Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the car was dumped in South Dallas to make it appear like it was a random stranger hold-up or car jacker situation. Just a gut feeling. JMO.
That's an interesting speculation; can you elaborate further? If not a random stranger hold-up or carjacking, who are you suspecting? Sounds like a mastermind vs. the dumb criminal profile I came up with. Thanks in advance, please elaborate.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I did drive the route from the racetrack gas station towards his house today although I’m not sure about any new revelations. I was surprised how many homeless there were at the gas station. At least half a dozen loitering and sleeping in the area dividing it from the Church’s chicken. Am curious what additional footage shows and why he went in the store and stayed any longer than absolutely necessary. I think would have stood out a lot with the nice car here. The dart station bridge/intersection at Denton rd does have plenty of places to hide in the columns and a stoplight with the rail station directly overhead. I hope there is camera footage from this area. There are a lot of apartments in a tall complex that sort of overlook this intersection on the SW side. Also Pulaski’s donuts is on the right soon after that and could have been a place to stop where carjackers would know people would be getting out of their cars early for donuts. There is no drive through window. Closer to Lemmon it gets much safer feeling especially near his street. There is the Starbucks at Lemmon, however that is a busy intersection and well lit looking. There isn’t a drive through at that Starbucks. Hope this helps...
Yes, I jumped on Instant Street view and did a virtual walk about where the gas station is located, and it's clear it's not an good location. Even in the street view shots it captured homeless individuals sitting on the curb and shopping carts piled high with possessions. This was in between the gas station and the chicken place next to it. I was surprised by how big the gas station is with many bays, huge. The mini mart attached to the station was sizable as well. There would be lots of places for criminals to lurk, but they would have been captured on camera. I think there was a "scout" at the gas station, and a secondary person a block down the road on Inwood who deployed some measure to get Alan to stop the car.

For you car enthusiasts, I was surprised to see a heavy SUV such as the Macan can achieve 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, and has a top track speed of 167mph. Not too shabby!
I also found it interesting that higher end vehicles (such as Porche) get stolen to be *shipped overseas* for sale. Hmmmm....interesting.
The Most Frequently Stolen High-Performance Cars

In agreement with you all!
Wish we had a Lauren Scharf reporting on this case, the news on Alan is trickling out like molasses.
I was just thinking the same thing! Perhaps I don't have context, but it seems Alan's case isn't getting much coverage at all! With something so (seemingly) sinister, or mysterious at minimum, you'd think the public would be wanting to hear progress reports?

That's an interesting speculation; can you elaborate further? If not a random stranger hold-up or carjacking, who are you suspecting? Sounds like a mastermind vs. the dumb criminal profile I came up with. Thanks in advance, please elaborate.

Don't want to speculate about suspects -- it just seems planned. Have a feeling the car was cleaned. Perhaps a financial motive. Could be 100% wrong....JMO.

Don't want to speculate about suspects -- it just seems planned. Have a feeling the car was cleaned. Perhaps a financial motive. Could be 100% wrong....JMO.
I don't subscribe to that theory as I haven't heard anything to suggest pre-planned collusion for financial benefit. I am interested however, in hearing more about the condition of the vehicle, as it will either reinforce or refute my theory of juvenile Perp(s).

We've heard about mud on the tires, which could be an ominous sign of off road disposal.
I'm also interested in whether the vehicle had scratches or dents indicating joy riding or inexperienced driving. That vehicle is powerful and can move up to 160+mph track speed. It's hard to imagine anyone inexperienced driving that powerful a car successfully.

Still so many questions, and very few answers to date.

I don't subscribe to that theory as I haven't heard anything to suggest pre-planned collusion for financial benefit. I am interested however, in hearing more about the condition of the vehicle, as it will either reinforce or refute my theory of juvenile Perp(s).

We've heard about mud on the tires, which could be an ominous sign of off road disposal.
I'm also interested in whether the vehicle had scratches or dents indicating joy riding or inexperienced driving. That vehicle is powerful and can move up to 160+mph track speed. It's hard to imagine anyone inexperienced driving that powerful a car successfully.

Still so many questions, and very few answers to date.

In many news reports and interviews Tim White says the vehicle was in “fine” condition.

I don’t know if I’ve said this before, but I have thought about it several times. This car retails for 51k. There are many cars on the road in Dallas well above that price point. For that matter, Alan’s normal car *could* likely be more valuable than this car. Incidentally, I would assume his normal car is in fine condition as well.

In many news reports and interviews Tim White says the vehicle was in “fine” condition.

I don’t know if I’ve said this before, but I have thought about it several times. This car retails for 51k. There are many cars on the road in Dallas well above that price point. For that matter, Alan’s normal car *could* likely be more valuable than this car. Incidentally, I would assume his normal car is in fine condition as well.
You're making a good point in that I certainly wouldn't think an SUV was a hot ticket for carjacking (even if it's a Porche), but I could be wrong. This case has many contradictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member