Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loose pieces of the puzzle:
1. Conflicting reports whether she was found found 4 minutes from her apartment as opposed to the apartments on Westheimer. Westheimer cannot be 4 minutes away. 15-20 minute drive.
2. In viewing news report video taken on Saturday morning when her body had not been identified, it appears that the police spokesman was standing under a tent
and right by the beauty shop. You can see what appears to be a blue fire hydrant to his right on the other side of the road in the distance. I’m pretty sure that is the same view I have in my second picture. So I was standing right across the street from where she was found.
That explains the black vehicles if in fact they were LE.
So now we’re at: did the beauty shop have videos of the street facing the parking lot? Seems like they did. One news station showed what appears to be a camera pointed at the lot. But I can’t tell you if the street is visible in the videos because it seems too far to the side street. If she was found just a few feet past the shop, I’d bet it was past the fence that can be seen, and on that side of the road. West side.
Last check, no police updates. By the way, it is HPD that is investigating not the constables office. Which is not too far down Katy Freeway. Couple of exits.

Two questions:

-Do we know where AS’ phone is and where/if it was recovered?

-What really happened on Friday? Her social friends said she was actively texting up until 6PM. Her work friends were supposedly worried all during Black Friday because she was doing no shopping-based social media posts.

Last edited:
Now that I look at pics of black vehicles, makes me think of LE in CT on Dulos case. But if there were officers out, they were not visible to me. I took pictures all around me. So in the cars, filling out papers. If talking to beauty shop, would be in their parking lot. Right? Yes? No? Maybe?
Yeah, I’d be cautious around black SUVs with blacked out windows in Houston.

That road looked narrow and the parking areas weren’t full so the vehicles parked seems hinky. Just be careful. JMO

Last edited:
If AS was killed early Friday, it is possible whoever had possession of her phone could spoof texts as though they were her. It would be significantly harder to make convincing social media posts, hence, no Black Friday social posts but plenty of “texts”.

Somone was asking about DV that was reported to MSM by friends. I can’t find the post now, and this is probably a repeat - from the DM. (BBM)

Friends of Alexis have also said that the couple was going through a divorce and that Tom was physically and emotionally abusive toward her.

Last month, Tom ‘had been putting hands on her’ during a trip to Marfa, Texas, last month, a friend of Alexis told The Daily Beast.

‘Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,’ the friend said.

‘But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, “He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time”.’

Two other friends also told The Daily Beast that Alexis complained that her husband hit her and was ‘controlling and manipulative.’

Husband of Instagram influencer, 26, whose naked body was found on side of road denies abusing her | Daily Mail Online

Somone was asking about DV that was reported to MSM by friends. I can’t find the post now, and this is probably a repeat - from the DM. (BBM)

Friends of Alexis have also said that the couple was going through a divorce and that Tom was physically and emotionally abusive toward her.

Last month, Tom ‘had been putting hands on her’ during a trip to Marfa, Texas, last month, a friend of Alexis told The Daily Beast.

‘Throughout the trip, he was sending really awful, nasty messages to her,’ the friend said.

‘But one night when she and I were talking alone she said, “He strangles me and chokes me out and I blackout and wake up on the bathroom floor every single time”.’

Two other friends also told The Daily Beast that Alexis complained that her husband hit her and was ‘controlling and manipulative.’

Husband of Instagram influencer, 26, whose naked body was found on side of road denies abusing her | Daily Mail Online

That article aslo mentions that Alexis was found 3 miles from Tanya Ricardo's house

Oh wow, these pix are good. I bet she was in the weeds area. Ugh. Dumped on a rainy night in the dark there.

Do you know what the gray building is? I see cars parked there. Hoping they have a security camera.

THANK YOU @Midwestmom2019 for braving the rain and taking these.
Oh wow, these pix are good. I bet she was in the weeds area. Ugh. Dumped on a rainy night in the dark there.

Do you know what the gray building is? I see cars parked there. Hoping they have a security camera.

THANK YOU @Midwestmom2019 for braving the rain and taking these.

