PA PA - Donegal Twp, WhtMale 40-50, 1776UMPA, tie-dyed shirt w/French cuffs, bedspread, blanket, Feb'72

anyone mentioned William Higgins yet? from PA. will delete if already suggested!
William Alfred Higgins - 35 y/o, last seen April 1 1969, around 5'10", dark brown hair. Clothing different than UID. Facial reconstruction is always hit and miss (especially back then) but I really think he has the cleft chin and strong jawline of the UID??
Original

Original
William's thread: PA - PA - William Alfred Higgins, 35, Allegheny Cty, Mar-April 1969

These both fit what I imagine the UID looked like in life. Especially Higgins. I wish a new recon could be done of the UID...the one available now is a bit dated and I bet a fresh interpretation would help!

Seems like I’ve read Lewis’ case before because I remember the suicide note he left behind. Very puzzling. But I don’t think it’s impossible that his own weapon was used against him.

Both good suggestions IMO.

PA Crime Stoppers has added UID to their site with current PSP info:

Any persons with information regarding this incident are asked to contact the PSP Washington Station at 724-223-5200 and speak to Trooper Petrosky or you can contact the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers if you have information on this crime, any serious crime, or wanted person, call the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS (8477) or online at Tip Form

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: CASE: COLD CASE - JOHN DOE - 1972 - DONEGAL TOWNSHIP - WASHINGTON COUNTY

These both fit what I imagine the UID looked like in life. Especially Higgins. I wish a new recon could be done of the UID...the one available now is a bit dated and I bet a fresh interpretation would help!

Seems like I’ve read Lewis’ case before because I remember the suicide note he left behind. Very puzzling. But I don’t think it’s impossible that his own weapon was used against him.

Both good suggestions IMO.
thinking about it more i think it might be worth it to submit Higgins... a cleft chin/strong jaw are features you could tell from a skeleton so I'm not too bothered about the mid face differences. Also, UID was shoeless with pockets turned inside out; robbery motive? Higgins had a blue truck with him that I don't believe was ever recovered.

Posted this over on Paul "Leo" Bilodeau's thread:
PA - PA - Paul Bilodeau, 41, Elwood City,

It sure seems like a lot of coincidences between this UID and Leo (Paul). I know there is only a few days between Leo's disappearance and the UID discovery, and the suspicion was a longer time-frame back then. But, maybe 6 days is enough for decomp and animal activity to take a toll?

The obit article posted by CCJD states that he had told his family of an association with "violent and dangerous persons from the Youngstown area"-- that area is pretty close to where the UID was discovered in Donegal.

I would say the pants size makes it less likely to be Leo since the inseam was listed as 29" (that would be pretty short for a guy who is 6'0") But my ex is 6'2" and his inseam is only 31", so it's possible?

Posted this over on Paul "Leo" Bilodeau's thread:
PA - PA - Paul Bilodeau, 41, Elwood City,

It sure seems like a lot of coincidences between this UID and Leo (Paul). I know there is only a few days between Leo's disappearance and the UID discovery, and the suspicion was a longer time-frame back then. But, maybe 6 days is enough for decomp and animal activity to take a toll?

The obit article posted by CCJD states that he had told his family of an association with "violent and dangerous persons from the Youngstown area"-- that area is pretty close to where the UID was discovered in Donegal.

I would say the pants size makes it less likely to be Leo since the inseam was listed as 29" (that would be pretty short for a guy who is 6'0") But my ex is 6'2" and his inseam is only 31", so it's possible?
thanks for bumping this thread! i agree that a 29" inseam would pretty short, but i know a lot of guys wear their pants low on the hips and don't near their 'full' inseam. also, no guarantee that this UIDs pants fit! ;) sometimes if i find pants on sale in a shorter inseam ill just cuff em a bit and pretend theyre supposed to be capris...
unless the police were really off though, I don't think this UID could have only been dead for 6 days. While 6 days is definitely enough for decomp that renders someone unrecognizable, they estimated this at 8-10 weeks PMI, so really advanced decomp. Likely advanced enough that he had started disarticulating or something similar, as they could only guess a range of height estimates.

rsbm

There are actually formulas used to determine height using the long bones of the skeleton.
Stature Estimation – FORENSICS
How to Determine Height Through the Skeleton
Surely if this guy was a relatively fresh, whole body, they could have just measured the whole body while on the autopsy table? And obtained a known height rather than have to guess and just say 5'5 to 5'10"?
edit: just noticed that the body is described as Skeletal in post #1, which basically rules out Paul Bilodeau.

Surely if this guy was a relatively fresh, whole body, they could have just measured the whole body while on the autopsy table? And obtained a known height rather than have to guess and just say 5'5 to 5'10"?
edit: just noticed that the body is described as Skeletal in post #1, which basically rules out Paul Bilodeau.

Sorry, I should have updated here last night.
Yes, it was pointed out to me that this was a stupid suggestion. Sorry for wasting everyone's time

Sorry, I should have updated here last night.
Yes, it was pointed out to me that this was a stupid suggestion. Sorry for wasting everyone's time
hey, dont be so hard on yourself! its always good to bring up suggestions, even if there's a slim chance that'll it lead to an ID. And like I said, you bumped this thread that hasn't been updated since May, and now this UID will get more traction on websleuths :)

"Victim was clothed in a long sleeve french cuff tie-dyed shirt size 16 green in color and green flared bottom dress pants size"

That sounds like, um, quite the outfit... Sounds like something that would have stood out in Washington Co., PA...

"Victim was clothed in a long sleeve french cuff tie-dyed shirt size 16 green in color and green flared bottom dress pants size"

That sounds like, um, quite the outfit... Sounds like something that would have stood out in Washington Co., PA...

Nah, quite stylish and normal for early 70s. Psychedelic style.
But dont know about Washington...

Nah, quite stylish and normal for early 70s. Psychedelic style.
But dont know about Washington...

If it was a french cuff, would he not be wearing cuff links? There isn't mention of any jewelry/accessories, although it does note that there were no shoes or socks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back