Found Deceased NY - Dr. Tamara Saukin, 44, Staten Island, 18 Nov 2020

More thoughts on where she could be.
If she had some sort of mental break and just went out the other side of the park and kept walking, she could be on the streets almost anywhere. Her bright pink shoes and mostly like an expensive looking jacket would make her stand out. But, on the other hand, there are so many homeless souls now who frequent soup kitchens that her tall, gaunt figure (5'10' and 130 lbs.) would help her blend in particularly if she is dirty and disheveled.
I can't think that she is staying with a friend somewhere, without that friend knowing of the search going on. That theory works for me only if she has gone toward the west coast or quite a distance away where this is not news.

Has any CCTV or security camera been checked for the SI Ferry ??? IIRC it runs every hour and there is alot of public transportation that could get her to the ferry terminal...hopefully access has been gained to her financial records so she could be tracked.....what did her mother say when interviewed ? Sending prayers to this dear soul and her family

Has any CCTV or security camera been checked for the SI Ferry ??? IIRC it runs every hour and there is alot of public transportation that could get her to the ferry terminal...hopefully access has been gained to her financial records so she could be tracked.....what did her mother say when interviewed ? Sending prayers to this dear soul and her family
Her family has chosen not to give any interviews, last check, a few days ago.
It's pretty routine that LE will have gained access to all her accounts and social media at this stage.
They obviously came up empty though so it's safe to assume there has been no activity.
They will also have any CCTV or traffic camera footage available, still no clues...
week has passed, the lake is not deep and I imagine they will have checked all the forested areas by now too.
I'm sending prayers too, that she is warm and safe.

So no word on her car? was It found in the parking lot? did her mother just leave her there, is she close to her house or a bus line?

Unfortunately, plenty of people take their life in water, I have found this out since joining websleuths and it completely blows my mind, it seems really instinctively difficult, but I think it would be much easier while impaired, as we've seen so many tragedies of drunk people winding up in water. very sad phenomena that we're drawn to water.
I am not saying this is what she did, but its not altogether unfathomable (ask me 5 years ago and I wouldn't have agreed)

I unfortunately believe she took her own life. As stated before, she was suffering from depression and would take morning walks with different family members. This to me means that her depression could have been really well known in her family and they were tightening their support of her to see her every day.
Would be interesting to hear from her mother what her feelings leading up to that day had been, and if there seemed to be any mood changes on the day they were taking the walk...

seeing months of a downward spiral, I have to to think that her disappearance is connected to all of the changes in her life.
all moo

More thoughts on where she could be.
If she had some sort of mental break and just went out the other side of the park and kept walking, she could be on the streets almost anywhere. Her bright pink shoes and mostly like an expensive looking jacket would make her stand out. But, on the other hand, there are so many homeless souls now who frequent soup kitchens that her tall, gaunt figure (5'10' and 130 lbs.) would help her blend in particularly if she is dirty and disheveled.
I can't think that she is staying with a friend somewhere, without that friend knowing of the search going on. That theory works for me only if she has gone toward the west coast or quite a distance away where this is not news.

RBBM

I don't think she's anywhere near that park quite frankly but I have been wrong before and I agree, she could be anywhere and I thought that a couple of days ago.

It appears that her family has been there for her. I don't think she'd just take off and go to treatment without telling them. I don't get that sense at all.

MOO

So no word on her car? was It found in the parking lot? did her mother just leave her there, is she close to her house or a bus line?

Unfortunately, plenty of people take their life in water, I have found this out since joining websleuths and it completely blows my mind, it seems really instinctively difficult, but I think it would be much easier while impaired, as we've seen so many tragedies of drunk people winding up in water. very sad phenomena that we're drawn to water.
I am not saying this is what she did, but its not altogether unfathomable (ask me 5 years ago and I wouldn't have agreed)

I unfortunately believe she took her own life. As stated before, she was suffering from depression and would take morning walks with different family members. This to me means that her depression could have been really well known in her family and they were tightening their support of her to see her every day.
Would be interesting to hear from her mother what her feelings leading up to that day had been, and if there seemed to be any mood changes on the day they were taking the walk...

seeing months of a downward spiral, I have to to think that her disappearance is connected to all of the changes in her life.
all moo
I'm assuming she travelled to park with her mother. Only one car was mentioned in the article.
Her mother returned to the car, she continued walking.
Also, it was 6.30am and that 'lake' doesn't appear deep enough to swim in, let alone drown.
She was a competent athlete, more than likely she could swim.
Depression and alcoholism go hand in hand. It was the NYpost rag that reported a history of alcoholism but it could well have referred to several years preceding her vanishing.

The other option for common suicide in that park appears to be the forested areas, hanging. They have had a full week to check all trees.

As we have no information from her next of kin, let's hope for the best.

