Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
[my bold]

There was a vacant apartment nearby, wasn't there? This could have been used as a 'staging post'. (Do we know when/whether the other apartment was searched/checked for forensics?)

If FF is going to argue that CB only had a very short time window to remove MM from her own apartment, this could perhaps be challenged if she was initially only moved nearby & then carried away from the empty apartment when the coast was clear.
unoccupied that night in block 5: C E F I J L M N O P Q R

[my bold]

There was a vacant apartment nearby, wasn't there? This could have been used as a 'staging post'. (Do we know when/whether the other apartment was searched/checked for forensics?)

If FF is going to argue that CB only had a very short time window to remove MM from her own apartment, this could perhaps be challenged if she was initially only moved nearby & then carried away from the empty apartment when the coast was clear.

I liked this idea for a while but when you work through it, IMO it seems unlikely. He would gave to break in to one of the other apartments at some point prior to 8:30pm ... daylight. The take MM from 5A to the vacant apartment. Then, IMO, the biggest issue, trying to exit the vacant apartment when the coast was clear - after 10pm the whole village was looking for her and by the next morning the whole world was looking for her. I know that he may not have anticipated the media circus that happened but IMO he would have foreseen the risks associated with this approach. I think it’s a safe assumption that after exiting 5A, he got to a safe location ASAP.

"It's not him": Maddie's witness dismisses Brueckner as suspect - Portugal - World Today News
“I was shown the photographs that were released, but all I remember is what is in the testimony to the police. There is nothing I can add about it, it was 13 years ago. But I know I don’t recognize this man [Christian Brueckner]. He is not the man I saw “, defends Martin in an interview with the English press.

I know, I’ve seen it and it goes against what I think. MS has since said he was 60% sure it was GM who he saw. This is in conflict with his statement which said the man wasn’t a tourist GM was a tourist. If it’s not CB, it doesn’t rule out it being MM ... I think it’s too much of a coincidence for it not to be her. Other people will disagree I’m sure.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I have a hunch that the selfie published in Der Spiegel and shared on here by @SuperdadV8 where CB is giving the three-finger salute is from 3 May 2007 or early hours 4 May 2007. It’s now been deleted.
Deleted? I find that quite interesting.

Deleted? I find that quite interesting.

It could be nothing but since the release of that photo, along with the one with the woman (pixelated face), FF has hardly mentioned anything publicly and CB had the meltdown in court. I’m am probably adding 2+2=5 but things seem a little different in the defence camp since those photos were released.

I know, I’ve seen it and it goes against what I think. MS has since said he was 60% sure it was GM who he saw. This is in conflict with his statement which said the man wasn’t a tourist GM was a tourist. If it’s not CB, it doesn’t rule out it being MM ... I think it’s too much of a coincidence for it not to be her. Other people will disagree I’m sure.
I think one of the important things about Smithman is not that it can implicate CB with great detail but that the broad general description given long before he was in the frame definitely does NOT exclude him. They all saw a white, average build male and a white, blonde female child about MMs age

I wouldn't expect the Smith's to remember the man in great detail the day after let alone 13 years later. In passing you don't get time to study someone in detail. And it was nightime. But they remembered the general things. The things that would impact like bare feet (wouldn't she get cold)

The salient points are that an average looking bloke that could be CB was seen carrying a child within a relevant time frame - that you would remember from the night before. And, more tellingly, he hasn't come forward despite the publicity.

That makes me agree that it most certainly does not rule MM. In fact it would be a coincidence for two average white males to be carrying blonde female children around the age of MM within the time frame in which she went missing. Not that coincidences don't happen but....

It could be nothing but since the release of that photo, along with the one with the woman (pixelated face), FF has hardly mentioned anything publicly and CB had the meltdown in court. I’m am probably adding 2+2=5 but things seem a little different in the defence camp since those photos were released.
Or you might well adding 2+2 and getting 4. I've found CBs sudden dairy based protests interesting. He'd struck me as quite confident before.

Images suddenly being deleted are always interesting.

If the perp had chosen 5A specifically then I assume he would have parked closer, but we don't know if it was specifically targeted, maybe it was just a random burglary, he could have attempted to open other windows that night, but just happened to go into 5A because he tried the window and discovered it was actually open.
Also I suppose it depends on what a burglar was going in for.
Expensive things needn't be large objects and could easily for into jacket and trouser pockets like jewelry, watches, small camera's, I guess it depends on the brand - we've read CB may have had a penchant for Rolex watches and IMO although it seems the MC's were comfortably off they don't seem to be folk who would go for these high end items. Maybe there just wasn't anything of 'high' monetary value for the perp to take? Then he became distracted by MM or was disturbed by her.

JMO
Whatever motive CB had for going into 5A - burglary thru to abduction - they would all seem, on the surface, to have been far easier with an escape vehicle outside. Especially given the proximity of 5A to the car park.

At the moment we're trying desperately to understand the crime in terms of having a vehicle nearby being a distinct advantage. Which it would seem to be whichever theory you hold.

But perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it. Would it be worth considering reasons why having a vehicle nearby would be a disadvantage? Would it be too noisy for example? To recognisable? Easier to park elsewhere? Easier to walk to his destination.

Just my opinions.

Images deleted from search engines normally require data protection issue or possibly FF / defence threatening the media outlet to remove it. Also Smithman description does not sound like CB, he looks a decade younger than the image and GM, and since been confirmed by Smith himself, need to stop making CB fit into every possible description. Personally, I don't think CB was the abductor and the theories about taking her to a different room in the building seem extremely unlikely. In addition, what evidence would HCW use to support an abduction theory? He's sure mm was murdered and CB did it and has something, so they will work back from this.

