Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of remote places-CO is vast and wooded. But how to get there without being tracked in any way is the stumper. Could not have carried a cell phone, and had to be in a vehicle that did not have GPS, or didn’t belong to the killer.
Yes.
MOO There was an older vehicle was available I think. Have no idea if all tbe vehicles parked at PP were forensically searched

NMRW/CR covenant?
From what I understand on number 2, a restrictive covenant could be written into a deed with something as simple as you can only paint the house these certain colors. It could also be something more complex like don't ever move or disturb that retaining wall or that fresh pile of rocks...
@Hoss569 sbm Thanks for your post explaining. Now I think I get it: To prevent human remains of a missing member of seller's household from being uncovered on the property when buyer later landscapes, Seller adds language to deed* or legal dox, so buyer Never Moves Retaining Wall/Certain Rocks, inadvertently or purposely.

I doubt adding a NMRW/CR covenant would prevent discovery of HRs, if there. Imo i t would be very unusual for a homeowner selling his house to impose an additional covenant (besides the subdivision CCRs) w the sale, so imo seller making this request points to himself as being involved in MisPers' death. Imo some others in home sale process could not help but notice the unusual request and realize its connection and significance to a locally well known MisPers case.

If Seller asks r/e agent to add his NMRW/CR covenant to standard MLS contract, the agent could. Since it is not part of the pre-printed contract, buyer may ask his agent about what it means. Or may not even notice, but multiple people may review the contract or a copy: listing r/e agent, listing broker, buyer's r/e agent, selling broker, mortgage/other lender, appraiser on behalf of lender, title insurance company underwriter, maybe an atty representing buyer or seller. Some of them are local. Not saying they all would connect PP house contract to household member missing for 6 mo's.

But imo this hinky, Hinky, HINKY covenant would be noticed by someone who would ask - why would seller want buyer not to disturb retaining wall or certain rocks? Why would seller w a family member missing care about buyer's changes to prop after the sale closes? Why prohibit buyer from disturbing certain parts of land? In a small community, would it be surprising that the info would be relayed to LE? Maybe basis for probable cause, so LE obtains new search warrant?

This post does not address issues that would surface if seller filed an action for breach of CCR in sales contract.

In a subdivision w a Home Owners Assoc., the HOA board enforces Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions, which are established and recorded by the developer and apply to all homes there. Paint color of houses is a common HOA restriction. Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions. and Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions - FindLaw

Homeowner association - Wikipedia

From what I understand on number 2, a restrictive covenant could be written into a deed with something as simple as you can only paint the house these certain colors. It could also be something more complex like don't ever move or disturb that retaining wall or that fresh pile of rocks...
@Hoss569 Another thought about the Never Move Retaining Wall/Certain Rocks covenant.

Do people sell their own car on the condition that, after taking possession that the buyer not unlock the glove box?

Seller: Nothing wrong: no drugs, no counterfeit money, no stolen jewelry in there. But. do. not. unlock. the. glove. box.
Nothing to see here.

Not a great parallel to house sold w NMRW/CR covenant, but imo, it's a similar kind of hinky.

@Hoss569 Another thought about the Never Move Retaining Wall/Certain Rocks covenant.

Do people sell their own car on the condition that, after taking possession that the buyer not unlock the glove box?

Seller: Nothing wrong: no drugs, no counterfeit money, no stolen jewelry in there. But. do. not. unlock. the. glove. box.
Nothing to see here.

Not a great parallel to house sold w NMRW/CR covenant, but imo, it's a similar kind of hinky.

I do like your analogy there :)

Covenants are common in CO, even outside of subdivisions; one that comes to mind are to retain the historical look / features of the structure / house.

Seeing if there are covenants and if any(possible strange covenants) would be added since the sale of the home to the M's would be interesting, that's all I was thinking and they could maybe light up a hinky meter.

In a weird thought the disclosure could have things that BM is calling out but maybe not necessarily have to. Just him being overly zealous. To me it goes along with looking at the photos of the home for sale, just taking a look at anything that seems odd.

I am sure LE has reviewed everything there is regarding the sale of the home, I feel sorry in a way for the real estate agent.

If there are any prospect buyers, I wonder if BM's responses to there questions are recorded or how that is handled.

This is certainly my opinion and throwing things out so we can add more thoughts to the fire and get people thinking outside of a box in a way to try and help.

E-bike.

With a trailer accessory.

Would work, has no GPS, can go many places that other vehicles can't go...
Agree.
My thoughts are that he did what he knew, utilizing his experience with disposal of hunting waste and his knowledge of the terrain around Puma Path.

I think BM had every popular hunting accessory. He couldn't be outdone.

If he owned a hunters bike, I can easily visualize him driving to a known location, under a full moon.

I feel certain that LE have a viable hypothesis for how he disposed of Suzanne. Moo

Plenty of remote places-CO is vast and wooded. But how to get there without being tracked in any way is the stumper. Could not have carried a cell phone, and had to be in a vehicle that did not have GPS, or didn’t belong to the killer.
And didn't make so much noise that it attracted attention- and perhaps can drive in the dark.

Agree.
My thoughts are that he did what he knew, utilizing his experience with disposal of hunting waste and his knowledge of the terrain around Puma Path.

I think BM had every popular hunting accessory. He couldn't be outdone.

If he owned a hunters bike, I can easily visualize him driving to a known location, under a full moon.

I feel certain that LE have a viable hypothesis for how he disposed of Suzanne. Moo
Agreed !
I think all LE needs at this time is a body.
The other poster who said LE might be buying some time was (imo) interesting.
It appears that there's still movement in Suzanne's case, and that's encouraging.

Nothing to see here.

