MI - Troy police arrest 7 impaired drivers in 10 days

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
I live and work in this area daily and can tell you it feels batsh@#t crazy driving around here lately and thats just during working hours. Every morning and every drive home is filled w drivers cutting in and out and angry. Thats not including late night impaired drivers. Things are scary out there.

I live and work in this area daily and can tell you it feels batsh@#t crazy driving around here lately and thats just during working hours. Every morning and every drive home is filled w drivers cutting in and out and angry. Thats not including late night impaired drivers. Things are scary out there.

Sending good vibes your defensive driving keeps you safe.

Where they all going. Bars are closed, right? Just driving around drunk or hanging with friends?

Yeah we are all a little sad or depressed, but not enough to kill people because we drank a bottle of gin or six pack.

there's probably more daytime impaired drivers because not working because of Covid etc. too

I also live in Michigan, and the problem is that the penalties for driving under the influence are not severe enough in Michigan. Most people who do it get off with a fine. Many of the people you see driving drunk are rich snobs driving around in Mercedes Benz sedans, etc. The fines have no effect on them; they spend more on top-shelf vodka martinis in a week than what they have to pay in fines.
Driving under the influence should carry a statutory minimum of a year in prison for the first offense along with automatic forfeiture of the vehicle being driven and life in prison for the second offense. Many people are killed by drunk drivers, so I don't see repeat drunk drivers as being much different from serial killers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back