Unfortunately I too believe she may have taken her own life based on the facts we have been given: practice closed, alcoholism, family walking with her daily, and yes, alcoholism and depression go hand in hand. I looked at a map of the park and see that the Verrazano-Narrows bridge is an hour walk, 45 minute bus ride, or five minute drive from Cloves State Park. I am hoping they looked there, but unfortunately many bridge jumpers have never been found. The bridge appears to be a common method of suicide, especially during the pandemic.

Body of man who jumped from Verrazano recovered, source says; car had TLC plates
“alarming spate of suicides and attempts on the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge during the coronavirus pandemic”

While of course it would be wonderful if she is voluntarily missing and found safe, I do not think this will be the case. My prayers are with her family that she is found.

If she were to have checked herself into a healthcare treatment facility of any type (rehab/pain/depression/etc), would they be allowed to let the police know so they can call off a search? Honest question.
Yes, there are exceptions to the disclosure rules that are specific to LE investigations. See BBM. MOO

45 CFR § 164.512 - Uses and disclosures for which an authorization or opportunity to agree or object is not required. | CFR | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
[...]

(2) Permitted disclosures: Limited information for identification and location purposes. Except for disclosures required by law as permitted by paragraph (f)(1) of this section, a covered entity may disclose protected health information in response to a law enforcement official's request for such information for the purpose of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person, provided that:

(i) The covered entity may disclose only the following information:

(A) Name and address;

(B) Date and place of birth;

(C) Social security number;

(D) ABO blood type and rh factor;

(E) Type of injury;

(F) Date and time of treatment;

(G) Date and time of death, if applicable; and

(H) A description of distinguishing physical characteristics, including height, weight, gender, race, hair and eye color, presence or absence of facial hair (beard or moustache), scars, and tattoos.

[...]

Unfortunately I too believe she may have taken her own life based on the facts we have been given: practice closed, alcoholism, family walking with her daily, and yes, alcoholism and depression go hand in hand. I looked at a map of the park and see that the Verrazano-Narrows bridge is an hour walk, 45 minute bus ride, or five minute drive from Cloves State Park. I am hoping they looked there, but unfortunately many bridge jumpers have never been found. The bridge appears to be a common method of suicide, especially during the pandemic.

Body of man who jumped from Verrazano recovered, source says; car had TLC plates
“alarming spate of suicides and attempts on the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge during the coronavirus pandemic”

While of course it would be wonderful if she is voluntarily missing and found safe, I do not think this will be the case. My prayers are with her family that she is found.

The bridge was the first thing I thought of when I saw it was Staten Island and that she was depressed, gave up her license.
Unfortunately.
I hope I'm wrong too.

I'm assuming she travelled to park with her mother. Only one car was mentioned in the article.
Her mother returned to the car, she continued walking.
Also, it was 6.30am and that 'lake' doesn't appear deep enough to swim in, let alone drown.
She was a competent athlete, more than likely she could swim.
Depression and alcoholism go hand in hand. It was the NYpost rag that reported a history of alcoholism but it could well have referred to several years preceding her vanishing.

The other option for common suicide in that park appears to be the forested areas, hanging. They have had a full week to check all trees.

As we have no information from her next of kin, let's hope for the best.
BBM

Which lake? I see three on the map - Brooks Lake, Martling Lake, and Clove Lake. Clove Lakes Park - Google Maps

I wonder if her own home, attic, basement, back yard or tool shed, have been carefully searched.
She may have been on medication for her depression or difficulty sleeping that she may have taken too much of.
It hasn't been reported that any of her clothing has been found, because that bubble jacket that she was wearing would make it difficult for her to submerge and stay submerged long enough. MOO MOO MOO

The one they were walking in yesterday
https://twitter.com/NYPDSpecialops/status/1331367360436064257?s=20
I've not checked depth of the other two.
Because I imagine she is also an accomplished swimmer.
Thank you for the link. I looked at that yesterday and am still wondering which of the three bodies of water that is. My guess is Clove Lake. ?

FTR, I am not set on any one theory but at this point I can't discount accident or self-harm, based on her swimming ability or even the depth of the water, for a couple of reasons. Shallow water blackout for one; personal experience for another... MOO

When great swimmers drown | TODAY.com
This phenomenon is called “shallow water blackout,” and it occurs often with experienced swimmers during breath-holding exercises or times in which they enter the water after “hyperventilating” (breathing rapidly and reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the body to abnormally low levels, which can interfere with the brain’s signals to the body to take a breath). It happens to free divers, to children having breath-holding contests, and, especially, to competitive swimmers in training.

Last edited:
Thank you for the link. I looked at that yesterday and am still wondering which of the three bodies of water that is. My guess is Clove Lake. ?

