WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

Hugs, SAMS, and all the best to you, your daughter and your little granddaughter, and the other two children.

I want to preface this post by saying IANAD, and everything is jmo.

Re: level of exposure, this is interesting and I would be curious as to what @mickey2942 , @10ofRods and @dixiegirl1035 would say re: whether or not you should be quarantining, with masks and 3 feet. Some relevant aspects/ questions imo, if I may, was it indoors? How big is the room and what is the ventilation like? Any open windows, etc? What type of mask were you both wearing? Also importantly imo, how long was the contact?

One thing I will say, there is no doubt she was infectious at the time of your meeting, if she is positive, based on you saying she started getting ill/exhibiting symptoms that day.

As to the level of viral load, etc., hard to say but IMO, I would err on the side of caution wrt quarantining, especially if it was indoors with poor ventilation, and exposure was prolonged Jmo.
As for exact guidance on this, I would need to know how long the potential exposure was, ventilation aspects, mask type, etc. to further assess risk based on my opinion, etc. imo jmo IANAD, crosschecking of course with current guidance.

As for use of the shared bathroom, I think that’s a potential risk element as well, jmo, moo, for a few reasons, as they have been named as risky locations in some articles and would be considered a risky location imo especially if/since she may be positive.

To be clear, the term for you would be “quarantining”, not “isolating”, as the latter is used to describe covid positive persons. Quarantining is if you’ve been potentially exposed or identified as a contact.

Hang in there, hopefully all of you will have mild symptoms and/or be asymptomatic. Here for support.

My personal opinion is that @SAMS had a very low risk exposure. I don't think there's any way to completely rule out exposure, but given all we know, with a situation like that - if I were 5-6 days out from that exposure with no symptoms, I'd be relaxing my quarantine. We quarantine ourselves after each and every contact with a living, breathing human (even if we're all masked, even if we're 6 feet apart, even if there's plexiglass). But after 5 days, I feel as if I'd notice if I was starting to feel run down. DH would notice for sure. At 7 days, I would probably risk an outdoor, masked conversation with a family member - we keep all our conversations outdoors to about an hour, more if there's a good breeze.

The thing is, if the incident is enough to make you anxious, it's never good. It's your body trying to let you know that you should be attentive. I agree that the shared bathroom is the key area of possible risk. I know I sound weird, but both DH and I wear ski goggles when we go into an indoor venue, small or not. Aerosols and droplets exist in bathrooms, hence our extreme caution about public restrooms.

Omg, I just got a phone call. My 20 year old granddaughter, Kailee, tested positive and she was here last night. She’s a manager of n OnCue so I’m sure that’s how she got it. No no no no no no! Not my baby.
Oh COVID, how I hate your guts!

I just wanted to say that you really should have no worries about your darling granddaughter. Seriously. She may not feel well for a week, but the chances of her getting very ill (even flu-like ill) are very, very small.

Yes, she almost certainly got it at OnCue.

Try to rely on the science and not worry. Worrying is hard to resist. When this whole thing started, I think I spent 3 months in acute anxiety, relieved mostly by reading about COVID and being here on Websleuths. Worrying is not good for our own immune systems.

Please, please try to take each of the next 10 days as it comes, you'll be hearing good news from Kailee.

So, when did she test? Why don't people stay home from the time they test to the date they receive their results? It is a 2 day turn around here.

Hoping she will be okay, and more importantly, that you will be okay.
She had to pick up her dog. She tested yesterday and got the results at 9:30 last night when her doctor called her. I’ll be fine. I will. I will. I will. I will. It’s my husband that I worry about. Thanks.

I just wanted to say that you really should have no worries about your darling granddaughter. Seriously. She may not feel well for a week, but the chances of her getting very ill (even flu-like ill) are very, very small.

Yes, she almost certainly got it at OnCue.

Try to rely on the science and not worry. Worrying is hard to resist. When this whole thing started, I think I spent 3 months in acute anxiety, relieved mostly by reading about COVID and being here on Websleuths. Worrying is not good for our own immune systems.

Please, please try to take each of the next 10 days as it comes, you'll be hearing good news from Kailee.
upload_2020-11-24_18-33-0.jpeg

My DIL and grandson got sick Friday. Got positive results yesterday. I'm assuming my son and younger grandson have it now. My son's son and daughter are at their bio mom's until it's safe to go back to their dad's. I would appreciate any suggestions for cleaning the air in the house once they're recovered. They keep the house clean but it's a large 5 bedroom house. I'm wondering if a UV wand would help. There are several air purifiers with UV lights but I'm afraid it would take about 8 of them to cover the whole house.

She had to pick up her dog. She tested yesterday and got the results at 9:30 last night when her doctor called her. I’ll be fine. I will. I will. I will. I will. It’s my husband that I worry about. Thanks.

I hope you won't come down with it. I hope your hubby and relatives who are ill will recover quickly and easily. Look after yourselves!

My DIL and grandson got sick Friday. Got positive results yesterday. I'm assuming my son and younger grandson have it now. My son's son and daughter are at their bio mom's until it's safe to go back to their dad's. I would appreciate any suggestions for cleaning the air in the house once they're recovered. They keep the house clean but it's a large 5 bedroom house. I'm wondering if a UV wand would help. There are several air purifiers with UV lights but I'm afraid it would take about 8 of them to cover the whole house.

I'm no expert but I'd think that opening the windows to let plenty of air in (and flowing through) would be the best thing. And cleaning the linens in the washing machine, and wiping down the surfaces and handles that get touched a lot. You can't disinfect every single object in the house, and I don't think it should really be necessary to do that, it's not like anthrax or something where the spores can hang around and still be dangerous. So I'd focus more on the wet rooms like bathroom and kitchen surfaces, linens, handles and things that get touched a lot. But I wouldn't worry about things like ceilings or cupboards you only go into once every six months, unless you have the energy, desire, and motivation to do that, but I wouldn't go overboard out of panic.

JMO, and hopefully others will have thoughts and advice.

I hope all your loved ones will get better fast!

I'm no expert but I'd think that opening the windows to let plenty of air in (and flowing through) would be the best thing. And cleaning the linens in the washing machine, and wiping down the surfaces and handles that get touched a lot. You can't disinfect every single object in the house, and I don't think it should really be necessary to do that, it's not like anthrax or something where the spores can hang around and still be dangerous. So I'd focus more on the wet rooms like bathroom and kitchen surfaces, linens, handles and things that get touched a lot. But I wouldn't worry about things like ceilings or cupboards you only go into once every six months, unless you have the energy, desire, and motivation to do that, but I wouldn't go overboard out of panic.

JMO, and hopefully others will have thoughts and advice.

I hope all your loved ones will get better fast!

Sounds like good advice to me!

There have been several warnings about those UV wands. I think dilution is a better, safer and cheaper approach by moving (fresh) air through your home. If you are trying to "treat" the air - you need a sanuvox that will install into your HVAC system and even then, the air has to move thru the light system so it is not an instantaneous killing of virus.
UV Light Wands Are Supposed to Kill Viruses. But Do They Really Work?

All the best to everyone on here and their loved ones who have tested positive - we are all pulling for speedy recoveries and no complications. COVID is now considered uncontrolled spread everywhere in the US but Hawaii - stay safe out there.

Opening the windows might help and Clorox wipes on door knobs, faucets, bathrooms, etc. They won’t be able to see them for 14 days or perhaps more depending on symptoms. Hopefully your son’s son and daughter were not exposed also!
Maybe designate their rooms and bathroom as off limits?
Hoping everyone recovers quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back