Found Deceased Sweden - Deniz Arda, 31, Sergeant Major, Stockholm, 13 November 2020

Reaction score
Deniz Arda, a Sergeant Major in the Swedish Army is missing after having told friends that he was going for a run among Sörmlandsleden, a 1,000 kilometer long walking trail south of Stockholm.
He was supposed to go to the north of Sweden for a military exercise camp some days later, and was reported missing. About 400 volunteer militaries have been searching for him.
The police have classified it as a possible abduction, for a more extensive search.
Polisen går ut med namn och bild på försvunne Deniz
Här är sista bilderna på Deniz Arda, 31 – polisen utreder människorov
Brodern berättar om Deniz, 31, försvinnande: ”Overkligt”

Ny stor insats efter försvunne Deniz Arda – inga fysiska spår

Looks like there will be a search tomorrow, and they are calling for people to come out and help.

From the article:

"Imren does not think that Deniz himself would choose to disappear.

- I judge it as if the probability is low that he should have disappeared intentionally. In any case, he has planned to disappear intentionally, I do not think so. I do not think it was intentional unplanned either, he says.

This week, the police chose to start a criminal investigation into kidnapping.

- I do not think it's about kidnapping. But I can not rule it out, says Imren Arda."

*more at link with Google Translate.

Mysteriet om försvunne Deniz – 30 000 söktimmar

Published 9 Jan 2021 at 16.56, updated 10 Jan at 08.57

He left his home on Södermalm sometime on Friday the 13th or Saturday the 14th of November after telling his brother that he was going for a run - but he never came back.
The involvement in the search for Deniz has continued during the Christmas holidays. Just before Christmas, Missing people searched at Årstaviken in southern Stockholm and the police carried out a dive after a dog had marked - but without finding anything.

Deniz's background as an officer and coastguard means that many of the volunteers are military.
- They are qualified people with good map skills and habit of leading and they compile material that they report to us. We cooperate and make sure not to double work, says Daniel Skinner.

- We also have drones that search lakes and terrain.

There are still areas left to search, says Daniel Skinner. The area in question extends over the whole of Södertörn.

- We will not stop until we have found Deniz. As long as there are people who want to look, we will continue.

Nya upptäckten: Sista spåret av försvunna Deniz Arda

Norea Dahlskog 2020-11-26

Since Wednesday, the case has been investigated as kidnapping. Now new clues have been found.

The track: A Youtube clip
- We have checked activity logs on a dozen different apps and tried to get into everything possible. The last digital track is at 11.17 on Friday 13 November, says Henrik to Aftonbladet.

- Then he watched a Youtube clip. It was a recipe or something, nothing that stood out or was in any way strange. But we can not see where he was or if he saw it from a laptop, a desktop computer or on his cell phone.

Found reflective tape

Around Botkyrka, south of Stockholm, a green reflective tape of the type used by the Armed Forces is said to have been found.

- It is very interesting, but I have not heard of it, says Ola Österling , the police's spokesperson, to Aftonbladet.

Försvunnen militär misstänks ha kidnappats - TT

In a criminal investigation, the police have access to significantly greater powers and coercive measures than in an investigation of a missing person. The police do not yet want to explain why the assessment has changed.

- The head of the investigation has chosen to keep it between himself and his investigators. It is covered by pre-investigation secrecy and is the very essence of the investigation right now, so they want to keep it to themselves, and with good reason

Deniz Arda försvunnen i två månader
  • Published 04:59, 13 Jan 2021
mgtpl0n16lr8gf4v3hshknnpagr1hv2.jpeg

LAST HE WAS SEEN. The latest picture of Deniz Arda is from a surveillance camera at the Sats Sofo gym on Södermalm.

e11xpnq4qt718jg5unol6u9tpgod9z1.jpeg

Facts: The search for Deniz Arda
Thursday 12 November : Deniz Arda can be seen on the surveillance camera on SATS Sofo.

Friday, November 13: Last digital tracks, Deniz watches a youtube clip with recipes for an omelette.

Wednesday 18 November: A relative reports Deniz Arda as missing to the police.

Saturday 21 November : A witness claims to have seen a man similar to Deniz Arda in a forest outside Södertälje. A rescue operation starts but no one is found.

Wednesday 25 November : The police begin a preliminary investigation into kidnapping.

Saturday 28 November : A major search operation is planned in Tyresta National Park. Several hundred volunteers sign up. But without results.

Wednesday 13 January 2021 : The search continues. About 30 people from Missing people continue to work on the case with the goal of finding him.

Deniz Arda have been found dead in Tyresta National Park on Saturday February 27. He was found by a man taking a shortcut through a difficult to access area full of crevices. The body was found in a cave-like crevice, and was difficult to find. There had been searches done close-by, and it was just sheer luck that the man who found the body took the same shortcut. The investigation is still labelled as murder, but that's routine for death of unknown causes.
Deniz Arda hittad död i Tyresta nationalpark: ”Inga misstankar om brott”

When I read about the discovery of the body last Saturday, I immediately suspected it was Deniz Arda, as there are not that many people missing in that area, and as it was found in such a place, where an accident easily could happen. My guess is that Deniz was either taking a shortcut, or perhaps trying out parcour, and unfortunately slipped and fell, perhaps hitting his head in the fall.

There have been some more or less plausible speculations to his disappearence; being murdered; left to go fight in Syria; being recruited by the CIA. Thankfully for his family, he's been found, and they can begin their mourning.

Ty for the update, @FrostOwl. Although it's routine to classify a death as murder, I'm leaning more towards him being a victim of foul play b/c LE reclassified his disappearance as a kidnapping and considered it a criminal investigation. I wonder if there was any green reflective tape found with his remains? It'll be interesting to see how this case develops. I had hoped he simply ran off to avoid his military assignment as I thought that would be the best outcome for his safety. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. :(
Rest in peace, Deniz.

I doubt it was foul play, I think the kidnapping charges were for the police to be able to access more information from his computer and other electronic devises. The area where he was found was familiar to him, he had posted photos taken there earlier, and that's why there had been searches for him in that area.

I was out at Tyresta National Park, walking around with my boyfriend, back in January. It is one of the most beautiful parks I've been to in the Stockholm area. I honestly think he accidentally fell. There was so much mystery surrounding his disappearance, and I'm so glad he's been found and can be properly put to rest. Rip, Deniz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back