Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t call her an influencer. She was more like an unpaid Instagram model. She was good at it, but from what I’ve learned, she was more so just deep in an MLM aka pyramid scheme. That’s how she was a business lady. She wasn’t your average influencers. Influencer influencers get sponsored posts, are sent PR packages and free products, offer promo codes, have brand deals, all that jazz. They get paid more with more followers. That’s how they can afford their luxe apartments, fancy clothes, vacations etc. You can really only make so much in an MLM...you might get vacations sometimes but I wonder what her husband does because she appears to be living a really fancy life...but she’s not making Influencer Money. More followers/engagement, more money for influencers. I don’t think MLMs work that way. I honestly have a great deal of respect and admiration for her, she worked hard on her feed and building her brand but she wasn’t really making money doing it like influencers do. Which means she actually LOVED doing it. It was an actual passion of hers. She was working her butt off because she loved what she was doing.
Though. If I were her, I know I’d sometimes feel stuck...she was probably approached by a quite a few companies and businesses but had to turn them down. JMO but I think being in an abusive relationship can make someone unhappy, maybe she felt stifled because in her monat contract.

Jmo

I do not support MLM but I have a friend, like real life friend who I talk to, that is in the Million Dollar Monat club. I have seen her paychecks before. She makes 7 figures a year selling Monat products. Now I’m not saying this is the norm, but based on what I have combed thru on Alexis’s social media accounts, I could believe she was making $10k a month. It really all depends on how much of a hustler you are.

This is coming from someone who would never buy MLM or sign up to do one, but I know for a fact that there’s money to be made.

I do not support MLM but I have a friend, like real life friend who I talk to, that is in the Million Dollar Monat club. I have seen her paychecks before. She makes 7 figures a year selling Monat products. Now I’m not saying this is the norm, but based on what I have combed thru on Alexis’s social media accounts, I could believe she was making $10k a month. It really all depends on how much of a hustler you are.

This is coming from someone who would never buy MLM or sign up to do one, but I know for a fact that there’s money to be made.
Oh my lord, that’s a lot of money. I eat my words!!!!

I’ve been following this case since right after she was found. Like some of you, I don’t think the fence hopping/getting into a car scenario is plausible. Not weighing in on what that’s about. It’s just that these scenarios always involve a just suddenly event where he/she cleared a fence or a gate and left in a car with a third party. Who does that?

Last edited:
Would she be renting an apartmat at that rate of income? Houses in Texas are well within the means of someone making that kind of money, or anything way less than that....
Some people like the ease of apartment living, especially if traveling a lot. She may have been saving or envisioned life somewhere else and didn’t want to put down roots. But you are correct, housing is fairly affordable in Houston, especially at that income level.

ETA: I found this which should be about right for the apartment. My stepson rents in the Galleria area and pays around this rate for a similar style apartment:
The Grove at Wilcrest Apartments - Houston, TX | Apartments.com

Last edited:
The end of Red Haw street backs up to the reservoir and there is a paved hiking/biking path that could easily access the spot where she was found. The path also can be accessed on foot by walking from the Grove on Wilcrest. There was a girl, early 20's, found shot on the path about a year ago, although I can't remember her name. There have actually been a few murders/bodies dumped there over the last decade. I rode that trail at night once with my daughter and felt a bit nervous and decided I would not do it again unless armed.

Tox needed.
Phone pings needed.
Camera footage needed.
DNA on body needed.
COD needed.
CSI needs to look in apt.

Very little to go on presently, and of course that is fine, LE needs that info, not me. I hope they are getting a lot of info.

Bringing forward latest posts from the media thread:

Timeline
Alexis Sharkey: What we know happened before Houston influencer's death
snipped
Saturday, Nov. 28

Around 8 a.m., a City of Houston public works employee driving in the 1000 block of Red Haw, near the Katy Freeway and Eldridge Parkway, saw feet in the bushes, HPD detectives say.

That's when a naked woman's body was discovered. The woman, believed to be in her 20s, had no visible injuries.

Authorities said they believe her body had been there overnight
---
On this same day, Sharkey's mom, Stacey Robinault, posted on Facebook that Sharkey was missing. Robinault said she found out about Sharkey's disappearance through her son-in-law, Tom Sharkey.

Tom said he hadn't heard from her since Friday.

"We were notified on Saturday that she was missing by her husband," Robinault said. "(He) called us up to let us know, and that's when, of course, any parent goes into full panic mode."
---

Sunday, Nov. 29

Robinault first spoke to ABC13 on Sunday, saying that her daughter went missing two days prior.

