Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the landfill info! It works the way I visualized, and makes the presence of a landfill in the neighborhood meaningless, except as it shows the character of the neighborhood.

I assume it’s NOT flood time in Dallas?

If this was a random carjacking, could he have been dragged out of the car, killed, and then his body dragged to some place farther from the side of the road, just to delay the police from investigating it as murder?

If it was suicide, perhaps impulsive, could he have left the keys in the car, and some random thief/joyrider type have stolen the car and left it where they found it? That would confuse the issue, as far as finding him goes.
The thought has also crossed my mind that the person who took the car to South Dallas wasn’t the person who disappeared Alan. The car could have been left wherever Alan exited the car and someone else came along an abandoned Porsche w/a key in it and just took it for a spin. Ugh. That would definitely complicate finding him. I’m not leaning this way, but it’s possible.

Sad to see there are no updates on Alan. I just can't get over how silent this case has gone. It really makes me wonder whether Alan left on his own, either to just get away or possibly self-harm. I know he had his niece staying with him and people say he would not do that, but maybe he picked that time to do it? Maybe he wanted to disappear and thought if his niece was there, at least his spouse wouldn't be left alone. I know it sounds crazy.

Also, you never really know what someone is going through. I had a friend whose husband left to go to work one day and instead of going to work, he went into the woods and killed himself. She had no idea that he was even depressed, no one did. He left a note saying he just couldn't handle it anymore. They were struggling a little bit financially but that's it.

Sad to see there are no updates on Alan. I just can't get over how silent this case has gone. It really makes me wonder whether Alan left on his own, either to just get away or possibly self-harm. I know he had his niece staying with him and people say he would not do that, but maybe he picked that time to do it? Maybe he wanted to disappear and thought if his niece was there, at least his spouse wouldn't be left alone. I know it sounds crazy.

Also, you never really know what someone is going through. I had a friend whose husband left to go to work one day and instead of going to work, he went into the woods and killed himself. She had no idea that he was even depressed, no one did. He left a note saying he just couldn't handle it anymore. They were struggling a little bit financially but that's it.

At this point, nothing sounds crazy to me - I'm open to all scenarios. With the little info we have, it could literally be anything mentioned here in these threads.

Thanks so much for the landfill info! It works the way I visualized, and makes the presence of a landfill in the neighborhood meaningless, except as it shows the character of the neighborhood.

I assume it’s NOT flood time in Dallas?
You are welcome regarding the landfill information. As you visualized it, the one I went to was very tightly controlled.

In regards to flood time in Dallas, I would say spring and summer are more likely for floods than fall or winter.

But.... the development mega boom seems to have altered alot of the natural creek flows. As a result, floods seem more prevalent and can occur in some areas, including the Trinity flood plain, after a medium rain.

Bear in mind, when I say "flood", I just mean water over the normal banks of the stream, river or pond (which can vary from moderate to an awful lot). Water coming into houses and over roads is rare in DFW.

It might be good to check the weather records for the three day period that he disappeared to see if there was rain.

Last edited:
I was also thinking about his job. He is an executive for one of the Big Four accounting firms in the world, worth billions of dollars. Not saying he was involved in any fraud/embezzlement, but he could have come across it. And maybe someone just wanted to get rid of him before he said anything?

Has anything else come out from his work besides that LinkedIn article? A company that size, I was thinking maybe they would offer a big reward. This is just my opinion. I’m a newbie, just getting into true crime/disappearances so I’m not sure if that would typically happen or not.

I agree. I hope it’s not true, but when you look at the case in its most simple elements, suicide is a very real probability. As someone familiar with depression, I could relate to the idea that facing his family, faking happiness this whole week, was just suddenly a bridge too far. I have tried to avoid saying this but now it must be said. He had a GREAT life, we all wish we were his friends. But even wonderful people with great lives experience depression. It’s chemical, it’s real. Sometimes our own ambitions to overcome it become overwhelming even though our family loves us for all we are. Not anyone’s fault. ❤️❤️❤️

I agree. I hope it’s not true, but when you look at the case in its most simple elements, suicide is a very real probability. As someone familiar with depression, I could relate to the idea that facing his family, faking happiness this whole week, was just suddenly a bridge too far. I have tried to avoid saying this but now it must be said. He had a GREAT life, we all wish we were his friends. But even wonderful people with great lives experience depression. It’s chemical, it’s real. Sometimes our own ambitions to overcome it become overwhelming even though our family loves us for all we are. Not anyone’s fault. ❤️❤️❤️
Yes, my friend that lost her husband to suicide felt guilty for a long time, thinking she should have picked up on something. After lots of counseling, she realized there was nothing she could have done. There is this thing called smiling depression. I had never heard of it before but basically the person does not show normal signs of depression.

I really hope this is not the case. I cannot imagine what his family is going through.

I was also thinking about his job. He is an executive for one of the Big Four accounting firms in the world, worth billions of dollars. Not saying he was involved in any fraud/embezzlement, but he could have come across it. And maybe someone just wanted to get rid of him before he said anything?

