Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

But eyecolor is hard for forensics to determine oftentimes. Eyes go pallid after death. Eye color is often an educated guess based on skin tone and haircolor. Plus, my eyes changed from blue to green when I was an adolescent.

It really does bite. My experience isn't really they have a problem with Websleuths, they're just territorial. I fear these cases, especially the older ones just don't take precedent. They don't want to waste man hours on it. In my situation here in East Tennessee, there is a huge territorial wall built between Knoxville City and Knox County police. This problem dates back to the early 1900's race riot in downtown Knoxville. Might be a good book some day.

The blast removed everything from eyes up. That's why I don't put much stock in reconstructions. Plus this one was the first ever done by the artist. They do have the entire skull pieced back together. The fact that they don't do a clay reconstruction tells me the case is not receiving a lot of effort. I have political officials trying to vouch for me to get a sit down audience with them. So far nothing. Still hoping. Would love to have a DNA sample, I'd pay for all new testing.

How do you know that the injuries only involved the face and head from the eyes up?

The BH tatoo..possibly her Initals or a lovers [?] the metal plates,,point to a motorcyle accident Member of a Motorcycke Outlaw Groump[?] Miami Dolphins--a resident of Florida [?]...possibly a transisecnt why else did isotope point to so many states Impeint..[?]

Autopsy report
Did I miss that? Is the report here in the thread? I'll go back and check. The reason I'm asking is I used to work in the Centre of Forensic Science building in Toronto and saw many crime scene photos of murder and suicide victims and vividly recall the catastrophic injuries inflicted that could still render the victims with completely recognizable faces.

The BH tatoo..possibly her Initals or a lovers [?] the metal plates,,point to a motorcyle accident Member of a Motorcycke Outlaw Groump[?] Miami Dolphins--a resident of Florida [?]...possibly a transisecnt why else did isotope point to so many states Impeint..[?]
One of the guys that picked her up gave her the shirt she had on

I just started reading this thread. It isn't really clear if the deceased had an re cognized face or not. I presume the shotgun blast was catastrophic to the facial area which is why LE has provided an artist's impression. However, if that's the case, why would it say the face is recognizable and how did they manage to ascertain finer details of her dentistry?

All the prior injuries: the clavicle, radius, tibia and fibula the deceased sustained suggest a head-on motor vehicle accident from bracing on impact. You'd think any missing person's characteristics would list these injuries in the description. It's possible the injuries could be from some kind of fall, as well. A man working on my neighbour's roof fell and broke both ankles and his wrist.

It's my thought that she had a connective tissue disorder which makes her more prone to issues. She had back issues like me. Also some of her injuries could have been from domestic violence. Been there and done that.

Since you read the whole thread, you'll see I met the gal that put her skull back together. The images they have were the technology at the time. I wish they'd update it and also show us her real hair.

There are cases where shooting through a closed door have been prosecuted. It is up to the Attorney General. Never thought much of Randy Nichols. He was an honest man but some of his decisions left me bewildered at the time. He was the Attorney General. I will say that the police theory they were staging this to gain entry to the house is crap. "He has a knife!" doesn't make any sane person open a door. I believe if this case was today it would be handled completely different.

What we had heard was the shooter was from a good family in town so she wasn't charged.

I say the same as you. I don't think she was trying to rob her, I think the guy was getting fresh with her.

I also agree that if it happened today, the person may have been charged.

Is it possible for this post to be introduced into the first couple of entries as a carried forward info post for a new thread?

I hope they don't make a new thread. There's too much info in this one to close it.

Okay, thanks. Brown eyes for SGD versus blue eyes for SL plus brown hair for SGD versus blonde for SL = probably not a match then.

According to Amy Dobbs, the hair on the recon is spot on the Shotguns real hair but I'd still like to see it myself

According to Amy Dobbs, the hair on the recon is spot on the Shotguns real hair but I'd still like to see it myself

I'm pondering the hair colors on the recon. Reddish to dark brown. Why are there so many shades?
607UFTN.jpg

And she has a metal pin and plate, so she had surgery. I feel like she had to have had a family, people knew her. Was she not reported missing, or she was but no one has made the connection yet, because somehow it's hard to make?

ETA link for recon:
607UFTN

Last edited:
It's my thought that she had a connective tissue disorder which makes her more prone to issues. She had back issues like me. Also some of her injuries could have been from domestic violence. Been there and done that.

Since you read the whole thread, you'll see I met the gal that put her skull back together. The images they have were the technology at the time. I wish they'd update it and also show us her real hair.

What we had heard was the shooter was from a good family in town so she wasn't charged.

I say the same as you. I don't think she was trying to rob her, I think the guy was getting fresh with her.

I also agree that if it happened today, the person may have been charged.

I hope they don't make a new thread. There's too much info in this one to close it.

I didnt mean to start a brand new thread, just once the mods close this one when it gets full to include the rule outs at the beginning of the new thread with the synopsis so posters know who's already been identified as rule outs.

I'm pondering the hair colors on the recon. Reddish to dark brown. Why are there so many shades?
View attachment 273881

And she has a metal pin and plate, so she had surgery. I feel like she had to have had a family, people knew her. Was she not reported missing, or she was but no one has made the connection yet, because somehow it's hard to make?

ETA link for recon:
607UFTN
I think the different shades can be attributed to an actual morgue photo. I’ve often wondered the same thing when looking at recons. If you have an actual PM photo to compare it to, most times you can isolate the hair on the PM (crop out the face) and due to lighting, photo quality, etc., the actual hair appears to be several different colors. I think that might be the case here. Especially if the ME says it’s spot on. So basically they touched up or reconstructed her face and photoshopped the best they could of her real hair onto the face. If that makes sense. And that’s speculation on my part, I don’t know that to be the case for certain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back