FTR, I am not set on any one theory but at this point, I can't discount accident or self-harm, based on her swimming ability or even the depth of the water, for a couple of reasons. Shallow water blackout for one; personal experience for another... MOO

When great swimmers drown | TODAY.com
This phenomenon is called “shallow water blackout,” and it occurs often with experienced swimmers during breath-holding exercises or times in which they enter the water after “hyperventilating” (breathing rapidly and reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the body to abnormally low levels, which can interfere with the brain’s signals to the body to take a breath). It happens to free divers, to children having breath-holding contests, and, especially, to competitive swimmers in training.
Thanks for that link.
I remember seeing a study of violent suicides as opposed to gentle suicides.
It appeared to conclude that they varied greatly.
it was in the wake of a friend driving her car off a pier during high tide. (She had been in severe orthopaedic pain for some time)
I can se violence in bridge jumping too, even for competent swimmers, shock etc..
But if the drowning in your article can be classified as a gentle suicide, she had much easier ways to go..

I'm just hoping she's holed up with a friend, if she's drinking, she'll get sober eventually, that's fixable.
But we're working with absolutely no information about her mental state , apart from NYPost which I dont trust for accuracy.
I still have hope for her, maybe because I believe it makes a difference. So I'm wrapping her in warm filigree angel blankets and sending every angel and Archangel I can think of to rescue her, whether she is alive or dead.

I'm originally from Staten Island and have a few thoughts. The Verrazzano Bridge would be difficult to access on foot without being seen. There are cameras along the expressway and upon entry to the bridge. In addition, there is a lot of traffic and someone walking on the expressway or bridge would be be highly unusual. It's a major NYC thoroughfare. I think that passing motorists would have called the police. An unattended car would would also not go unnoticed. There is an additional body of water that is near Clove Lakes Park, called Silver Lake. It is a reservoir that is walkable from Clove Lakes.

BBM

Which lake? I see three on the map - Brooks Lake, Martling Lake, and Clove Lake. Clove Lakes Park - Google Maps

there are 3 lakes, like you said.

Staten Island is, well, an island. So if she left SI by car, there’d be toll records. If she was at a bar on SI, someone would have heard about it thru the grapevine at the very least. Maybe my point of view is biased because I grew up in Jersey right off SI, but I truly don’t believe for a second that she’s hiding out on SI undetected. Unfortunately, I think the signs point to her taking her own life. Jmo

I live 1 block away from clove lakes park. This is an extremely low crime area so i very much doubt that foul play was involved. My assumption from the information given so far is that it is a suicide that took place somewhere other than the park or a very intricate runaway. The issue with that and why the police have been looking so hard in the park is the extensive network of cameras that surround the area. It would be very hard to leave the park without being seen on a camera somewhere. I'm not saying that it could not be done but it would have to be planed and very thorough. With that being said and with a suicide or runaway being the most likely scenario something has been bothering me for the past 2 days. What a lot of people don't know about the park is that it is host to caves and sink holes. The serpentine stone that makes up the ridge overlooking the lake has several caves in it. They are referred to as the Indian caves. A long time ago the entrances where covered with stone because they where considered dangerous. Not only for the gasses in the caves but also for the loose nature of the serpentine stone that makes up the caves. I know this because I have been up there many times walking my dog and know exactly where they are. The issue is that they are in the same area where Ms Saukin was last seen. If you are interested and want to look on google maps they are located right behind the single baseball field by the corner of Royal Oak Rd and Victory Blvd. Ms Saukins last known location was Victory Blvd and Clove Rd. Now if she had decided to walk home through the park it would have taken her right into this area. In the last few weeks we have had a lot of rain here and sometimes mother nature can be a real you know what. This is not the first time that something like this has happened. Kid goes out into the woods falls down an old well and is never found or is found years latter after some poor sap has been convicted of murder. As i write this i can hear the helicopters flying over the park. But there infrared cameras will not work if she is under ground. Dogs are good but the park is very traveled and to pick up a sent underground is difficult. The scuba divers in the lakes. Well those lakes are very small and unless weighted a body will float. I'm just thinking outside of the box here and using my knowledge of the area. When a person has gone missing and has seamed to have been swallowed up by the earth. That is exactly what has happened. The issue is that I don't think anyone even the police are aware of those caves in there search. Only a very few long time locals would know about it.
My honest opinion is that she was able to get out of the park undetected by cameras and either committed suicide somewhere else or ran off. I really hope that she ran away and will end up having a beautiful life somewhere. As for the crime aspect of this. If that is the case then the police have really dropped the ball here. The only time i can remember there ever being a murder in the park was mob related. The body was dumped there as an example to some other mobsters and not some random act of violence. This is a very safe park other then some teenagers screwing around. A place where you would let your children walk at night.
Considering that I am very close to this. I will update. Will also notify the authorities about the possibility that i spoke about above. Hope it all turns out alright.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back