This article has an imbedded video - go to 0048 - shows the building and a surveillance camera mentioned:
Surveillance video could give clues on how influencer’s body ended up in Houston ditch

Lots of interesting tidbits from this video:

Including:

1) Car was seen on surveillance from nearby beauty supply business's camera;
2) Retired forensics expert speculates a drug overdose is a possibility, given the way she was found (nude, dumped in a somewhat visible manner); or poisoning; or smothering
3) Local LE advises all to follow their Twitter for latest updates on the case
4) LE is concerned about the possibility of an uninvolved party claiming involvement after gathering specifics from info found in the media (including social media)

Edited because I grammared incorrectly.

Last edited:

Including:

2) Retired forensics expert speculates a possible drug overdose is a possibility, given the way she was found (nude, dumped in a somewhat visible manner); or poisoning; or smothering
4) LE is concerned about the possibility of an uninvolved party claiming involvement after gathering specifics from info found in the media (including social media)

Thank you for the video link. Notable that a vehicle has been captured on surveillance, according to this video.

Wrt to #2, also noting this expert’s comment was in response to the question about “no visible signs of injury”.

I’m behind, so forgive me if this is a brain fart post, but I feel as though a lot of people are running with the “no visible signs of injury” prematurely, key word being “visible”, esp .wrt to potential decomp factors, cursory examination, etc.

“HOUSTON — The medical examiner is still working to determine how 26-year-old Alexis Sharkey died. Her body was found Saturday on the side of a west Houston Road.“

Alexis Sharkey investigation: Friends say death was foul play | khou.com

The fact that a car was spotted on surveillance is potentially huge.

Yes it is. :)

Last edited:
<modsnip>

This case certainly has attracted attention, likely due to the media splash related to Alexis being known as an insta influencer.

I am always fascinated by what draws attention to some cases and not others. A young woman named Erica McClain was found dead and dumped along the roadside near Tappan Lake, Ohio in October, and I can’t find an update anywhere.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Whose car? Alexis'? I thought her car was at her home?

See video. The remote disposal location had one business on the street, a beauty store, which has surveillance capturing a vehicle, according to the above video. My assumption is that the indication is that this vehicle could be that of the perp’s, or whichever vehicle was used to dispose of her body.

Last edited:

Including:

2) Retired forensics expert speculates a drug overdose is a possibility, given the way she was found (nude, dumped in a somewhat visible manner); or poisoning; or smothering

5) The video says around 3:15 that the couple lived about 4 minutes away from where AS was found.
6) Social influencers can make money, $1000s per post, but the attention can breed stalkers. AS had 20,000 followers, LE will look at that angle.

Including:

thank you - I have added to the media thread for Alexis. the car is a big deal IMO.
ETA: Link to her media, maps timeline thread
TX-Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020-MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Last edited:
“Sharkey's cause of death is pending an autopsy by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.” (Source)

I wonder if Dr. Derrick is/will be involved in her case at all, perhaps when she was initially a UID, but perhaps not bc she is Forensic Anthropology. She is the doctor working on our “Smurfette” (and other cases here). She’s awesome.

From the above link (marking for reference):

“Authorities believe her body was there overnight.

The medical examiner will do a follow up.“

Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences:
Medical Examiner Service
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CR/htm/CR.49.htm

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 49. INQUESTS UPON DEAD BODIES
SUBCHAPTER A. DUTIES PERFORMED BY JUSTICES OF THE PEACE
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CR/htm/CR.49.htm

Last edited:
5) The video says around 3:15 that the couple lived about 4 minutes away from where AS was found.

The "4 min away" bit doesn't seem to jive well with the earlier-reported address of their apartment. It's a 4.6 mile drive from their reported Westheimer address to the 1000 block of Red Haw. And given the 2 primary (and shortest) routes required to reach the Red Haw location, there's just no way someone could make that drive in 4 minutes, unless they're doing over 100 MPH, blowing thru traffic signals, etc. I suspect there's some sloppy reporting involved, here. Or, perhaps, some questionable math.

ETA: I have also seen reports of a Wilcrest address which would seemingly align with the "4 minutes away" line of thinking much better than would the Westheimer address.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member