Identified! MS - Pascagoula, WhtFem Child 45UFMS "Delta Dawn", 1-3, Dog River @I-10, Dec'82 - Alisha Heinrich

Back to what I was saying about the woman and the baby; I don’t think it was a coincidence that a woman with a baby (similar to Aisha) would be standing alone late at night/early in the morning, and the next day a similar baby be found. What are the odds? Also I am sorry if this question is offensive, but does anyone believe Gwendolyn could still be alive? I honestly have a great deal of doubt about it.

*Speculation only.*

Gwen had family she could return to. They would have welcomed her right back. She did not leave them on bad terms. She had a support system. If she were alive she would have found a way to contact them. No matter where she moved, or traveled she always wrote her sister letters and called. With that said, investigators asked the public to help them search for any Jane Doe who may fit her description. There has been no trace of her since 1982. No sightings, social security number usage, no jobs, or medical bills.

Also, this is public record if you go and pull the original news releases from the local paper...
the first call came in to LE that there was a woman floating in the pascagoula river. In 1982 the body of water baby Jane was found in was called the Escatawpa river. On maps now it shows that all of the river that runs under the both the long bridge and the Escatawpa river bridge (smaller bridge by weigh station) are the Escatawpa River. Back in 1982, the body of water under the long bridge was widely called the Pascagoula river.
These two bridges are at least a mile apart or more. Could Gwen have been in the other much larger body of water near the long bridge? The amount of Marsh mixed with small channels under the long bridge make it so easy to miss even the biggest item floating. The way they were walking was West, back across MS coming from Alabama/Florida. Did the “friend/BF” finally catch up with her? Possibly.

If she was in the water and was not found, it would be almost impossible to find any trace now. With dozens of Hurricanes (Especially Katrina), and floods that area has washed through so many times.

If it would make it easier to understand the area, later I can use a map to show the bridges and water ways. Or perhaps @folieadeuxnola can help me explain the area a little better. She is much better at that than I am.

Attachments

• 749526BE-AB9C-4F7D-8417-284C8A8BF65A.jpeg
    749526BE-AB9C-4F7D-8417-284C8A8BF65A.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 14
As you say, the multiple hurricanes in the past four decades mean Gwen won't be found. But at least her family have Alisha.

As you say, the multiple hurricanes in the past four decades mean Gwen won't be found. But at least her family have Alisha.

If that was her in the water and she didn’t wash ashore anywhere... if she wasn’t in the water or washed ashore she would be a Jane Doe somewhere.

But, yes you are right. They have Alisha and they are very happy about that.

If that was her in the water and she didn’t wash ashore anywhere... if she wasn’t in the water or washed ashore she would be a Jane Doe somewhere.

I am glad they found Alisha too. I really hope they keep her buried in Mississippi, though, because the town has always made sure her grave was well kept. :)

Yeah, I agree with you, Sam. If they haven’t found her yet, they probably won’t...especially with all of the hurricanes down here since 1982. Poor girl. She was only a few years older than me too. Just a kid.

I realise that this might be an unpopular opinion, but is it entirely possible that Alisha was not murdered? Gwendolyn (or someone else) might have rolled over her in their sleep. If Gwendolyn was the woman on the bridge, if she was carrying Alisha's body then she may have been worrying about what to do next. It may also explain why she hasn't contacted her family, if she is still alive.

I realise that this might be an unpopular opinion, but is it entirely possible that Alisha was not murdered? Gwendolyn (or someone else) might have rolled over her in their sleep. If Gwendolyn was the woman on the bridge, if she was carrying Alisha's body then she may have been worrying about what to do next. It may also explain why she hasn't contacted her family, if she is still alive.

Didn't the autopsy give Alisha's cause of death as drowning, though?

I thought that it said that she was smothered.

iirc her cause of death was ruled as drowning, but smothering couldn't be ruled out. Doenetwork at one point stated that she had water in her lungs (from post #48) which usually suggests drowning.

The woman (likely Gwendolyn) was seen by and spoke to several drivers. I feel like at least one of them would definitely notice if the child she was carrying appeared to be dead. None of them reported anything strange about the toddler as far as I know.

iirc her cause of death was ruled as drowning, but smothering couldn't be ruled out. Doenetwork at one point stated that she had water in her lungs (from post #48) which usually suggests drowning.

The woman (likely Gwendolyn) was seen by and spoke to several drivers. I feel like at least one of them would definitely notice if the child she was carrying appeared to be dead. None of them reported anything strange about the toddler as far as I know.

I believe it was said that there had been an apparent attempt at smothering (although I do not believe details have been released about how this was known) but that she was alive when she entered the river, as she had inhaled water.

I believe it was said that there had been an apparent attempt at smothering (although I do not believe details have been released about how this was known) but that she was alive when she entered the river, as she had inhaled water.
Perhaps Gwendolyn believed that Alisha was dead when the girl's body was thrown into the river. Maybe Alisha would have had a chance if Gwendolyn or whomsoever threw her in had not done so.

‘Delta Dawn’ infant identified: Mystery of child found in river in 1982 solved; mother still missing

Here’s the AL.com article with a photo of Alisha’s gravestone in it (that I took). There’s going to be another article coming out soon that I will link when the times comes :)

Also, I’m going to include another photo that I took. My mom wanted me to get Alisha and the unidentified baby next to her “Christmas-themed” flowers. The picture of both of the graves was too big so here’s a picture of just Alisha’s :)

Attachments

• BDF7A7C6-3D5C-4D76-9023-017EF6F53A2F.jpeg
    BDF7A7C6-3D5C-4D76-9023-017EF6F53A2F.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 66
‘Delta Dawn’ infant identified: Mystery of child found in river in 1982 solved; mother still missing

Here’s the AL.com article with a photo of Alisha’s gravestone in it (that I took). There’s going to be another article coming out soon that I will link when the times comes :)

Also, I’m going to include another photo that I took. My mom wanted me to get Alisha and the unidentified baby next to her “Christmas-themed” flowers. The picture of both of the graves was too big so here’s a picture of just Alisha’s :)
Thank you will never be enough, but thank you! <3

This was one of the first cases I followed when I got involved with unidentified persons cases back in 2014 or 2015. I've have known about this case since 2011. I can't believe that she has been identified. Rest in peace Alisha Ann Heinrich.

Thank you for this! Do you know if we have a thread for the other baby doe interned next to her?

I don’t think so! I just looked but I can’t find one. She’s next on my list to exhume and work with. She has an unidentified wiki and it lists her as “Liza” but my mom and I have been calling her “Molly”. I also care for her grave (and the lady next to them because she has no family) and she recently got Christmas flowers too. There is a ditch next to their gravestones that I desperately need to clean up and weed because it is heavily overgrown!

When I came across her several years ago I had nicknamed her Little Liza Jane. That maybe where the name is coming from unsure. I have all of the news media information on her if it would help and if anyone needs it. I believe were referring to the same one UP14825 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Mary Jane or Molly Jane is better than Liza. I hate Liza Manelli.

Thank you for this! Do you know if we have a thread for the other baby doe interned next to her?
When I came across her several years ago I had nicknamed her Little Liza Jane. That maybe where the name is coming from unsure. I have all of the news media information on her if it would help and if anyone needs it. I believe were referring to the same one UP14825 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Yes, that’s her! She’s the baby buried next to Alisha. We should definitely make a thread for her here.
...aaaaand I just did! Baby Liza's WS thread:
MS - MS - Jackson County, WhtFem Child UP14825, "Baby Liza", 3-5 weeks old, in Pascagoula river, Jun'88

(just re-read your posts and I'm sorry if I messed up her nickname :()

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back