20 years without justice, Shawn Allison, LaPine, Oregon, 20 Nov 2000

Sonicdrama

Verified Insider - sister of Shawn Allison
Reaction score
It's been 20 years and I believe at least 10 people know who shot Shawn, and at least half of them are Sheriff Department deputies. Shawn, with half his head blown off, walks across the room to bleed out on a sofa. Shawn's dog, alleged beneficiary of a $100,000 insurance policy, is confiscated by the man who finds Shawn's body. The Sheriff's Department does no investigation. The coroner determines "suicide" without ever seeing the body. Is there something wrong with this picture?

http://www.realcrimes.com/Allison/Shawn Allison.htm

Seeking Justice - Shawn Allison

Man, that's a sin. Poor guy had cancer.

When I started reading I'm thinking there's a mom and a brother, and all this loot is going to his dog? No offense.

Then it just got to be a hot white mess with the chick and the baby and the friends. Something is up.

My sincere sympathies. Maybe Oregon will look again. Agreed if you're missing part of your head why move to a couch? Hell,I only had a Luger in my mouth to scare me. I sat on the side of the tub for it seemed like hours.

No matter the outcome may he be hanging out peacefully. If you were close ask for a sign I guarantee you get it. Pay attention!

Thank you Filly.......yeah.....As soon as I got over to La Pine for the memorial that Saturday, I KNEW he didn't shoot himself and it's just been a nightmare since. There have been other men "commit" suicide, like another marine, John Hendrix in Sunriver, I think 2005. He was involved with a woman who was also seeing Deputy Penzenick.....yeah....his kids think he was murdered also, and so do I. Hot white mess describes it perfectly.....and I have asked for signs, and I have had the opportunity to ask psychics and they always tell me "nothing"....like they go to lengths to avoid telling me anything. It's high strangeness....

www.realcrimes.com is a website started by Lois Duncan Arquette (I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, and other books/movies)> She was the first to believe me, and she helped me write this story. She has passed away now, but I will always be grateful to her and also Ann Rule. Ann was getting ready to write about Shawn when she also passed away. Goddess Speed to both of these extraordinary ladies/authors. Lois' daughter was murdered in the 80's and that is why she started the site. It's a lot to do with police that seem culpable or least accessory. So true in Shawn's case.

The Oregon Medical Examiner rule doesn't come up for everyone
Medical Examiner Program

The State of Oregon mandates, (ORS) 146.065, that there shall be, in each county a medical examiner. This District Medical Examiner (DME) shall investigate unattended, unusual, or traumatic deaths. The District Attorney (DA) shares in these duties and responsibilities (ORS 137.100).

Types of deaths requiring DME investigation:

Deaths from apparent homicide, or suicides occurring under suspicious circumstances.

Tad has sent me threatening letters off and on over the years, he is mad about the stories. Before he became furious with me though, he told me he saw Shawn (bloody) standing in his hallway every night. I asked him if it was nightmares and he never really answered me. I hope 20 years of haunting makes him SAY SOMETHING. The baby is NOT Shawn's, we did a private DNA with the child and myself and I am 100% NOT HER AUNT. Shawn and I were full blood siblings. And yet, the SS and Vet. Dept. did nothing. Jessica got over $350,000 dollars in payments SS and Veterans, plus all the other bene's a person gets from being a single mom, and she had 4 other kids. Plus she got a nursing degree of some kind and now has a job at the new mental health crisis building the "sheriff dept." just opened. Makes me want to scream.......but I did tattle on her and ask her boss how come she wasn't vetted and considering the circumstances, why is she working there? They had her doing tv spots....and at least they removed all those. I truly wish her 15 minutes of fame were going down in flames for the murder of my brother.

Anyway, thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes, Filly. Happy Thanksgiving! Please stay safe in these trying and uncertain time. Blessings, Rita (I'm his sister, the picture is of Shawn in the Marines, before the cancer)

Oh my heart breaks wide open. I am so sorry, Rita.

We can keep this thread going. You may get answers. It's a Try! You have lived in grief, suffering and plain bs for too long.

I'll keep checking in. I can't imagine what this has done to you.

Your brother's service means literally the world to me. Some of my Marine friends are a tad off, but if my leg was hanging off that's who I'd call! No 911!

Peace, Blessings, and white light. IMO you don't need a psychic. That's your brother! It'll start as little signs that are specific to you.and him. Subtle. Pay attention. I ain't pushy but someone taught me that! Bam been happen>ng for years at appropriate times!

Thinking of you and your brother.

Thank you so much. I think you will understand this. In the months after he died, he came to me as he was when I left to go to college. He was 6 and I was 17.....he took my hand and tried to get me to come with him. When I told him, no, I couldn't, I had my own son now and I had to stay here....he left and I haven't heard from him since. Which is why I find the "psychic" people so odd, they can't even talk to him, or won't??....Each year around the anniversary, I try to find a new place to post the stories, because, I just never know who is going to see it.

Thank you so much. I think you will understand this. In the months after he died, he came to me as he was when I left to go to college. He was 6 and I was 17.....he took my hand and tried to get me to come with him. When I told him, no, I couldn't, I had my own son now and I had to stay here....he left and I haven't heard from him since. Which is why I find the "psychic" people so odd, they can't even talk to him, or won't??....Each year around the anniversary, I try to find a new place to post the stories, because, I just never know who is going to see it.

