UK, Scotland & Ireland - Coronavirus COVID-19

Found this link that tracks hospitalizations and ventilator numbers.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK

Patients admitted
Daily
651Value: 651 — Abstract information: Daily number of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital, reported on Thursday, 8 October 2020.
Click for additional details.

Total
148,118Value: 148118 — Abstract information: Cumulative total number of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital, reported on Thursday, 8 October 2020.

Patients in hospital
3,837Value: 3837 — Abstract information: Number of COVID-19 patients currently in hospital, reported on Thursday, 8 October 2020.

Patients on ventilation

I have found another useful report on flu numbers. It also include those with flu and coronavirus. Parking here for easy future access.

Weekly national flu reports: 2019 to 2020 season

Outbreak Reporting 817 acute respiratory outbreaks have been reported in week 39 in the UK. 153 outbreaks were from care homes where 96 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. 306 outbreaks were from educational settings where 210 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. 30 outbreaks were from hospitals where 28 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. 4 outbreak was from prisons where 3 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. 207 outbreaks were from workplace settings where 144 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. 34 outbreaks were from food outlet/restaurants where 25 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. 83 outbreaks were from the Other Settings category where 45 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.

My summary Flu/CV
Care homes 153/96
Educational settings 306/210
Hospitals 30/28
Prisons 4/3
Workplace 207/144
Food outlets/restaurants 34/25
Other 83/45
Total 817/551

Last edited:
Covid in the UK: Need some help with all the new rules?

Local leaders in very high risk areas can add their own extra restrictions, so keep an eye on what your local authority is saying to make sure you're sticking to all the rules.

_114938807_covid_tier_alert_system_england_v6_640_4x-nc.png

In the next couple of weeks, Scotland is planning to adopt a similar, multi-tiered system to England. Northern Ireland has entered a so-called "circuit-breaker" (see below for an attempted definition) with a blanket closure of pubs, restaurants and cafes to sit-in customers. Schools will be shut for at least two weeks by lengthening the half-term holiday. Wales could face similar measures as soon as Monday, as officials use the weekend to mull over a "fire-break" period.

More at link.

England to enter new lockdown; UK virus cases pass 1 million | Xfinity

LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Saturday announced a new month-long lockdown for England after being warned that without tough action a resurgent coronavirus outbreak will overwhelm hospitals in weeks.

On the day the U.K. passed 1 million confirmed COVID-19 cases, Johnson made a sudden about-face and confirmed that stringent restrictions on business and daily life would begin Thursday and last until Dec. 2.

He said at a televised news conference that “no responsible prime minister” could ignore the grim figures...

Prince William tested positive for coronavirus in April, British media reporting

Unlike his father, Prince Charles, who announced a positive Covid-19 test in March, William, 38, kept his diagnosis secret.

LONDON — Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, who is second in line to the British throne, tested positive for the coronavirus in April, British media reported Sunday.

Reached by NBC News on Sunday night, Kensington Palace, the prince's official residence, did not confirm or deny the reports. The Sun, a British tabloid, first reported the diagnosis, citing an unnamed Kensington Palace source...

Britain becomes first to roll out clinically approved BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine (nbcnews.com)

"It's the best early birthday present I could wish for," said the vaccine's first recipient, Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 next week.

LONDON — At 6.31 a.m. on Tuesday, 334 days after the first reported Covid-19 death in China, Margaret Keenan, 90, became the first person in the world to receive a clinically approved vaccine.

It was a landmark moment in the global fight against the most destructive pandemic in 100 years. In approving and delivering the BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine, Britain is forging a path that will likely be followed by the United States and Europe in the coming weeks.

"I feel so privileged to be the first person vaccinated against Covid-19," said Keenan, who was given the vaccine at University Hospital in Coventry, a city northwest of London...

Last edited:
Britain becomes first to roll out clinically approved BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine (nbcnews.com)

"It's the best early birthday present I could wish for," said the vaccine's first recipient, Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 next week.

LONDON — At 6.31 a.m. on Tuesday, 334 days after the first reported Covid-19 death in China, Margaret Keenan, 90, became the first person in the world to receive a clinically approved vaccine.

It was a landmark moment in the global fight against the most destructive pandemic in 100 years. In approving and delivering the BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine, Britain is forging a path that will likely be followed by the United States and Europe in the coming weeks.

"I feel so privileged to be the first person vaccinated against Covid-19," said Keenan, who was given the vaccine at University Hospital in Coventry, a city northwest of London...

Margaret "Aunty Marg" Keenan is my great aunt on my father's side. She's such a wonderful lady, I'm so proud of her for today.

She's home now and doing well!

Margaret "Aunty Marg" Keenan is my great aunt on my father's side. She's such a wonderful lady, I'm so proud of her for today.

She's home now and doing well!

I fell in love with her watching her get her vaccination and talking about it afterwards, she looks such a lovely lady! I loved her outfit, and today the BBC has stories about the charity Christmas T-shirt she was wearing getting lots of sales from the publicity of her wearing it for her vaccination! So there's another success from it as well!

That's great, chimpface! Congrats to Aunty Marg, and looking forward to her getting the second part. Thanks for her contribution to hopefully soon having the worst of this virus behind us.

Thank you guys for your messages :)

I was so happy with how well she came across as she's such a wonderful lady and she's lived through some hard times, she never let's anything phase her! She's so amazing for her age, I saw her early this year just before disaster struck and I didn't even know her age, I couldn't believe it when my dad told me! She hasn't aged a day in the last 15 years even since my uncle Phil passed.

It's been a strange 24 hours, even down to happening across interviews with cousins and other family members from Ireland being broadcast :eek:

@Ironside

She'd been on and off the ward at Cov Uni Hospital for the last two weeks not feeling right and having breathing difficulties but she was feeling better and due to go home anyway. The hospital asked her specifically to be the first but I'm not sure why, she obviously fit the age criteria but not sure who made the decision! My dad's cousin text him Monday morning to say she was going to be the first and it would be on the news as they were there filming but we didn't know the first in the world nor quite how big of a deal it would be! Aunt Marg is taking it all in her stride of course but her daughter (dad's cousin) is a bit overwhelmed!

@CoverMeCagney

Of course she can! :D

@Amonet

I didn't hear that about the t-shirt and charity but that's brilliant!

Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart, I'm so happy she seems to have given every body a bit of hope that this nightmare is finally ending!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back