WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

My DIL and grandson got sick Friday. Got positive results yesterday. I'm assuming my son and younger grandson have it now. My son's son and daughter are at their bio mom's until it's safe to go back to their dad's. I would appreciate any suggestions for cleaning the air in the house once they're recovered. They keep the house clean but it's a large 5 bedroom house. I'm wondering if a UV wand would help. There are several air purifiers with UV lights but I'm afraid it would take about 8 of them to cover the whole house.
I'm so sorry to hear about your family Tillicum. I agree with Amonet's advice. When those in the home have recovered, open the windows, wipe all solid surfaces with Clorox wipes. It might be best if those with the virus limit the number of rooms they go into. You might want to add vitamin D3 if they aren't already taking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear about your family Tillicum. I agree with Amonet's advice. When those in the home have recovered, open the windows, wipe all solid surfaces with Clorox wipes. It might be best if those with the virus limit the number of rooms they go into. You might want to add vitamin D3 if they aren't already taking it.
I have a combination Calcium 1000 mg, Magnesium 400 mg, Zinc 15 mg and Vitamin D3 15 mcg that I'm going to take to them. I'd prefer a higher dose of zinc but it's what I've got on hand without going into a store. IDK if it would be safe to double the other ingredients in order to get more zinc.

My granddaughter and other grandson went to their mom's house on Sunday. DIL and grandson started getting sick on Friday. Hopefully they weren't exposed. I checked in with them this morning. Granddaughter said they're okay, just sad :(

So while waiting for results, update. Daughter and kids are better, grandbabies running around playing and eating normally. (So a lot. LOL) So happy about that. I’m perplexed with my symptoms. Woke up without the feverish feeling, appetite better, slight headache off and on, not normal energy but I’m washing a few loads of clothes only today to make an attempt at some normalcy. Hubby is still fine, no symptoms and I’m lysoling and wiping surfaces like a mad woman, when needed. I have noticed I’m out of breath after moving around and that’s not a symptom I’ve seen until today. Overall I’m doing better though, I am hoping this is just a flu I contracted—wishful thinking. Thank you to all of you for your kindness and advice and prayers. There is no place like WS.

My granddaughter and other grandson went to their mom's house on Sunday. DIL and grandson started getting sick on Friday. Hopefully they weren't exposed. I checked in with them this morning. Granddaughter said they're okay, just sad :(
Awww I hate to hear the kids being affected by this disgusting virus. I am going to get on FaceTime with my grand-babies tomorrow morning to watch the Macy’s parade (still having it, just no crowd this year) and again next week to watch Xmas Specials. Not sure how old they are but anything to raise their spirits. With Thanksgiving being cancelled it’s tough on us all that have to. Comfort and prayers to you and yours.

So while waiting for results, update. Daughter and kids are better, grandbabies running around playing and eating normally. (So a lot. LOL) So happy about that. I’m perplexed with my symptoms. Woke up without the feverish feeling, appetite better, slight headache off and on, not normal energy but I’m washing a few loads of clothes only today to make an attempt at some normalcy. Hubby is still fine, no symptoms and I’m lysoling and wiping surfaces like a mad woman, when needed. I have noticed I’m out of breath after moving around and that’s not a symptom I’ve seen until today. Overall I’m doing better though, I am hoping this is just a flu I contracted—wishful thinking. Thank you to all of you for your kindness and advice and prayers. There is no place like WS.
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today Sams! I hope your right and it's just some passing bug and not Covid. When do you expect your results?

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today Sams! I hope your right and it's just some passing bug and not Covid. When do you expect your results?
It’s funny we went through one of the drive-thru testing centers, a nurse on my side of the car tested me and Mr SAMS on the other. They both told us two different time frames for results, so 3-5 or 4-6. Ha. My daughter got hers back in 3 so it’s a waiting game. I’ll keep everyone posted. Ty! I’m hoping so too.

Hang in there. We’re thinking of you.
How’s your hubby doing?
Thanks for asking. I’m grateful for everyone’s support. Thank you. How nice. He’s feeling better. He’s on his feet today and his fever is coming down. I don’t have a fever. I have a very productive cough. Really run down and tired. My nerve pain and circulation in my fingers is terrible. The tips burn and turn numb and white. Typing here helps my fingers get the circulation going. I have to worry so about blood clots and take blood thinners cause of those damn strokes. Sorry to go on and on. Stress intensifies my helplessness. I feel like we’re losing control and autonomy in our lives.

Hello, all. Happy Thanksgiving to those in the U.S.

I don't know what has been going on, but I have been having major problems trying to respond and to post on WS the last few days.

I a man sending up prayers and healing thoughts to all of you that are not feeling well and for your family members that are sick, too.

