MI MI - D'wan Sims, 4, Livonia, 11 Dec 1994

I suspect this will end much like the man who pretended to be Timmothy Pitzen earlier this year.

It was reported that the mother blocked him on FB after he couldn’t answer any questions that only D’wan would know

I believe she also knows for a fact that D’wan is deceased, so she knows this isn’t him.

I agree this man isn't D'wan. Poor D'wan, who deserves justice.

If she really had a missing child, would she change her name and move away? I think not. That's what you do when you're trying to hide from something, not when you're hoping to find a lost loved one.

ETA:I want to speak generally here, because I know innocent until proven guilty.

If you were waiting for your child to come home, I think you would not block someone who thought they were your child unless there was NO possible chance.

I think you would hope they had just forgotten their early childhood and that's why they couldn't answer questions. You'd hope scars faded and that's why they couldn't ID them.

ETA: You'd try to get DNA ASAP so you could know.

MOO.

Last edited:
If she really had a missing child, would she change her name and move away? I think not. That's what you do when you're trying to hide from something, not when you're hoping to find a lost loved one.

There have been missing children cases where the parents searched for years but eventually had to leave town. (Please note I am feeling the need to defend those parents.)

There have been missing children cases where the parents searched for years but eventually had to leave town. (Please note I am feeling the need to defend those parents.)
Oh absolutely, but when added to the other facts in this case, it just seems like a red flag.

It it comes back that this man is not D'Wan, since he has questions about his parentage and if he matches any other missing children descriptions, etc, his DNA should be tested for those as well. Just because he isn't D'Wan, doesn't mean he isn't someone's missing child if his parentage/childhood is suspect.

It it comes back that this man is not D'Wan, since he has questions about his parentage and if he matches any other missing children descriptions, etc, his DNA should be tested for those as well. Just because he isn't D'Wan, doesn't mean he isn't someone's missing child if his parentage/childhood is suspect.

Thanks!
Just what I was thinking.

Did we ever find out about the guy claiming to be D'wan last year? I assumed he was not him but haven't seen any official reports?

We all know that's not D'wan because D'wan was murdered in 1994. Anyways, here's some back in the day footage of the "mother"

That's your opinion. Certainly wouldn't say "we all know".

Opinion? Well what’s FACT is the child never made it to the mall. This is not a case of cameras not working. The mom was on camera but not D’wan. D’wan wasn’t abducted from the mall because he never made it to the mall. Even if that was him it would’ve made national headlines months ago.

That is certainly a possibility given that LE could not find him on the security camera. But we don't know that he was murdered even if he wasn't at the mall. There are plenty of other possibilities.

And now the mystery is solved about the guy who came forward - he sent his DNA, but D'Wan's mother did not.

I read the link you posted but didn't see anything in the article about the DNA testing?
This one from a year ago says the man who claimed to be D'wan gave a DNA sample, but it doesn't say that LE didn't have her DNA.
Mother of D'Wan Sims doubts claim man is her son who has been missing since '94

I hope LE will make a statement about the case in coming months given that she has passed away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back