Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't ruled out a bike ride.

So, can you color that in a bit for us? Suzanne was heading out on a bike ride, helmeted, when she somehow ended up in the ravine? Do you think there was another human involved in that? (Someone jumped out at her?) Or she had a medical emergency? Or someone (even a cat) grabbed her off the bike and the bike rolled down into the ravine without her?

You see, I think LE knows the bike didn't just roll into the ravine. On that fact, you could be right because I am only guessing. But I do believe that LE knows how it got there and their behavior, to me, says "did not roll down, was thrown."

Then the helmet is found not too far away.

In your theory, Suzanne goes on a bike ride and then either encounters a bad actor or, on her own, has a bike crash, during which she wanders off, throwing her helmet to the ground and is never found?

Not asking to be argumentative - I think we get a lot out of each others' perspectives and I go back and forth on some cases. To be truthful, it's LE's intense interest in BM (and what they told AM and AM's actions) that have convinced me that LE thinks BM was involved somehow. She goes on the ride but is accosted by BM?

I can think of some more scenarios. I was just curious about yours.

Investigations are closed.
They simply are and they simply need to be.
Until they are complete, there is zero onus for transparency and it would be foolish indeed.

So if has LE has knowledge that SM is no longer with us, and they suspect that she was a victim homicide, at what point should LE be obligated to share that information with the family or public? Never?

So if has LE has knowledge that SM is no longer with us, and they suspect that she was a victim homicide, at what point should LE be obligated to share that information with the family or public? Never?
Interesting points.

Watching a Dateline many moons ago... a lady whose daughter died at the hands of her partner was livid for a time that LE did not tell her much of anything, and didn't do their due diligence, according to her. (the mom)
Then after the trial and footage shown during it, she was speaking to the host and broke down as she described how painstakingly the river and other areas were searched.
She (mother of the victim) said (paraphrased) "...They looked everywhere and under the riverbanks , searching every inch that they could. They were so careful."
My point is that even the mother didn't know everything until the prosecutor presented facts at the trial.
It was I believe a no body case to start with and then some remains were discovered.

LE in Suzanne's case know very well how quickly erroneous information can spread !

They are going to keep quiet and they've given every indication they are committed to nailing the perp to the proverbial wall.

And that is encouraging !!
Justice for Suzanne will be a good day.
Imo.

Last edited:
When did LE make known that the bike ride was staged? I missed that very important tidbit.
They haven’t publicly stated that the bike ride was staged. Again, they are holding everything close to the vest in this investigation, rightfully so IMO.

It is my opinion (see IMHO qualifier at end of my post), that the bike ride was most likely staged based on the way LE has handled this investigation since day one, and I posited a possible scenario as to how LE may have determined the staging so quickly.

It’s also very interesting to me that the bike ride was omitted on the most recent CCSO Press Release, hmmm I wonder why that is......

There are several other reasons IMO the bike ride was staged, see @MassGuy post above, which he stated more eloquently and succinctly than I’m sure I ever could.

IMHO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:

Hmm. Well, I think they hinted strongly to AM. And they may have hinted equally strongly to others in the family.

However, if a family member is also a suspect, I doubt that they would have shared much detail with that person.

I do think LE traditionally shares some information with concerned family members in advance of a complete investigation.

LE are obliged to release evidence in an arrest affidavit. If there is no arrest and no court case, then they are not obligated to share information.

In the case of Jennifer Kesse, her family sued LE for access to their investigative files.

I think of this case often when I watch my late night Dateline episodes. I am amazed at how much evidence detectives have and are told by D.A.s that they need more to arrest. Some drag on for years, with plenty of blood at scenes and footage and digital records. LE can know from the first minutes who did it but will not proceed. Years with what sounds like a lot of evidence on file.

This case has had zero leaks from LE. I guess that’s good, as long as they have evidence. I’m not as comfortable as some with the job that the agencies are doing, but that’s only because I am a skeptic. I have absolutely no problem with Lauren questioning and prodding at LE. They’re big boys and girls. They can take it. She’s doing her job and they are doing theirs.

So, can you color that in a bit for us? Suzanne was heading out on a bike ride, helmeted, when she somehow ended up in the ravine? Do you think there was another human involved in that? (Someone jumped out at her?) Or she had a medical emergency? Or someone (even a cat) grabbed her off the bike and the bike rolled down into the ravine without her?

You see, I think LE knows the bike didn't just roll into the ravine. On that fact, you could be right because I am only guessing. But I do believe that LE knows how it got there and their behavior, to me, says "did not roll down, was thrown."

Then the helmet is found not too far away.

In your theory, Suzanne goes on a bike ride and then either encounters a bad actor or, on her own, has a bike crash, during which she wanders off, throwing her helmet to the ground and is never found?

Not asking to be argumentative - I think we get a lot out of each others' perspectives and I go back and forth on some cases. To be truthful, it's LE's intense interest in BM (and what they told AM and AM's actions) that have convinced me that LE thinks BM was involved somehow. She goes on the ride but is accosted by BM?

I can think of some more scenarios. I was just curious about yours.
I had not eliminated the idea that the bike was tossed. I was still open to a theory she was abducted after she left her home and the bike was tossed. I had not eliminated the theory that she left the house on her bike which is why I asked when LE had eliminated the bike ride idea. The reason for me is that they have not released information at all about the house. She either disappeared from her home or from outside her home...really no other possibilities so for me the abduction bike toss is still in play and her having an accident and careening into the ravine is highly improbable. If the bike had been ruled out it becomes even more complex in my mind.

In a typical homicide case, they have a body. A autopsy would reveal the person was murdered, but they may or may not have a suspect. LE usually discloses publicly when they are certain of homicide. They have proof of death, cause and manner. Even without a suspect.

Without a body, they may conclude homicide, based on forensic evidence. In Kelsey Berreth’s case, they did not locate her body, but discovered a substantial amount of blood evidence to determine she could not have survived her attack. They announced that publicly when they arrested Frazee.

We don’t know if LE has biological forensic evidence in this case. They really can’t announce SM was a victim of homicide until they conclude she is deceased - because they have enough circumstantial evidence to determine she was murdered.

If they don’t have blood or DNA, their evidence will be dependent on what they have gathered based on investigating suspect(s). I don’t see any way they could announce a homicide - without harming the investigation - until they make an arrest.

jmo

I haven't ruled out a bike ride.

I have seen no sign whatsoever that LE has ruled out a bike ride. I do see signs that LE has investigated at least one other scenario; but LE has no obligation to disprove anything. They are seeking to prove what happened, and in order to prove, they need to recognize it first. Any information is valid in the investigation until some evidence appears that cancels it. IMO

I have seen no sign whatsoever that LE has ruled out a bike ride. I do see signs that LE has investigated at least one other scenario; but LE has no obligation to disprove anything. They are seeking to prove what happened, and in order to prove, they need to recognize it first. Any information is valid in the investigation until some evidence appears that cancels it. IMO

You’re right, they haven’t ruled out a bike ride. They did rule out a mountain lion. They also haven’t ruled out alien abduction.

But the bike ride scenario has been absent from recent official press releases. IMO, that’s a pretty good indicator they have ruled it out, albeit not publicly.

You’re right, they haven’t ruled out a bike ride. They did rule out a mountain lion. They also haven’t ruled out alien abduction.

But the bike ride scenario has been absent from recent official press releases. IMO, that’s a pretty good indicator they have ruled it out, albeit not publicly.
I was trawling through the threads trying , in vain, to catch up and I started to see comments about the bobcat. And I got really confused because I felt sure it was an alleged lion attack 'cos bobcats tend not to.. attack, I mean- 'Perhaps you have seen a bobcat in your neighborhood. Rest assured, bobcats do not attack people. In fact, bobcat attacks are virtually unknown; however, no one should ever attempt to touch or handle a wild bobcat or her kittens. Bobcats weigh between 15-40 pounds, which makes them small-to-medium sized carnivores.'
and still I keep seeing references to the bobcat...and I started wondering whether they had some tame bobcats and perhaps one had suddenly turned feral or something like that... and I searched their photographs looking for photos of their tame bobcat.. wondered where it slept in the house... and he was taking it out frequently, it seemed.. the pet bobcat... maybe they each had a tame bobcat..
Apropos nothing, the aliens reminded me of it...
Mechanics defeat me entirely.

I think the omission of the bike ride in recent press releases is probably a pretty good indicator that it's information which is no longer newsworthy. It doesn't mean that they think it never happened, it just means we have all heard it too many times. Kind of like the buns on Ms. Berreth's table. IMO

I'm very skeptical as well about the sighting of Suzanne and Barry in town on Saturday. All I've seen is one of the crew who gave an interview, say that he had talked with Barry in town on Saturday afternoon and Barry told him about the job on Mother's Day. I wish this guy would confirm if Suzanne was with Barry.
BBM-
Plus MG saying that BM cut her out of work early on Saturday so he could go make wife happy while acting weird and stressed.
then MG says, in the article, that she found out later that day that he was in town all day, out shopping by HIMSELF.
Now, just to give a bit of benefit of doubt, maybe whoever saw him, only saw him because SM was in another store or something.
But I honestly and IMO, do not believe that, if the BM sighting that MG mentioned is true.
JMO
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Hmm. Well, I think they hinted strongly to AM. And they may have hinted equally strongly to others in the family.

However, if a family member is also a suspect, I doubt that they would have shared much detail with that person.

I do think LE traditionally shares some information with concerned family members in advance of a complete investigation.
I was going to say the same thing, but you said it better than me LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member