Hong Kong, thanks for asking about me. The main thing my family continues to struggle with is the fatigue. And my vision has still not returned to normal, so that has me very concerned and it is rather unnerving.

((Hugs)) all around for those posting in this thread. For those who are ill or have family members who are ill, prayers for healing. If you are observing Thanksgiving today, Happy Thanksgiving! If not, I hope you have a good day anyway. :)

There was a few days of separation if they went to their moms on Sunday and five days later DIL and grandson were feeling sick. So they get to quarantine also- hard on both households. :( Hope all will start to feel better soon. Bet it stresses you too. Hang in there.

Thinking of all who are sick or have family or friends ill this Thanksgiving. I'm checking in on this thread more often than the main thread, feeling a connection with all that take this evil virus seriously. Prayers and virtual hugs to you all.
May you have a restful and peaceful day. Hoping those that are sick heal quickly with no lasting effects and build an immunity. You may have more peace of mind than the rest of us once you're feeling better.

Peace and happiness to all this Thanksgiving day. I feel a bit somber and lonely. When I first woke up - I felt so strange. It didn’t feel like Thanksgiving. I felt so sad. I’ve walked around my home trying to figure out what to do. I just don’t know what to do with myself. I’m a little scared. I want to go home to Mama’s house. Will will all be able to go home someday? I want us to sit around the table. I don’t even mind the crazy family dynamics. The sister drama that sometimes goes down in a large multigenerational family is real. We all love each other. Geez, I sure do miss them. This 2020 Thanksgiving day ~ my home is here at Websleuths with all of you. I’m so grateful to be a part of this community. I feel better already just hanging out with y’all. I’ve always yearned to go back in time to be part of the Walton family. Happy Thanksgiving y’all.

Peace and happiness to all this Thanksgiving day. I feel a bit somber and lonely. When I first woke up - I felt so strange. It didn’t feel like Thanksgiving. I felt so sad. I’ve walked around my home trying to figure out what to do. I just don’t know what to do with myself. I’m a little scared. I want to go home to Mama’s house. Will will all be able to go home someday? I want us to sit around the table. I don’t even mind the crazy family dynamics. The sister drama that sometimes goes down in a large multigenerational family is real. We all love each other. Geez, I sure do miss them. This 2020 Thanksgiving day ~ my home is here at Websleuths with all of you. I’m so grateful to be a part of this community. I feel better already just hanging out with y’all. I’ve always yearned to go back in time to be part of the Walton family. Happy Thanksgiving y’all.
Happy Turkey Day @imstilla.grandma and all of you. I received a text (quick turn around) from my provider, with a negative COVID test result, Mr. SAMS too. RELIEVED. But I’m still not feeling 100%, a bit fatigued. Flu? Cold? Who knows. I’ll retest in a few weeks, but overall much better and grateful. Nonetheless, I feel all of this grandma. Went to sleep last night without prepping food, no family here for festivities today. Daughter and grand-babies still doing pretty good so I’m praying it stays that way.
It’s a tough one for so many of us, but let’s go forward hoping for a healthier XMAS holiday and an immunization for this horrible virus to be approved & released ASAP. If we can find any solace in this day let it be that we are going to hug each other harder, love one another less judgmentally-with forgiveness, appreciation and joy. I am grateful for this platform too, y’all made it easier for me to get thru the last few days and the coming days too. Happy Thanksgiving to those of you that celebrate and for those that don’t, have a blessed day! xoxo

ETA: Hang in there! We will all get thru this together @imstilla.grandma !

Happy Turkey Day @imstilla.grandma and all of you. I received a text (quick turn around) from my provider, with a negative COVID test result, Mr. SAMS too. RELIEVED. But I’m still not feeling 100%, a bit fatigued. Flu? Cold? Who knows. I’ll retest in a few weeks, but overall much better and grateful. Nonetheless, I feel all of this grandma. Went to sleep last night without prepping food, no family here for festivities today. Daughter and grand-babies still doing pretty good so I’m praying it stays that way.
It’s a tough one for so many of us, but let’s go forward hoping for a healthier XMAS holiday and an immunization for this horrible virus to be approved & released ASAP. If we can find any solace in this day let it be that we are going to hug each other harder, love one another less judgmentally-with forgiveness, appreciation and joy. I am grateful for this platform too, y’all made it easier for me to get thru the last few days and the coming days too. Happy Thanksgiving to those of you that celebrate and for those that don’t, have a blessed day! xoxo

ETA: Hang in there! We will all get thru this together @imstilla.grandma !
Thank you for breaking through my clouds. Yes. We all will get through this. Together.
upload_2020-11-26_13-7-6.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288