Monument protection is common in Germany. AFAIK, we had problems installing an entrance door motion detector, because my rental is under monument protection, for example. The close environment of the building has changed several times, so I think, the protection doesn't apply to it. But that's not Colorado and it is no new building, but more than 100 years old. ;)

NMRW/CR covenant?
@Hoss569 sbm Thanks for your post explaining. Now I think I get it: To prevent human remains of a missing member of seller's household from being uncovered on the property when buyer later landscapes, Seller adds language to deed* or legal dox, so buyer Never Moves Retaining Wall/Certain Rocks, inadvertently or purposely.

I doubt adding a NMRW/CR covenant would prevent discovery of HRs, if there. Imo i t would be very unusual for a homeowner selling his house to impose an additional covenant (besides the subdivision CCRs) w the sale, so imo seller making this request points to himself as being involved in MisPers' death. Imo some others in home sale process could not help but notice the unusual request and realize its connection and significance to a locally well known MisPers case.

If Seller asks r/e agent to add his NMRW/CR covenant to standard MLS contract, the agent could. Since it is not part of the pre-printed contract, buyer may ask his agent about what it means. Or may not even notice, but multiple people may review the contract or a copy: listing r/e agent, listing broker, buyer's r/e agent, selling broker, mortgage/other lender, appraiser on behalf of lender, title insurance company underwriter, maybe an atty representing buyer or seller. Some of them are local. Not saying they all would connect PP house contract to household member missing for 6 mo's.

But imo this hinky, Hinky, HINKY covenant would be noticed by someone who would ask - why would seller want buyer not to disturb retaining wall or certain rocks? Why would seller w a family member missing care about buyer's changes to prop after the sale closes? Why prohibit buyer from disturbing certain parts of land? In a small community, would it be surprising that the info would be relayed to LE? Maybe basis for probable cause, so LE obtains new search warrant?

This post does not address issues that would surface if seller filed an action for breach of CCR in sales contract.

I wouldn't buy a home for 1.75 millions, If I'm not allowed to change, what I want to change. Never ever! :rolleyes:;)
_
In a subdivision w a Home Owners Assoc., the HOA board enforces Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions, which are established and recorded by the developer and apply to all homes there. Paint color of houses is a common HOA restriction. Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions. and Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions - FindLaw

In most reasonably-densely populated areas in the US, there will be municipal water systems for fresh water, and municipal sewer systems for drainage.

But in rural areas each home would have its own water source (well) and its own drainage (septic tank plus leach field, usually).

The septic tank is often not visible -- it would generally be dug to access every so often for cleanout. Its location would be known by the installer and hopefully by the homeowner, and location of the house plumbing could help locate it, but it's often covered over completely except while being serviced, so I doubt we could locate it from listing photos or google aerials. Let's just hope that LE inspected it.

MOO

Probably not relevant here BUT in March 2015, 5 year old Noah Thomas, went missing not far from me. He was found a few days later in the septic tank of the rental home he lived in. It had an "easy access" lid that was above ground. His cause of death was hypothermia and drowning so he was alive when he went in....

A LOT of speculation as to how he got in that tank. A huge amount of injustice (if you ask me) surrounding that whole case. It was the case that resparked my interest in true crime.

Our septic tank is completely covered but I think it is becoming more popular around our area when building new homes to install an easy access.

NMRW/CR covenant?

_

I wouldn't buy a home for 1.75 millions, If I'm not allowed to change, what I want to change. Never ever! Okay, the colour I would accept. Doesn't matter, if there is no painted colour but only raw stones. :rolleyes:;)

Trying to find people she communicated with, someone they suspect is sitting on information.
I can understand, if somebody of Suzanne's friends is still sitting on information. The friends, I believe, are in the dark re Suzanne's real fate and maybe are hoping, that she suddenly returns to her home alive and well. So they didn't want to blab her secrets, which she has entrusted to them once in the past. They don't know, whether it would harm her or whether it would help to find her. They even don't know, if she wants to be found, considering perhaps certain circumstances in the past.

I can understand, if somebody of Suzanne's friends is still sitting on information. The friends, I believe, are in the dark re Suzanne's real fate and maybe are hoping, that she suddenly returns to her home alive and well. So they didn't want to blab her secrets, which she has entrusted to them once in the past. They don't know, whether it would harm her or whether it would help to find her. They even don't know, if she wants to be found, considering perhaps certain circumstances in the past.

Afraid to get "get someone in trouble."

Afraid to get BM, Suzanne, or daughters in trouble?

Yes.
MOO There was an older vehicle was available I think. Have no idea if all tbe vehicles parked at PP were forensically searched
Would have been clever, if he didn't park this vehicle at his residence, but gave it back to it's owner immediately (IF he didn't own it himself).
ETA: Incriminating at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
@coastal said:
What does hydraulic oil smell like, if you know? TIA

You probably smell getting on an airplane. That's the best I can explain it.
^^ bbm

When oil or hydraulic fluid contaminates the air supply system, you will notice an unpleasant and unusual smell (“fumes”). Oil fumes are often described as smelling like “dirty socks,” or as being musty, moldy, or foul.

How to Recognize and Respond to Fumes Onboard.

Isn't this just a little far-fetched? This is a Kubota loader with a Land Pride post hole auger attachment........BM doesn't own either and the nearest dealer for them is Monte Vista Co-op Equipment which is 85 miles away. IMO

Kubota by Land Pride | Land Pride
Bobcat and several other brands Kubota being a good one have this kind of attachment. Post Hole Auger, we own one , you can dig a hole in caliche rock in about 30 seconds. We have no idea what BM owns in way of equipment and attachments. We certainly have no idea what his friends and associates have in their equipment yards. My thoughts are this pic was an example per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23