That would make me think the opposite. IMO a burglar would park close. Lots to carry coupled with fact it's a minor crime. No LE is really going to push the boat out interviewing people for a few cameras, cash and passports belonging to people that don't live there. Insured replaceable things you'd have to load into something to carry. Whereas a missing child or a child you've decided to abuse in their room is going to attract lots of attention.

I think a man carrying a child is less obvious than a man carrying a bag of stuff
Especially in a holiday resort with a creche. It makes more sense to me that a car (not a camper van) was parked in one of the many off-road car parking spots near to the apartment. Not all the parking areas are right outside the adjoining apartments, some look like guest parking spots on the road.

Images deleted from search engines normally require data protection issue or possibly FF / defence threatening the media outlet to remove it. Also Smithman description does not sound like CB, he looks a decade younger than the image and GM, and since been confirmed by Smith himself, need to stop making CB fit into every possible description. Personally, I don't think CB was the abductor and the theories about taking her to a different room in the building seem extremely unlikely. In addition, what evidence would HCW use to support an abduction theory? He's sure mm was murdered and CB did it and has something, so they will work back from this.
I think Smithman could be any average white male. I think the salient point is he was carrying a child at a relevant time

I agree that IMO HCW is working backwards to that night and is sure CB killed MM. Do you think someone else was involved?

Whatever motive CB had for going into 5A - burglary thru to abduction - they would all seem, on the surface, to have been far easier with an escape vehicle outside. Especially given the proximity of 5A to the car park.

At the moment we're trying desperately to understand the crime in terms of having a vehicle nearby being a distinct advantage. Which it would seem to be whichever theory you hold.

But perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it. Would it be worth considering reasons why having a vehicle nearby would be a disadvantage? Would it be too noisy for example? To recognisable? Easier to park elsewhere? Easier to walk to his destination.

Just my opinions.
I think parking within a short walk rather than right next to the apartment would be considered more advantageous. Parking right next to the apartment would link an abduction/vehicle to that immediate area if witnessed; they/he had timed leaving according to when the apartment was checked by parents; it was not an unusual sight to carry a child in the resort and easier to drive away from a parking spot just off the road. JMO

I think Smithman could be any average white male. I think the salient point is he was carrying a child at a relevant time

I agree that IMO HCW is working backwards to that night and is sure CB killed MM. Do you think someone else was involved?
The conjecture that the S family saw MM + CB requires a good match between the pyjamas they describe and the pyjamas known to be worn by MM that evening.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I have a hunch that the selfie published in Der Spiegel and shared on here by @SuperdadV8 where CB is giving the three-finger salute is from 3 May 2007 or early hours 4 May 2007. It’s now been deleted.

This post prompted me to have another stab at this image's location so I spent today searching around CB's known locations on Google Earth/Maps, Youtube, Flickr ect.
The Hippy Market area in BSJ would be my best guess after what I've seen today. The area has all the elements as in the photos, reeds, same trees, earth colour, grassy verges. The only thing missing is the fencing. Also being one of CB's last known locations pre May 2007 gives the area a plus point. It could also be a million other places of course :)

Maybe too much screen time for me today or I'm going mad(er), and not wanting to start another 'dog cushion' saga, but am I the only one that possibly sees a child wearing a light coloured shirt, head looking down, strapped into a child seat in this image? Look directly behind the driver seat.

Attachments

• VW3b.jpg
    VW3b.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
"She also had a light top, with long sleeves"
P.J. POLICE FILES: MARTIN SMITH & FAMILY STATEMENTS

MM's PJ sleeves were short.
Your clothing comparision skills vastly exceed those of the PJ and SY too, both of those investigations either failed to notice, or lazily glossed over, this important difference between the 2 sets of pyjamas, which means IMO the child the S family saw was not MM, and therefore the man they saw was not CB.

Last edited:
This post prompted me to have another stab at this image's location so I spent today searching around CB's known locations on Google Earth/Maps, Youtube, Flickr ect.
The Hippy Market area in BSJ would be my best guess after what I've seen today. The area has all the elements as in the photos, reeds, same trees, earth colour, grassy verges. The only thing missing is the fencing. Also being one of CB's last known locations pre May 2007 gives the area a plus point. It could also be a million other places of course :)

Maybe too screen time for me today or I'm going mad(er), and not wanting to start another 'dog cushion' saga, but am I the only one that possibly sees a child wearing a light coloured shirt, head looking down, strapped into a child seat in this image? Look directly behind the driver seat.
Another vague clue is that he parked at this location for probably at least 8 hrs?

IMO the uk dog activity in the apartment should be completely re-interpreted entirely in the context of an intruder-did-it solution. It is remarkable that the PJ and SY have never done this. Is it possible that the BKA have done so in their CB investigation? When asked about the uk dogs in an oz podcast HCW said he could not comment.

Maybe too much screen time for me today or I'm going mad(er), and not wanting to start another 'dog cushion' saga, but am I the only one that possibly sees a child wearing a light coloured shirt, head looking down, strapped into a child seat in this image? Look directly behind the driver seat.[/QUOTE]

Yes - I think I may see what you mean, I've outlined what I'm looking at in blue. I think it could be a reflection of something else though - the perspective and size looks a bit wrong for it to be a child inside the vehicle. I can also see what looks like a person, perhaps a man in swimming trunks (outlined yellow), but again this could be a trick of the light. I know what you mean about screen time!

Attachments

• VW3b2.jpg
    VW3b2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics