PatrickFrazee clean up the murder of #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1331639283430645760?s=21

Attachments

• F896C16B-027D-4DE8-81BA-80B88CE8E0B7.jpeg
    F896C16B-027D-4DE8-81BA-80B88CE8E0B7.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads