Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

I live not too far from the site where WJD was found and have revisited searches for info on her over the years.

With the release of the info about the pollen on her clothing a few years ago (mountain hemlock and cedar), I started looking at maps and searched the Arboretum's info. Of their two mountain hemlocks, one was planted in 1967 and is in an area of the Arboretum that is very close to Centre Street.

Take Centre St north for about 2 miles and Forbes St intersects. Forbes St of course is where the 15 yr old missing girl named Jasmine or Jassy allegedly lived.

Now, heading back to the Arboretum, the area of Centre St near the location of the hemlock intersects with Arborway. Which is a direct route to Forest Hills Cemetery - about 2 miles east. Across the street from the cemetery is Lemuel Shattuck Hospital.

The grass seed bag covering her head and the van spotted at the scene have always struck me as "groundskeeper." Who else would use 25 lb bags of grass seed? Seems the like a cemetery groundskeeper would have the occasion to use grass seed very frequently?

Plus the site where her body was found is right outside Lorraine Park Cemetary. Lorraine Park and Forest Hills were both established in the 1800s. The location of Lorraine Park, while not completely obscure, is still a little off the beaten path. Seems like it had to have been chosen specifically, not just a random place the killer drove by and thought "this looks like a good place as any." Maybe this is all a coincidence.

Everyone has always made a big deal about the thorazine in her system and wanted to link her to a mental institution. But kids liked to do drugs in the '70s, as they still do. What if her rapist/killer is someone who asked her to come party - do some qualudes, whatever. But instead gave her the psychiatric meds knowing it would knock her the heck out. Maybe he had a hospital connection or knew someone who took thorazine.

The keys safety-pinned in her pocket is the detail that has always struck me. That's something I used to do as a teenager when I wanted to sneak out and travel light. The one key has always been called the key to a "night latch." If you've ever lived in an old house, you might know what that is - it's essentially a rim-lock. Meaning the whole lock/latch mechanism is attached to the door and the doorjamb - not built into the door like modern locks and doorknobs. Many of the residences on Forbes St were built between the late 1800s and 1910-ish. Definitely the kind of properties that would have doors with night latches.

So my theory is that she snuck out (or just went out for the evening) on Friday, Sept 10 or Saturday the 11th. She walked down Centre St and met someone near the Arboretum. That person (or persons) drugged, raped and killed her.

Then, either planned or spur of the moment, they drove south for as long as they could. Let's assume they needed to be back in Boston by a certain time the evening of the 12th or for work on the 13th. They looked at a map (or maybe had been to Baltimore before or had connections) and chose a cemetery to dump her body.

The frustrating thing is not being able to pin down a last name for her. Assuming her family was from Puerto Rico, I started searching Hispanic names on Forbes St. However, there was a pretty big influx of folks from latin America to that area of Boston during the mid-'60s to early-'70s so there are many potential last names.

My property records search of Forbes St shows the longest current resident as arriving in 1986. Just like any urban area, I assume the properties have changed hands many times over the past 40+ yrs. Also looks like a number of the residences are large multi-family bldgs. Her family may have been renters.

Edited: I had said a "white van" was spotted. I'm actually not sure if that's right and can't find my source where it was mention.

Last edited:
hi Steviecake - I like where you are going with your post, except that she was killed in Maryland after moving from Boston.

Do you think the authorities should share the photo with oversea countries like Colombia and Portugal( especially Madeira and the Azores)?

On the "better quality photograph" on NAMUS, has the photo been retouched, or did a mortician apply makeup to conceal her wounds? It kind of looks like the latter. Just wondering because the two PM photos look vastly different. If the image was retouched, maybe the commonly associated image of her isn't very accurate?

Do you think the authorities should share the photo with oversea countries like Colombia and Portugal( especially Madeira and the Azores)?
My theory is that she might have been a worker at the hospital who may have been abducted while strolling through the garden. The person doing the abduction or rape or murder could have been involved in landscaping. The keys found could have belonged to the perpetrator and could have been for a storage unit or shed. This could be the reason why no one has looked for the victim, her family could have been overseas . Hope this makes sense.

I live not too far from the site where WJD was found and have revisited searches for info on her over the years.

With the release of the info about the pollen on her clothing a few years ago (mountain hemlock and cedar), I started looking at maps and searched the Arboretum's info. Of their two mountain hemlocks, one was planted in 1967 and is in an area of the Arboretum that is very close to Centre Street.

Take Centre St north for about 2 miles and Forbes St intersects. Forbes St of course is where the 15 yr old missing girl named Jasmine or Jassy allegedly lived.

Now, heading back to the Arboretum, the area of Centre St near the location of the hemlock intersects with Arborway. Which is a direct route to Forest Hills Cemetery - about 2 miles east. Across the street from the cemetery is Lemuel Shattuck Hospital.

The grass seed bag covering her head and the van spotted at the scene have always struck me as "groundskeeper." Who else would use 25 lb bags of grass seed? Seems the like a cemetery groundskeeper would have the occasion to use grass seed very frequently?

Plus the site where her body was found is right outside Lorraine Park Cemetary. Lorraine Park and Forest Hills were both established in the 1800s. The location of Lorraine Park, while not completely obscure, is still a little off the beaten path. Seems like it had to have been chosen specifically, not just a random place the killer drove by and thought "this looks like a good place as any." Maybe this is all a coincidence.

Everyone has always made a big deal about the thorazine in her system and wanted to link her to a mental institution. But kids liked to do drugs in the '70s, as they still do. What if her rapist/killer is someone who asked her to come party - do some qualudes, whatever. But instead gave her the psychiatric meds knowing it would knock her the heck out. Maybe he had a hospital connection or knew someone who took thorazine.

The keys safety-pinned in her pocket is the detail that has always struck me. That's something I used to do as a teenager when I wanted to sneak out and travel light. The one key has always been called the key to a "night latch." If you've ever lived in an old house, you might know what that is - it's essentially a rim-lock. Meaning the whole lock/latch mechanism is attached to the door and the doorjamb - not built into the door like modern locks and doorknobs. Many of the residences on Forbes St were built between the late 1800s and 1910-ish. Definitely the kind of properties that would have doors with night latches.

So my theory is that she snuck out (or just went out for the evening) on Friday, Sept 10 or Saturday the 11th. She walked down Centre St and met someone near the Arboretum. That person (or persons) drugged, raped and killed her.

Then, either planned or spur of the moment, they drove south for as long as they could. Let's assume they needed to be back in Boston by a certain time the evening of the 12th or for work on the 13th. They looked at a map (or maybe had been to Baltimore before or had connections) and chose a cemetery to dump her body.

The frustrating thing is not being able to pin down a last name for her. Assuming her family was from Puerto Rico, I started searching Hispanic names on Forbes St. However, there was a pretty big influx of folks from latin America to that area of Boston during the mid-'60s to early-'70s so there are many potential last names.

My property records search of Forbes St shows the longest current resident as arriving in 1986. Just like any urban area, I assume the properties have changed hands many times over the past 40+ yrs. Also looks like a number of the residences are large multi-family bldgs. Her family may have been renters.

Edited: I had said a "white van" was spotted. I'm actually not sure if that's right and can't find my source where it was mention.

This is interesting, but I'm not sure she was from that area, can I direct you to john/jane doe member as some one who might have other suggestions? I want her identified too, she went through so much and I think you are right that the drug was administered by killer, a sort of pre rape drugging as we now know them. The killer was ahead of his time in that sense, so had some idea of how they (the drugs) worked, would affect someone, and what would be best to use for his purposes, medical training would be indicated. The hospital was local and psychiatric nurses might well have been male?
See what you think?

On the "better quality photograph" on NAMUS, has the photo been retouched, or did a mortician apply makeup to conceal her wounds? It kind of looks like the latter. Just wondering because the two PM photos look vastly different. If the image was retouched, maybe the commonly associated image of her isn't very accurate?
From what I can gather, her images were pre burial, as in prepared for burial by undertaker.