Laughing knows her stuff. That would be a good idea to be a Verified Insider. People here are very helpful.

Absolutely I understand. You had a true visitation from your brother!!! That's such a gift. Beautiful.

It seems he is very busy if that's the last sign you had, but such an important one.

Hopefully even after all your own work you will stay on, and have sleuthers take a look with fresh eyes.

Thinking of you especially since I know how this dictates not only your life, but generations. It's an experience in our own family and never goes away. Don't give up. Your brother is very handsome by the way.

Thank you, Laughing and Filly...yes that is a memorial my mom started years ago. I will do as you suggest, thank you so much. Heehee, thank you, Filly....so many girls chased him, he was a good soul, too. Blessings, Rita

One of the main reasons I KNOW someone shot Shawn was because of all the issues with his dog, Nikki. Shawn and that dog were inseparable, he even had a special seat on his bike and would ride 30 miles with that dog. The neighbor that finds Tad Shirley sitting on Shawn's front porch, Mr. Ward, comes over because he has not seen Shawn or the dog all weekend, and Monday around 9am, the dog zips over to Mr. Ward and Mr. Ward comes to see Shawn. I also believe that Shawn died late Friday Nov. 18th or early the 19th after, yep...having dinner with Jessica McEwen (SHE LIED about it, Det.Utter found that out. She said she hadn't seen Shawn in 5 days.) NOW here is the thing, Shawn NEVER TIED NIKKI UP. When I realized how WHITE Shawn's shirt is, it made me look for "bloody doggy paw prints" in the photos (there is also a different shot of his body, with 6" thick bible by his head, and not ONE SPOT OF BLOOD is on it, and it's just inches from his head.) Not only are there no bloody doggy paw prints, the dog was NOT BLOODY (I asked Mr. Ward). So I say this to Tad and first he is like the door was closed. I say, well the dog would have rolled in that blood and jumped on Shawn and there would be more of a bloody mess. So Tad says the door was open and Nikki was running in and out. I say, ok, but there would still be a bloody mess, the dog would have at the very least walked thru the blood AND Mr. Ward would have seen the dog. THEN TAD SAYS, well the dog was tied up outside. No, Tad, no he wasn't, because Mr. Ward would have seen him. Mr. Ward can't see the front door, but can see the yard and the area Tad said he was tied up on. Then we find a bunch of old leads and rope outside, supposedly to make us think that yes, Shawn had tied up Nikki, but Mr. Ward said NO...and he had never seen that tie up before. A few weeks later we are trying to get the dog back. The sheriff said we could and if Tad refused, to call and they would help. Tad became furious and while the sheriff deputies were there, Tad screams at me, "You 2 *advertiser censored* let him lay out there for 2 days!".......oh yeah...........I rounded on him and said, "How the hell did you know he laid out there for 2 days?" and he stuttered all over himself and said the sheriff told him. No, no Tad, he didn't, because they listed time of death when you called. TAD WAS THERE. TAD TOOK THE DOG THAT NIGHT. TAD and whoever else, hoped someone else would find him. I also, sadly, think that Shawn may have still been alive when they left. But a suicide can only shoot themselves once. From 3am to about 7am on the morning of the 19th, Tad called Shawn's home 23 times, we had the caller id. I think Tad was scared, wondering if Shawn would answer the phone. From the injury, I would imagine if Shawn was still breathing, I would imagine he wasn't aware.

btw Filly, my heart goes out to you and your situations, the ones I seemed to glean over, but didn't.....My heart goes out to you as well, and I really appreciate you and all your words of support and help. You are a blessing....thank you..Rita

Please welcome Sonicdrama who has now been verified as Shawn's sister.

As a VI, Sonicdrama is not required to provide links to what they state as fact in this case.

Please be respectful to our VI at all times. If you disagree with something they have to contribute, please just scroll on without arguing with them or challenging them in any way.

On a separate note, please remember to use initials only for anyone who has not been officially named by LE as a POI or suspect in a case (i.e. KLSII) and do not make direct accusations against them.

Shawn Allison Tributes, Condolences & Bereavement I have been in touch, recently, with MA, the last poster on that site. He lives in Switzerland now and after chatting with him, I feel like his aunt, he is an amazing young man. It feels like MA is family, just reading his post filled my heart with the love he had for Shawn. I believe it is very important, MA's knowledge about how Shawn felt about suicide. Thank you Laughing, for somehow finding that site, I had forgotten about it quite honestly (after 20 years and many attempts at getting help, Shawn's story is "out there" and it becomes impossible to keep up with sites that don't seem to produce an arrest.............HOWEVER......this just taught me that I need to revisit that thought. I had never read MA's post until you asked that. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE, just for "the chance" that this will help.

@Sonicdrama, you are are quite welcome. So glad that I could be of any assistance, contribute anything to the great work you are doing.

You are the one who found this forum.

You are the one who risked baring your soul to tell about the injustice to your brother & your family.

You are the one who champions his cause.

Thank you for trusting us with your story!

I don't know much about Facebook, have you considered setting up a page for your brother? A few years back a family started a Twitter page about their brother's murder, this is his thread:

OH - OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #2

You've taken on a huge task. Keep plugging away. The more people who know, the more likely you will have justice for your brother & your family.

Just happy to help in your quest!

Best, Laughing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn