CANADA Canada - Mekayla Bali, aka M Niebergall, 16, Yorkton, Saskatchewan, 12 April 2016

Clothing is my guess. Friends said she typically carried a purse (ref: videos linked above) and the backpack did not look heavy. She put her binder in her locker after her grandmother drove her to school.

If it is clothing, then the beautiful-model $5000 payment for portfolio ruse seems likely. Photographer don't pay for portfolios, models pay. Pedophiles have been using the I'll pay to take your modelling portfolio photos ruse since the early 1970s.

If not clothing or medication in her backpack, and she mentioned a "short" trip to Regina friends, what might have been in the backpack?
A sleeping bag, or a big bag of something that could make you feel hungry, then sleepy, imo, speculation, fwiw.

I thought the backpack looked topped with clothes, a few of the visuals look like it's pulled tight at the top with diferent coloured fabric showing, and it seems reasonable that she would pack a bag for her short term immediate needs no matter what the portfolio ... possibly her wallet, ID, personal hygiene items, her purse, a journal, jewelry, possibly not a phone charger, clothes that could be used in descriptions, items that would be noticed, momentos ...

I thought the backpack looked topped with clothes, a few of the visuals look like it's pulled tight at the top with diferent coloured fabric showing, and it seems reasonable that she would pack a bag for her short term immediate needs no matter what the portfolio ... possibly her wallet, ID, personal hygiene items, her purse, a journal, jewelry, possibly not a phone charger, clothes that could be used in descriptions, items that would be noticed, momentos ...

Screenshot from one of the videos already posted ... from this angle, it looks mostly empty with something heavy at the bottom. Maybe her purse is at the bottom, perhaps an ipad?

upload_2020-11-30_21-34-52.png

It seems reasonable to withdraw donated reward money after 4 years, especially since it has made no difference.

Most often reward money is for a living person or information leading to conviction. This strikes me as an abduction committed by one person and no witnesses, so reward money does little more than generate wild speculation tips from people hoping to get lucky with the reward money.

... the silver ring not pawned ?

She probably thought that the stone was worth something, whereas the pawn shop seems to have dismissed the stone and looked at the silver value. The silver value in a ring would be next to nothing. Since it seems to be worthless, it won't be found in a pawn shop, but in might have been kept as a souvenir by someone who lured her.

Does anyone know what brand/style of backpack she was wearing?

To me it doesn't look like a violin case would fit. I played violin (very briefly) as a kid, there's no way or reason for putting it in her backpack and it would probably stick out or make a different shape Imo.

Toiletries can be heavy. Maybe shoes, a makeup bag, sweater? This would make sense especially if she thought she was meeting someone for photographs or some kind of hotel meetup and wanted to have clothes/shoes/makeup with her. Tbh, Imo Mekalya doesn't strike me as that kind of teenager. Jmo.

Maybe her pencil case or school supplies? Usually there's a sleeve inside backpacks for things like laptops or Ipads/tablets etc. Maybe it wasn't her bag?

I'm trying to find the posts about this $5000. What is that about? So maybe a kind of Rodney Alcala kind of predator?

Where's her purse and what did it look like? As someone said before, maybe it was her purse inside the backpack? I never do that personally because if someone grabs the backpack they have everything. Plus, it's harder to access things when you're out and about. Just my 2 cents.

What is really weird to me is the time. MB was last seen in the middle of the afternoon, almost the middle of the week, on a Tuesday at 1:45 p.m (CT) (according to this article ‘I feel that I have failed you’: mother asks for help finding Mekayla Bali ) She had a violin rehearsal at 4 p.m that day.

It seems like an odd time of day to be meeting someone for certain purposes (whatever they may be). I could see how it might seem like a good time of day because she could sneak out in between obligations to do something (whatever she thought she was doing). But what? Did she have no intention of going to her rehearsal?

What do we all think? Was she intending to meet someone from online? A guy she'd been talking to? Someone else?

Here is a case that doesn't seem to be here on WS Belgian 'Pokemon murderer' sentenced to life imprisonment

"He had lured Moreau to his apartment with a promise of trading Pokemon figures."

She probably thought that the stone was worth something, whereas the pawn shop seems to have dismissed the stone and looked at the silver value. The silver value in a ring would be next to nothing. Since it seems to be worthless, it won't be found in a pawn shop, but in might have been kept as a souvenir by someone who lured her.

Yes, the silver ring would be worth next to nothing ...
The pawn shop person was interviewed , talked about the silver ring and it’s lack of value and stated that is why he didn’t make the deal … in Saskatchewan a person under 18 yrs cannot legally pawn anything, no matter the value … to admit making a deal with Mekayla would be confessing to an illegal act, however he apparently said he didn’t make the deal because of the ring’s value .. then at some point he said there may have been two rings he looked at. In this photo of Mekayla paying for her coffee at Tim’s there is a ring on her left hand … it appears to be silver but the gemstone does not appear red, and it dosen’t look like the red gemstone ring in on her right hand. She was reported as having been wearing the red gemstone ring when she went missing. With the info I have I can’t rule out that she may have left the pawn shop without the red ring.
The name of person interviewed at pawn shop was given as Terry Heddon. The pawn shop owner listed as Irwin Hoffman.

Attachments

• hands.jpg
    hands.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 10
I wonder whether this man has been identified. It doesn't look like a bright sunny day, yet he is wearing sunglasses indoors. He's fidgety at the counter and Mikayla looks at him both when he enters and when he leaves. (time 4:48)

If she expected $5000 in her account, I wonder whether she was supposed to book a hotel room. When the money was not in her account, she withdrew money and then tried to pawn jewellery. Later she asked a stranger how to book a hotel room.

View attachment 273444

View attachment 273445

is this the person in the clip ?

Does anyone know what brand/style of backpack she was wearing?

To me it doesn't look like a violin case would fit. I played violin (very briefly) as a kid, there's no way or reason for putting it in her backpack and it would probably stick out or make a different shape Imo.

Toiletries can be heavy. Maybe shoes, a makeup bag, sweater? This would make sense especially if she thought she was meeting someone for photographs or some kind of hotel meetup and wanted to have clothes/shoes/makeup with her. Tbh, Imo Mekalya doesn't strike me as that kind of teenager. Jmo.

Maybe her pencil case or school supplies? Usually there's a sleeve inside backpacks for things like laptops or Ipads/tablets etc. Maybe it wasn't her bag?

I'm trying to find the posts about this $5000. What is that about? So maybe a kind of Rodney Alcala kind of predator?

Info about $5000 is in the videos that are linked upthread. Mekayla told friends that she had $5000, but she didn't. She contacted a friend around 7AM on the day she vanished to ask for a ride to the bank, but the bank wasn't open for another 2 hours. She made 3 calls to the bank to inquire about her bank balance. She was waiting outside the bank before it opened that same morning. She withdrew $55 and then tried to pawn one or two rings. The ring(s) were worthless.

How I interpret this is that she expected someone to deposit $5000 in her bank account - which means that she provided her bank information to someone. She seemed quite determined to find out whether the money was deposited. Even though the money was not deposited, she did not abandon whatever plan she had that day.

Instead, she went to various coffee shops - always looking around as though expecting someone. She asked a stranger to book a hotel room for her (this info was released in 2019), did something with what appears to be two phones (SIM card?), used private phone apps to make phone calls (10 months for investigators to legally obtain USA info), and in many ways seems to be in constant contact with someone who is almost directing her from one restaurant to another, to the bus depot, to school at noon for 6 minutes to state that she's taking a short trip to Regina.

My impression is that someone was watching her throughout the morning to ensure that it wasn't a sting operation. Once it was clear that she was eliminating communication history and planting information about going to Regina, she vanished.

... all speculation based on news articles and video information

"Not long before her disappearance, Bali had told Yakiwchuk she had about $5,000 in the bank. Police said bank statements showed Bali had nowhere near that much money."​

Where's her purse and what did it look like? As someone said before, maybe it was her purse inside the backpack? I never do that personally because if someone grabs the backpack they have everything. Plus, it's harder to access things when you're out and about. Just my 2 cents.

What is really weird to me is the time. MB was last seen in the middle of the afternoon, almost the middle of the week, on a Tuesday at 1:45 p.m (CT) (according to this article ‘I feel that I have failed you’: mother asks for help finding Mekayla Bali ) She had a violin rehearsal at 4 p.m that day.

It seems like an odd time of day to be meeting someone for certain purposes (whatever they may be). I could see how it might seem like a good time of day because she could sneak out in between obligations to do something (whatever she thought she was doing). But what? Did she have no intention of going to her rehearsal?

What do we all think? Was she intending to meet someone from online? A guy she'd been talking to? Someone else?

Here is a case that doesn't seem to be here on WS Belgian 'Pokemon murderer' sentenced to life imprisonment

"He had lured Moreau to his apartment with a promise of trading Pokemon figures."

I had not heard of the Belgian murder, but it does show how easy it can be to lure a young woman or teenager.

Mekayla was at the coffee shop looking around shortly after 9AM, after she had already been to the bank and pawn shop. I assumed that she planned to meet someone early in the morning, that she intended to meet her grandmother after school and go to her violin lesson. Instead, she spent several hours waiting and wasting time until she vanished in the early afternoon.

Jaanniss!!! Thanks for sharing THAT person, I agree with the guy pointing him out in the youtube video --- THAT guy is hinky as funk! And the fact that he has been removed from the video a few frames after he starts talking to those men, might mean something no??

I noticed that too as I tried to slow motion watch the various videos that were released. Both the man in the plaid shirt and the man who briefly spoke to the male coffee group seem out of place. I assumed that the man who spoke to the coffee group knew one of them.

Have police ruled out everyone who was in the coffee shops and bus station when Mekayla was at those locations?

Police received info about her social media accounts 10 months after she disappeared, but were they able to identify the person(s) she spoke with on the day she vanished?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back