Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we figure out the truth about what night the elderly neighbor heard the noise? I believe that the interview said that MG “thought” she heard Barry’s truck. I would assume if he left town at 4 instead of 5 or 5:30 that he claims LE knows this. It feels off to me for Barry to say he left at 5 instead of 4. Why not just say he left at 4 a.m.? That is just one thing that has bothered me in the MG claims.

BBM:

SABBM:

Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew says police ‘screwed this whole thing up’ and are now trying to ‘blame it on me’ | News Break

Suzanne’s husband admitted to one inconsistency in early police interviews. The substance of the apparent inconsistency has not been made public.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” Barry Morphew said.

As to the question of WHY BM would get his times wrong, I'm sure we can all think of some pretty compelling reasons for him to fudge his timeline.

Personally, I ain't losing any sleep over MG's statements.

It's BM's claims that I find most troubling.

JMO.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought that MG said that apparently Barry went shopping in town on Saturday afternoon. Not that she saw him. I do however remember that the male crew member who gave the interview stated that he talked with Barry in town on Saturday afternoon. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Having a hard time right now. Lost a dear friend to covid this morning. Hard day.

I'm sorry for your loss.

We all want justice for Suzanne and the respect of her proper burial.

The reality is that I'm getting impatient. SM has been missing for seven months and on the surface, we (the public) can't see and aren't aware of any recent efforts to find her or the person/s responsible for her disappearance. Her brother launched a huge search with very few publicly announced leads. On the surface the investigation appears to have gone silent.

On the upside, Linda Stanley was just elected as the new 11th Judaical District DA. She will be responsible for bringing charges and prosecuting Suzanne's case. She takes office in January 2021. Understandably, she will want to coordinate her own investigation into the facts of the case. One bite at the Apple.

I hope Linda Stanley will have the full support of the CCSO.

IMO, it will sadly be a no body case, much more difficult to prosecute. Recently though, remember CO did successfully prosecute Patrick Frazee...

Last edited:
I'd be sticking them up again all over town, every town the 'disappearer' is likely to visit so they are all he sees..
In every shop, filling station, supermarket ..all of it again and again, using different photographs from differing time frames..
(I'm spiteful, like that)
A very young boy disappeared into thin air in our Provincial capital city in 1991 on a beautiful Spring day at the ballfield where his family and friends were playing. He has never been found. No clues. His missing posters were still in store windows over 15 years later. I have always said that before I die I would like to know what happened to this sweet boy and also the real story behind Princess Diana's death. There are some missing people and stories you just cannot shake. Suzanne's is one of them..

BBM:

Frankly, that's just plain irritating.

Stating that the CCSO "took down" the tip line info was flat out misleading.

This isn't the only cheap, backhanded shot that LS has taken at LE lately.

I ain't a fan.

Where's Sam Kramer when you need him?

Sam was never snarky toward LE.

Just saying.

JMO.

LS has more inside information than any poster on this forum.
The PE guys also took their shots at LE.

LS has more inside information than any poster on this forum.
The PE guys also took their shots at LE.

BBM:

And I've called them out for it when they've done it, too.

The combined "inside information" of LS and PE is absolute peanuts in comparison to what LE knows.

The PE dudes and LS are outsiders to this investigation.

LE isn't letting the media inside their investigation, for obvious reasons.

JMO.

I can't imagine why the CCSO would take down the SM notice and tip-line from their FB page..... Didn't they just make a public plea for information related to Suzanne's possible SM communications?

I must be missing something, does the Emperor have no clothes?

Maybe someone came forward and CCSO received the one tip they really needed. Then they unpinned the tip-line and proceeded to stuff that envelope, and lay it right on the DA’s desk.

Just lining up the ducks.

jmo

Do we figure out the truth about what night the elderly neighbor heard the noise? I believe that the interview said that MG “thought” she heard Barry’s truck. I would assume if he left town at 4 instead of 5 or 5:30 that he claims LE knows this. It feels off to me for Barry to say he left at 5 instead of 4. Why not just say he left at 4 a.m.? That is just one thing that has bothered me in the MG claims.
Just curious - overall, do you believe MG to be credible?

I do believe large parts of her story. I feel like she may be omitting some details, but I’m not going to opine here about that. I don’t think she was involved in Suzanne’s disappearance. The tidbit about Barry possibly being outside her house at 4 am is only her opinion, and I didn’t pay much attention to that, or the “worst night of his life” thing either. I believe she worked at the beach, was dismissed early, was tasked with getting a crew to go to Broomfield, and waited at the HIE and a jobsite for necessary materials that never arrived. I also believe that she was approached by two men who paid her and made a hush money comment, and was fired by Barry. I would love to hear exactly what Barry said when she was fired.