Robinault, who lives in northwestern Pennsylvania, explained that she had not spoken with her daughter since just before Thanksgiving. She said the two were discussing Christmas plans on Wednesday.

Sadly by Sunday night, Robinault's worst fear came to pass. She posted again on Facebook, this time announcing that her daughter's body had been found.

Monday, Nov. 30

Houston police confirmed Monday morning that the body found over the weekend was that of Sharkey.

Robinault spoke to ABC13 again, saying she believes her daughter was murdered.

"I do. I do believe she was murdered. Yes. From what I've been able to gather as well as a mother's gut. I learned very young as a mom to trust my gut. It's not let me down," said Robinault.

---
Later Monday, ABC13 spoke to some of Sharkey's close friends, who revealed she mentioned fearing for her safety before she died.

The discussion between Sharkey and a friend happened about a month ago during their trip to Marfa, Texas.

"She confided in me that night ... she's petrified," a friend said. "This girl is scared for her life."

"A preliminary autopsy on the body of Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey did not rule out foul play in her death, officials in Texas confirmed Wednesday.

Final results from the autopsy are still pending, but a spokesperson for the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences says the possibility of foul play still exists in this case."

Foul Play Not Ruled Out in Influencer's Death, as Friend Says She Was 'Scared for Her Life'

The medical examiner is going to play a key role, and that (autopsy) will tell us a lot,” Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo told the Chronicle on Tuesday evening. “We always start in these matters casting a wide net as if it’s a homicide, because you want to start with a wide net and not play catch up later on.”

He added: “We’re going to leave no stone unturned to get to the facts and the truth, but we can’t let social media drive the narrative and we can’t let speculation drive the narrative.”

Acevedo declined to release further details, saying it could jeopardize the investigation.

Friends, family mourn social media influencer with Bradford ties found dead in Houston

‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
snipped
‘None of us have been able to grieve’: Alexis Sharkey’s friends seek answer in death of social media influencer
Bill Barajas, Reporter

Published: December 3, 2020, 8:56 pm
Turnbow said she first became aware of Sharkey’s disappearance the night before her body was found when her boyfriend received a call from Tom Sharkey, Alexis Sharkey’s husband.

“He just said, you know, ‘Lex, she left the house. We got into an argument. I don’t know what’s going on. Can you have the girls reach out to me?’” Turnbow said.

Turnbow said Alexis Sharkey’s body was found not long after that phone call.

The Harris County Medical Examiner said that it is still working to determine how Alexis Sharkey died. Investigators have said there were no visible wounds.

Turnbow said a memorial scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled to allow law enforcement a chance to fully investigate the case.
More at link

Oh my lord, that’s a lot of money. I eat my words!!!!

The last page of the Monat compensation plan shows their ‘Statement of Typical Participant Earnings’. Monat appear to have gone out of their way to give us a little information as possible.

They tell us that if you reach the rank of MMB with Monat, then you can expect annual earnings of between $22, and $1,188. Even at the top of that range, Managing Market Builders earn less than $100 per month.” Can You Make Money With Monat — The Finance Guy

While a direct connection to multi level marketing is unlikely, for instance, a downline individual who is frustrated acting out against the company through the person that recruited them, domestic bliss can often be upset when a lack of success is encountered in multi level marketing. Could it be that there was a discrepancy between ones online Instagram success and how much money was actually being generated for the household? I have read about families being torn apart by MLMs.
imo

Last edited:
@gitana1 so very sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet kitty. Our furry kids burrow deep in our hearts and provide so much joy and their loss is keenly felt. I hope the pain subsides and the happy memories stay forever.

None of the following is victim blaming, simply observations that *could* say something. Or maybe not. Just things that stood out.

I perused her IG early this morning. I found it odd there was no big engagement announcement or wedding announcement or pictures. Maybe they were stories and thus not available anymore??!! She had gushed over a friends wedding pics a couple years ago so I would expect her to share her own.

It appears she worked at a bar/restaurant at around the time she met TS. They had theme weeks and Outfits like Hooters.

<modsnip>

She mentioned stopping drinking earlier this year. She talked about how she noticed in her pictures she always had a drink (I noticed that right away) and that it was a habit. She was doing a 75 day program and had been reading a book about it. She did say she would probably go back to drinking at times, but wanted to be done with it every day and at all meals when they went out, every night, etc.

I agree about her not being an influencer. She was in an MLM and was basically advertising for that. Her IG followers weren’t that many and she didn’t endorse or do anything beyond her MLM.

All IMO, MOO, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members