Yes, I strongly agree!
If memory serves me, I think the sheet she was found wrapped in was hospital grade/quality. Am not sure about that but it would support the idea, seed sacks, well she was the one with the connection to seeds, maybe it belonged to her?

Hello guys, @john/ Jane Doe suggested that our UID could be Barbara G. Glueckert – The Charley Project
Yes, but I've kind of discounted that poor girl, woodlawn jane doe had a specific substance in her system not related to the items this man was reported to be handing out, timing is near but not enough to be right. If the suspect's letter is to be believed then he says he buried her body, this guy wasn't bothered about things like that.

I agree they look different . One thing that sticks out to me is that the reconstruction has a pronounced widows peak as the other does not. I did noticed that the girl has a lot of baby hairs on her forehead that would be noticeable in person. She also looks to have had very thick hair. Not that this changes anything but something I noticed.

Just wondering, does @othram have her case on their list? I’m pretty sure that the funding will be done in a few days!

Genealogy will solve her case! And lead to justice!

Just a thought, but I get a weird feeling that this was not an isolated case, as if more people were involved. Especially with the handmade mask out of the one bandana and the intricate knots. I also think that there is a connection with the asylum, maybe she was a patient that was discharged at one point or was a hitchiker, where the hospital worker took her captive and even branded her with "JP". This case seems so easy to solve, but there must be more to it and perhaps more people involved.

Woodlawn Jane Doe was really one of the first, perhaps the first Jane Doe case I took a real interest in years ago.
I remember I attempted to submit a woman as a potential match for her as well. Even today I recognize it as a strech that it could be this individual. Much because it is likely her husband might have ended her life.

Anyhow; I am here to comment on the tattoo. I genuinely do not see letters when I see this tattoo.
I see an upside down "5" and a bird.

upload_2021-3-1_12-23-4.pngtatttobird (2).png
Swallows and doves were popular as mid-century tattoos weren't they?

upload_2021-3-1_12-23-44.png
Upside down number 5. Maybe a small g?

Commentary on her hairline.
As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, she has some very visible babyhair on the sides of her forehead. This is very common in southern-european countries, middle eastern, south asian, and southern american countries. Usually related to thick dark hair. Which she certainly had. People with finer hair will normally not have as much, or as visible. I don't know if it became more visible because of anything the mortician did to make her look presentable

Onto what I started with, the woman I submitted back then, for consideration, did not match Woodlawn Doe on reported height. It was however the facial and hairline similarities that got to me. Even if she was missing long before Woodlawn Doe died.

Henrietta Geck Cruz Avila
upload_2021-3-1_12-55-10.png
Went missing in 1960 at age 17. If she died the same year as Woodlawn Doe she would have been aprox 32. Jane doe is estimated between 15 to 30. And that is "aproximated" according to the wiki page.
Height wise she is listed as: 5'0'' so not a match to Jane Doe on that.

So now we get to her story, Henrietta disappeared 06/01/1960, and allegedly left her husband. The family got a telegram that said Henrietta. Followed by a phone call from a call phone, and eventually before christmas one year, someone dumped a suitcase with her clothing/items outside on the family's driveway.
img

Her husband claim she was suffering with some psychological problems and left him to go east. Some other background on Henrietta's family. They were very religious, and perhaps she just picked up everything and left, finding that "this life was not for her." Wanting to be free. If I was a young hispanic woman wanting to start a new life, I'd head to somewhere there are already a hispanic community, such as New York, Boston, etc.

Despite the height difference that was a hard obstacle to get past, I remember I reported her because she has one very unique feature that Jane Doe also has.

"She has a measles scar between her eyebrows."

To take a close up from Woodlawn Jane Doe here:
upload_2021-3-1_13-7-19.png
Not sure anyone can tell without zooming in, but she has a very round mark on the bridge of her nose, and a smaller one further up as well, which also appears round.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back