I'm not sure, I'm late to this case and have read some. I feel sorry for her primarily. I'm unclear about her prior relationship with BM, how they were together as workers or what dynamic exactly existed between them. I do wonder what rationale he provided for firing her, she is a single mother and got a raw deal, I hope she has found alternative work. I see no reason not to believe all she has stated so far.

BBM:

And I've called them out for it when they've done it, too.

The combined "inside information" of LS and PE is absolute peanuts in comparison to what LE knows.

The PE dudes and LS are outsiders to this investigation.

LE isn't letting the media inside their investigation, for obvious reasons.

JMO.
I’ll back LE 99% of the time and fund them 100% of the time.
So why would the PE guys and LS take ‘backhanded shots’ at LE? What would be their motivation?

I believe she is credible and her interviews with LE were extremely helpful. While knowing “she had rights,” she did not hesitate to hand over her phone which apparently royally ticked off her employer. She said they had worked together for a long time (whatever that was), so, obviously it wasn’t her quality of work that got her fired. I also believe that what she revealed to LS was only the tip of the iceberg. Her experience with BM over the course of that week scared her enough that she was compelled to move two states away, iirc.

Narrative Timing
From the case beginnings there are what I think are indicators of multiple efforts to build and broadcast a false narrative. My thoughts keep returning to these. To me these speak volumes about a probable suspect. Here are some of what I see as probable narrative efforts:
  • before reported missing, communicating to neighbor to go back and look for her bike
  • criticizing law enforcement from early on with the likes of "we was really upset that night..."
  • apparent first-week family spokesman, TN, reinforcing the bike ride and recommending people ask LE about the condition of the bike
  • Poncha Market activity and note, "baby blue bike helmet, biking clothing" (to me this was most likely part of the effort to build a narrative)
  • the 26-second, "Oh, Suzanne" video, including the abduction focus
  • the TD video that emphasizes theories about "the cat," bicycle accident, and abduction (my guess BM knew this was being recorded and was seizing the opportunity for further narrative building)
  • heck, given the likelihood the bike was staged, guess that might even be part of the narrative effort
All this MOO.
Completely agree, and don't forget the email that went out from their former church in Indiana that hinted at a mountain lion being the culprit.....

Just checking in. I haven't commented for a while. I don't fault LE for keeping a tight grip on the investigation. The bloom was off the rose early for me with PE. Someone asked why they'd trash LE and the investigation. For drama. A murder investigation is not a form of entertainment.

From the get go, I suspected BM for Suzanne's demise. Didn't know how he did it or for what reasons but he emanated GUILT! That video, his belligerence, his behavior before, during and after her absence. Putting the house up for sale, guarding his property with a gun, entering a contest at the gym. Then LE digging up a building site, BM trashing and firing his employees, his manic behavior.

Then I saw excerpts of Suzanne's letters. They struck me as nostalgic for a life they shared, one that she was thankful for but knew was coming to an end. I dont know if it was because their lives were diverging through life experiences and a desire to move on or life was ending for one of them.

I do know one thing, BM disposed of Suzanne's body. Whether he killed her or not remains to be verified. But if BM is guilty of both those acts he was spurred by the same reason: Money.

I am not a religious person but Gordian Knot is correct when she refers to the root of all evil.

So why would the PE guys and LS take ‘backhanded shots’ at LE? What would be their motivation?

I'll chime in with my opinion. LS is a reporter and LE is not responding to her questions, at all, like everyone else that wants info from them. For a reporter this should not be shocking.

The PE guys - my true feelings would probably get removed. I am however curious how AM feels about them TODAY. IMO

BBM:

I'd love to know the answer to that question myself.

Bashing LE is en vogue with a large subset of our society right now, so it may simply be an attempt to ^ their numbers/profile/hits/views.

The other possible reason we're seeing (IMO) unwarranted criticisms being leveled at LE is that these parties may be resentful about LE's managing to keep such a tight lid on their investigation. I'm amazed that there has been no leakage whatsoever.

LE's not giving MSM/SM any grist for their mills, so it may just be frustration bubbling to the surface.

I mean, a lot of people here are frustrated at the lack of news, too. We all want answers.

I get it.

But I for one love, and I do mean, LOVE, the cloak of invisibility LE has thrown over their investigation.

I love it so much because being left completely in the dark is driving BM absolutely nuts.

So there's that.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members