Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having difficulty with the idea that he is intentionally missing, either to go elsewhere or self harm, just when family is there visiting and a work meeting is coming up.
Wouldn't you give yourself a longer window of time before the searching for you would start?
I know how irrational depression can be yet "voluntarily" just doesn't fit this one, IMO.
BBM I agree. I don’t know what happened to Alan but I don’t believe this is a self-harm situation. Also, I think LE upgraded the status to “endangered missing person” primarily because he’s been missing since October 22. In addition, I think the family probably voiced some concerns about the lack of activity on this case and applied some needed pressure. MOO

I'm having difficulty with the idea that he is intentionally missing, either to go elsewhere or self harm, just when family is there visiting and a work meeting is coming up.
Wouldn't you give yourself a longer window of time before the searching for you would start?
I know how irrational depression can be yet "voluntarily" just doesn't fit this one, IMO.

I agree, given everything his niece said about him and the kind of person he is, as well as being at AW's for the wedding preparations, there just seems to be no way he'd pick that morning to up and vanish, commit suicide or do any other thing that would darken or derail his niece's wedding.

First, my prayers to Alan's husband, extended family, and friends; I can only imagine the anxiety they are experiencing.

With the little info we have, I'll share my three theories in order of least likely to what I consider most likely. (1=least likely, 3= most likely)

1. Work related. A recent audit was going to reveal damaging information
2. Car jacking. Vin and registration should be carefully flagged to observe if there is an attempt to reregister the vehicle; likely in another state
3. Had car accident and car is hidden down an embankment; covered by foliage/weeds, etc.

I think #3 is most likely

Amateur opinion and speculation

BBM -
This is the only reason I think it's possible that they have a suspect or POI in sight, or have a good idea about what happened to him (self harm/voluntarily missing, etc). Otherwise don't you think there would be some kind of plea to the public?? Not sure I've ever seen a case like this where so little is shared PLUS no FB group, no public searches, no vigils, no appeals for help from LE and so little from the husband.
Agree !!!

Thank you so much Wary; very much appreciated!
I guess it goes with any missing person case, but the comments on the news article were so obnoxious and offensive. I leave it to the karma gods to handle all that. Now back to Mr. White.

There is nothing that I can find on him that would suggest he would take off on his own volition, or would have been seeking entertainment outside his marriage. Everything I find on him suggests a solid citizen, an accomplished professional, and a great guy.
I know my amateur speculation that he might have met with foul play as a result of uncovering some significant fraud sounds like fodder for a made-for-tv movie, but it should absolutely be looked in to. It's a stretch, a big stretch....but you never know.

First, my prayers to Alan's husband, extended family, and friends; I can only imagine the anxiety they are experiencing.

With the little info we have, I'll share my three theories in order of least likely to what I consider most likely. (1=least likely, 3= most likely)

1. Work related. A recent audit was going to reveal damaging information
2. Car jacking. Vin and registration should be carefully flagged to observe if there is an attempt to reregister the vehicle; likely in another state
3. Had car accident and car is hidden down an embankment; covered by foliage/weeds, etc.

I think #3 is most likely

Also, his job is not auditing. He provides tech consulting.

Also, his job is not auditing. He provides tech consulting.

Thank you for correcting that misconception, below is his bio from Linkedin-
  • J. Alan White
  • Managing Director - CIO Advisory at KPMG US - Dallas, Texas, United States
About
Known as a natural leader, I thrive on being a part of leading-edge initiatives in consulting business development and program management.

I am a persuasive consultant in healthcare and retail enterprise transformation who uses cloud technology and analytics to create solutions which balance delivery for a client with responsibility to the firm.

Skilled at translating client requirements into contractual documents, I create collaborative environments where clients and team members come together to provide comprehensive solutions.

Personable and open-minded, I produce results by engaging others to deliver “best-in-class” outcomes. I have a calming influence, especially in challenging situations, and colleagues appreciate my ability to effectively develop a plan and drive it to conclusion.

**SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS**
Extensive business development leadership spanning over 20 years
Skilled in contract development and negotiation, from initial requirements to client signature
Successfully delivered over 30 complex engagements, each in excess of $5M
Digital transformation leadership guiding Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Retail organizations
Authored numerous intellectual property and thought leadership collateral
Developed data strategy and technical assessment offering for Healthcare and Life Sciences
Committed to mentoring and team building, both formal and informal

Business Development
Executive Customer Relationships
Innovative Solutions
Contract Development & Negotiation
Client Business Performance Improvement
Consulting Project Optimization
Practice Development and Mentoring
Analytical Acumen
Cross-Organizational Leader
Experience-based Judgement

**TECHNOLOGY PROFILE**
Application Outsource Management
Cloud, e-Commerce, & Mobile
Custom Development
Waterfall & Agile Application Development & Delivery Methodologies

**CERTIFICATIONS**
Project Management Professional (PMP)
IBM Certified Executive Project Manager
HIPAA Certification
https://www.linkedin.com/in/j-alan-white/

Thank you darring21. Well folks, there go my theories....
Let me dwell on this. I just don't see this fellow walking off.

Followed from the beginning, researched intently and I wholeheartedly agree. He isn’t walking off. Information is missing.

Still not in Texas missing persons clearinghouse either. Hope DPD is on this.

Now this is VERY interesting. What can this mean? Which family? Could they have relayed new info obtained by PI?
BBM

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/
“Detectives are actively investigating all workable leads into the report of Mr. White,” police said in a statement. “Detectives are also actively communicating with Mr. White’s family.”

A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.

———————-

This is the statement they linked.

Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Maybe LE found some type of evidence which required them to go to the family for verification/explanation? (i.e. Do you think the person in this grainy security cam footage resembles an acquaintance of Alan's? or Alan, himself? Does this street address look familiar?).

I continue to think LE and/or family has a little more information that has not been shared publicly. I don't think there was intentional self-harm, though.

'Just guessing.

Maybe LE found some type of evidence which required them to go to the family for verification/explanation? (i.e. Do you think the person in this grainy security cam footage resembles an acquaintance of Alan's? or Alan, himself? Does this street address look familiar?).

I continue to think LE and/or family has a little more information that has not been shared publicly. I don't think there was intentional self-harm, though.

'Just guessing.
Do you think it is notable they said “family” rather than “husband”?

Wouldn't his husband be his closest family member?
Yes. I agree. When LE says family, I’m assuming they mean the husband. MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

One interview I saw was with the husband and Alan’s mother. <modsnip> The husband, brother and mother, have all spoken publicly.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This post lands at random.

Websleuths 101 folks !!

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

But ... members know this by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member