Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #7

IMO, but it could be scaling, and I still can’t locate the area well on anything I use, the water plant on the west looks too far away from the resort to be where she was spotted (possibly) by the worker. She would have been very close to her final resting place, too early on .
Not much help and just as guess- I need an ordinance survey map.
Here is the plantation, 2 km as the crow flies from the Dusun. The water plant is slightly above this map, NW from the Dusun.
2,5 km mentioned in the media, could mean:
- either as the crow flies
- or following roads, paths, trails and therefore more nearby to the Dusun

Could the river in question be the one along the road, SW from the Dusun?
HzQFwrH.jpg

The question remains... if an intruder abducted Nora.. why?

No evidence of sexual assault, no evidence of murder, no evidence of physical harm.

So what then? They took her just to safely leave her near the waterfall to die?

Open to theories, but still I can’t jump the fence on this one that Nora simply left on her own and succumbed to the elements.

She couldn’t have made it, near impossible. That’s just it exactly, she didn’t. She didn’t make it, she is deceased so she was unable to survive on her own in the jungle.

I understand that her physical ailments made everyone believe that it’s near impossible for her to have left on her own and maneuvered to where she was found. Yes I agree, near impossible. But people have been known to accomplish extraordinary things when faced with death.

I just struggle to find a motive to kidnap a teen with special needs, not harm them, not assault them, not murder them, but carry them (not easy) through the jungle to leave them to die of stress.

I'm currently 50/50 in my own opinions between intruders got in to burgle as knew new intakes would be exhausted but bumped into an awake Nora, possibly on way back from bathroom or kitchen in the night, realised they'd been seen so took her with them without any plan - hence the whispering heard by the parents, possibly about what to do with her. She would have been compliant and gone with them, vs, she went outside and got lost, not intending to go far.

What makes you think she would have been compliant and gone with these intruders ?

I was thinking it would have been natural instinct to cry out when taken by surprise , anxiety not having had time to develop at that stage .
Thank you for the welcome .

I was thinking it would have been natural instinct to cry out when taken by surprise , anxiety not having had time to develop at that stage .
Thank you for the welcome .
Welcome Zuleika! :)
You can find a lot of info about how Nora was and how she would have reacted. A lot of info given by the parents, her headmaster and Experts at her school.
All you have to do is scroll back and also watch the testimonies given at the court. They're very interesting.

I hadn't noticed this before:
On August 10, the sixth day of the search, police were tipped off of the possibility the missing teen was being held against her will near the Ngoi Ngoi water treatment plant, about three miles north-west of the resort.

Accompanied by the resort owner, Hannim Bamadhaj, a five-man police party proceeded to the location where they detained a man in his 50s.

"A search of the wooden squatter failed to produce positive results and the man was taken into custody after tested positive for drug abuse“, the superintendent said.

I know about the fisherman's hut (was found empty), and the "makeshift" hut near the spot where Nora was found later on and that was used by bird hunters Nora Anne Quoirin inquest: Spot where teen’s body was found secluded and hard to reach, says witness

Then there was a man found sleeping in a wooden hut deep in the jungle... is this the same hut? On August 10th, Nora had not yet been found.
Did police question that man further after she was found? How far was his hut from the spot where she had been found?

Who ever tipped off police, he or she was looking in the right direction!
Teen found dead in Malaysia jungle 'couldn't walk 20ft on her own', inquest told

If Nora had been kept in a hut, wouldn't there be traces of her there? She must have been to the toilet, shed skin/sweat/tears/ hair.

Having said that, it would make more sense of the whole thing if she'd been kept hidden away for days before being released or left for dead. And it would explain why her clothes have never been found.

If Nora had been kept in a hut, wouldn't there be traces of her there? She must have been to the toilet, shed skin/sweat/tears/ hair.

Having said that, it would make more sense of the whole thing if she'd been kept hidden away for days before being released or left for dead. And it would explain why her clothes have never been found.
There were no clothes as such ,she was put to bed in only her knickers because it was so hot . However if they were not found could it be they were washed away ? The motive , no harm done , keeping her without sustenance is beyond my imagination .

I'm currently 50/50 in my own opinions between intruders got in to burgle as knew new intakes would be exhausted but bumped into an awake Nora, possibly on way back from bathroom or kitchen in the night, realised they'd been seen so took her with them without any plan - hence the whispering heard by the parents, possibly about what to do with her. She would have been compliant and gone with them, vs, she went outside and got lost, not intending to go far.
Please can you remind me again about what whispering the parents heard? TIA

Yes that’s what he ‘s said at this inquest .

What is location "R", on the far left in the exhibited map at the hearing?
5SAwd0d.jpg

It's outside the front gate but it's connected to the trail that leads beyond the "X" ("X" probably indicating "no through road"?).

• Sorry the link doesn't appear to be working .
  • However .....

A British pathologist has said he cannot rule out the possibility a London teenager found dead near a Malaysian jungle resort was sexually assaulted because her body suffered such severe decomposition.

Nathaniel Cary, a forensic pathologist who performed a second autopsy on the body of Nora Anne Quorin in the UK, said he agreed with the findings of officials in Malaysia that the teen died of intestinal bleeding due to starvation and stress.

But he also told a Malaysian virtual inquest into the 15-year-old's death that while there was no positive evidence she was sexually assaulted, he could not fully exclude the possibility.
  • Following a huge search, her body was found nine days after she vanished, beside a stream on a palm oil estate around 1.6 miles from the resort.

She was only wearing her underwear when she went missing but her body was found naked.

skynews-nora-quoirin-lucie_4887766.jpg

Image:Nora was missing for nine days before her body was discovered. Pic: LBT GLOBAL/family
    It was unclear what happened to her underwear, but police had previously said the autopsy showed no sign she was sexually assaulted.

Police also told the inquest that investigations showed no criminal activity nor any indication Nora had been abducted. They say they believe she climbed out of a window on her own.

But her Irish mother, Meabh, and French father, Sebastien, say they believe their daughter was kidnapped because she had mental and physical disabilities and could not have wandered off on her own.

Mr Cary said the Malaysian autopsy had been thorough but that the decomposition made it difficult to ascertain "in what circumstances the death occurred".

He agreed with Nora's family lawyer that foreign DNA, if it existed, may also have been washed away as her feet and hands were immersed in water for a few days before her body was found.

Mother heard 'whispering sounds' before Nora Quoirin disappearance

Responding to a question from the family's lawyer, Mr Cary agreed that he could not rule out the possibility that her body may have been placed there after her death, given that rescuers had previously searched the specific location.

He also agreed that there was no evidence Nora had suffered any major falls in the rough terrain despite her physical disabilities.

However, Mr Cary said the multiple cuts and scratches on the teenager's body indicated she had moved through dense undergrowth.

"I see no reason to dispute the (Malaysian) findings, although like me, the Malaysian pathologists were clearly disadvantaged by the decomposition," he added.

The Quoirin family has sued the resort owner for alleged negligence, saying there was no security there and that the window with a broken latch was found ajar the morning Nora disappearedp

It’s all so tragically sad, but whatever happened to Nora I don’t think the resort should be sued. They chose that place knowing full well it was remote and rustic, they can’t have expected the sort of security you’d get at a larger complex. Surely that was all part of the charm. Back to nature.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back