Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Chlorine work the same way as bleach?

Well, chlorine is bactericidal, so, yes. But it is a gas. It is heavier than oxygen, so it would probably be felt in the lower part of the house. But the smell of bleach (I think) is the warning, related to chlorine. I honestly thought that HCl (that one could get out of bleach - you need a lot, though) could be used to dissolve a body, but no. Stronger acids are needed. So I dropped the idea of mixing bleach with anything after that.
Ironically, I read that chlorine is used to clean bicycles. I don’t know what to make out of it.

Last edited:
I happened to catch an episode of Forensics Files last night where they found biological evidence in a sink trap. There was also mention of using bleach to destroy evidence in a sink trap. This would also extend to tub and shower drain P or U traps. Could our favorite actor know this?

I happened to catch an episode of Forensics Files last night where they found biological evidence in a sink trap. There was also mention of using bleach to destroy evidence in a sink trap. This would also extend to tub and shower drain P or U traps. Could our favorite actor know this?
If he didn't know it then, he probably does now. :D

IMO he returned home to some missing plumbing when LE was done processing the house.

Sheriff John Spezze stated, while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation.

This was before bleach this was before concrete was dug up.
lavender bolding mine.
Exactly.

LE knew they didn't have a voluntary missing or a bike accident; possibly within hours of arriving at the residence and before or shortly after questioning BM.
I mention "questioning" as I don't think BM was very forthcoming in answering LE's questions (Other than giving his own version of events) .
Imo.

lavender bolding mine.
Exactly.

LE knew they didn't have a voluntary missing or a bike accident; possibly within hours of arriving at the residence and before or shortly after questioning BM.
I mention "questioning" as I don't think BM was very forthcoming in answering LE's questions (Other than giving his own version of events) .
Imo.
Yes. MOO
On Wednesday morning, 5/13 the ChCSO explicitly stated it was a criminal investigation.
Working backwards:
Sunday night, interviews, putting together pieces, Monday assigning teams and reviewing information, seeking subpeonas starting warrants, Tuesday deciding on and allocating external resources and a public statement, Wednesday morning a public statement.

Always strange to me that there was not a public request for anyone seeing ANY vehicle in the area. Not just a strange vehicle, but any vehicle remembered.
Perhaps there is video of Hwy 50 south and north of Hwy 225.

Yes. MOO
On Wednesday morning, 5/13 the ChCSO explicitly stated it was a criminal investigation.
Working backwards:
Sunday night, interviews, putting together pieces, Monday assigning teams and reviewing information, seeking subpeonas starting warrants, Tuesday deciding on and allocating external resources and a public statement, Wednesday morning a public statement.

Always strange to me that there was not a public request for anyone seeing ANY vehicle in the area. Not just a strange vehicle, but any vehicle remembered.
Perhaps there is video of Hwy 50 south and north of Hwy 225.
Gosh!
Was there no public request?

Gosh!
Nope. Which was the first clue that this was not a suspected kidnapping, but rather, a homicide investigation with a suspect.

They didn’t ask for reports about suspicious vehicles, nor did they put out an official missing persons flyer with a physical description of Suzanne (like we see when an abduction is a possibility).

Something must have told them early on what they were dealing with.

Gosh!

This was the CCSO first press release about SM being reported missing: Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

No BOLO at all, no request to the public.

This was the second one, 2 days later when they already had numerous outside agencies on board, and already had the house on PP locked down (BM was not allowed in when he arrived from Broomfield, so they locked it up tight, immediately):
Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

The only request from the CCSO to the public was to call the tip line if you have info.

The only thing that makes sense is, once they arrived on site, they already suspected what most of us do, and they had no reason really, to ask the public anything because they knew the public wasn't going to be of any assistance. They saw or heard or found (or all of the above) something, by the end of the evening on Sunday, Mother's Day, to know they had a criminal investigation on their hands (as Spezze made clear).

And, all of that is entirely jmo.

This was the CCSO first press release about SM being reported missing: Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

No BOLO at all, no request to the public.

This was the second one, 2 days later when they already had numerous outside agencies on board, and already had the house on PP locked down (BM was not allowed in when he arrived from Broomfield, so they locked it up tight, immediately):
Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

The only request from the CCSO to the public was to call the tip line if you have info.

The only thing that makes sense is, once they arrived on site, they already suspected what most of us do, and they had no reason really, to ask the public anything because they knew the public wasn't going to be of any assistance. They saw or heard or found (or all of the above) something, by the end of the evening on Sunday, Mother's Day, to know they had a criminal investigation on their hands (as Spezze made clear).

And, all of that is entirely jmo.

This makes a lot of sense.

Remains Found in Landfills? Mistakes?
If he studied KB-case, he would know: landfills are safe.
@FromGermany Yes, BM may have followed and learned from Patrick Frazee's murder of Kelsey Berreth. In that case, LE's extensive landfill search did not locate KB's remains or other significant evd there.

In several homicide cases I recall, LE retrieved a body or body parts from a landfill, sufficient to put perp in the slammer for a lllooonnnggg stretch. In learning one lesson (putting remains in landfill) to evade a homicide charge, a perp may overlook a couple other points leading LE to his doorstep and eventually to his new, cozy accommodations in the hoosegow.

One case happened in, guess where, Colorado! A Grand Junction, CO. married woman & her 6 yo daughter disappeared suddenly & unexpectedly in Nov. 2001. LE found the woman's body in landfill in June 2002, but not dau, presumed dead. Murder 1 conviction. Timeline Of Events: Michael Blagg Murder Trials Feb. 1018. Offhand I don't remember enough info to search & link other landfill cases.

My wild guess is they may lack physical evidence that she is deceased. Conversely, it’s reasonable to believe she’s gone: no contact, no access to financial assets, no signs that she left voluntarily. So they can prove the negative - no sign of life = presumed death.

They still need to prove that she died via homicide (how), on or about a certain date (when), in a particular jurisdiction (where), and by a specific person or persons (who).

I believe it will be a circumstantial no-body case, and although a motive is not legally necessary, it will help explain the reason for the murder.

LE is getting there - gathering the pieces and “filling the envelope”. They have to get it right. As posters have been reiterating, prosecution gets “one bite of the apple.”

The new DA takes office in January, and she has already stated that she will be looking into pending cases. She has also said she doesn’t believe things need to be tied up perfectly in a bow in order to proceed, and for some victims the only justice is the trial itself.

I think we will see movement on this case in early 2021. It will happen.

And I look forward to seeing someone in pink handcuffs.

jmo

BAM! as @Warwick7 would say! Great post @steeltowngirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla