Indiana - Coronavirus COVID-19

I'm just shaking my head. I'm also mystified. I see way more people than not wearing masks. What is going on? I guess small gatherings?
We are hearing that small gatherings and family gatherings are responsible for the spread. For some reason people just don’t get it. I can’t tell you how many times patients have told me they had a get together with their friends but it was ok because “no one was sick.” Or they had a family get together with family members from different cities or states but they thought it was ok because they were all family.

ER Physician Dr. Stephen Sample’s response to doctors getting money for covid, speaks on case numbers in Indiana / Dr. Atlas on Dr. Birx / Dr. Sample on Dr. Fauci

Last edited:
Head cook at Fishers elementary school died from COVID. School is going virtual December 4. Why wait? I think they should go virtual immediately.

Podany worked at Thorpe Creek for eight years as the school's head cook, said Emily Pace Abbotts, director of school and community relations for HSE Schools.

On Tuesday, the Hamilton Southeastern Schools Board of Trustees voted to movethe entire district to 100% virtual learning beginning Thursday through Dec. 4.

Staff member at Thorpe Creek Elementary School in Fishers dies with COVID-19

Head cook at Fishers elementary school died from COVID. School is going virtual December 4. Why wait? I think they should go virtual immediately.

Staff member at Thorpe Creek Elementary School in Fishers dies with COVID-19

Going to look for their school calendar. I wonder if they're going into a fall break. BRB.

Oh. I read that wrong. They voted yesterday to switch to e learning tomorrow. Its just one day for people to make arrangements. JMO

Virtual 11/19 thru 12/4.

I'm the director of a school of nursing and have had several big hospital systems beg for students to help with mass vaccination events. I am terrified that people here will be even MORE lax once we start vaccinating.
I stopped going to the little IGA right around the corner as they refuse to mask. I literally stay in my apartment for days on end and only venture out for groceries or drive thru food.
C'mon Hoosiers - get your collective act together.

How are things along the borders with Illinois and Michigan? Is there are large influx of people coming across the lines to go to restaurants, bars and other businesses?

we went to a home town restaurant while we waited for a new car battery Saturday and 4 old men came in separately without masks. Like 80 yrs old. Crazy.

My local hang out (Arizona) has been visited a couple of time by the "Covid Police" so now they have no tolerance for people without masks, and/or standing around other tables. I see many places where the owners are lax - I assume they haven't been "visited" yet.

I'm just curious about your situation where things are open, and across the border they aren't. I read a piece about a restaurant owner in Illinois watching all of his regulars drive over to Iowa where they could dine inside.

we went to a home town restaurant while we waited for a new car battery Saturday and 4 old men came in separately without masks. Like 80 yrs old. Crazy.

I have not stepped foot in a restaurant since March. And I'm not gonna. If I recall, they are the #1 or #2 spreader. Jmo

96 new deaths today. As of yesterday's county update, my county is still orange. A week ago Wednesday, our town lost a local LE to this. :(

ISDH - Novel Coronavirus: Indiana COVID-19 Dashboard and Map
I am in Indiana and I am absolutely gobsmacked by our numbers. I look every day and can not believe what I see, the numbers just go up and up. I have not been to a restaurant since forever except for carry out. My usual 20+ person Thanksgiving was only 3 this year. I have told everyone except my sister in law that Christmas dinner is canceled. Life is so far from normal but I am retired and so better off than most. I feel for all the people not so lucky as me. My husband is a skeptic and drives me crazy. In fact most of my family take risk that make me crazy. I can only pray we make it to the other side of this nightmare.

Indiana Governor still planning to drop mask mandate despite rising COVID numbers in the state.
“Governor Beshear has my direct phone number, he is welcome to call. I am not looking to change my mind,” Holcomb said.

Indiana's mask mandate will change to an advisory on April 6.

State health officials also warned about increasing positivity and hospitalization numbers in the state.

“We have said before we are in a race between the vaccine and the variants. Unfortunately, right now the variants are picking up steam,” said State Health Commissioner Dr. Kristina Box.

Holcomb: 'Not looking to change my mind' on mask mandate | wthr.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back