Has anything else come out from his work besides that LinkedIn article? A company that size, I was thinking maybe they would offer a big reward. This is just my opinion. I’m a newbie, just getting into true crime/disappearances so I’m not sure if that would typically happen or not.
I imagine KPMG employees are talking about Alan privately amongst themselves, just not publicly on the internet. Since Alan's disappearance was not related to performing his duties at work (that we know), or on the clock, I understand why they aren't involved in the reward.

Not sure if most of you live in Dallas, but I do and actually, live in the same general area as AW and know those roads well. Couple of things...our police force is horribly short-staffed. Our Police Chief resigned after the George Floyd marches here (mis-handling on her part), but agreed to stay on through the end of this year so it's not a good situation. Cops have been leaving the DPD for better paying municipalities for a good 3 years. What does that mean? It means the DPD is terribly short-handed and our crime rate is rising. Our murders are at an all-time high. The police don't respond to alarms or "petty crimes" and the "bad guys" know this...so are getting bolder. There have been senseless murders "for no reason" committed in the act of a robbery, etc. so it's not that far-fetched to think a car-jacker would have killed Alan. When does murder ever really make sense anyway?

<modsnip> .

Not sure how much time is getting spent on this case. Probably not as much as one would hope with our police force being stretched so thin. Thus...the family was wise to hire a PI...although not sure if that's on-going.

<modsnip> About 20 years ago, I actually gutted and remodeled the home across the street from Alan and Rusty's, so know the neighborhood. I am careful not to cast a negative light on Rusty's or Alan's own reputations as I've heard nothing negative about either of them and simply do not wish to say something that could hurt one or the other. The Missy Bevers case many of you likely know...damaged a lot of reputations out of sheer speculation. <modsnip> While nothing should be categorically dismissed, I really don't see suicide, drugs or financial issues.

Considering he went to a RT that wasn't on the route home (that 99% would take from the gym to his home)...after passing a RT on the way...I am of the opinion he went to that RT for a specific reason. Most likely scenario is to meet someone. Who? We obviously don't know, but assuming I'm correct...that person surely was involved with his disappearance. Doesn't really matter how long this meeting was...brief or not...intentional or not...targeted or not....I believe this person (if there was a meeting) and his phone hold the key. I do think car-jacking is still a possibility, albeit a less-likely one given the time of morning...with the traffic and likely CCTV's in the area...my opinion there isn't a snow-balls chance he could have been car-jacked on Inwood between that RaceTrac and when he turned off Inwood onto his street without numerous witnesses.

The entire case is baffling and horribly sad. I can't imagine the anguish Rusty and the family are feeling. Our mutual friends are torn up about it. I pray they have closure soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's foolish to dismiss any theory/possibility at this point...I believe suicide is far, far down on the list of possibilities. <modsnip>. I have to imagine if I was going to kill myself...I'd do it before I worked out, got gas, etc. How does that explain how the vehicle got to where it was located? If that was his plan...he'd likely just have gone straight down 75/45 from the gym. I'm just not feeling the suicide theory.

While it's foolish to dismiss any theory/possibility at this point...I believe suicide is far, far down on the list of possibilities. <modsnip>. I have to imagine if I was going to kill myself...I'd do it before I worked out, got gas, etc. How does that explain how the vehicle got to where it was located? If that was his plan...he'd likely just have gone straight down 75/45 from the gym. I'm just not feeling the suicide theory.
Yeah the suicide or leaving voluntarily theories are down my list too. Mainly because he did a bunch of routine things and then got about a mile from home before he disappeared. Why get almost back home before you enacted a plan to disappear? It is true that suicide never makes sense to other people and is always surprising, but the circumstances in Alan’s case just make it unlikely to me. Not impossible but not likely. MOO

Not sure if most of you live in Dallas, but I do and actually, live in the same general area as AW and know those roads well. Couple of things...our police force is horribly short-staffed. Our Police Chief resigned after the George Floyd marches here (mis-handling on her part), but agreed to stay on through the end of this year so it's not a good situation. Cops have been leaving the DPD for better paying municipalities for a good 3 years. What does that mean? It means the DPD is terribly short-handed and our crime rate is rising. Our murders are at an all-time high. The police don't respond to alarms or "petty crimes" and the "bad guys" know this...so are getting bolder. There have been senseless murders "for no reason" committed in the act of a robbery, etc. so it's not that far-fetched to think a car-jacker would have killed Alan. When does murder ever really make sense anyway?

<modsnip> .

Not sure how much time is getting spent on this case. Probably not as much as one would hope with our police force being stretched so thin. Thus...the family was wise to hire a PI...although not sure if that's on-going.

<modsnip> About 20 years ago, I actually gutted and remodeled the home across the street from Alan and Rusty's, so know the neighborhood. I am careful not to cast a negative light on Rusty's or Alan's own reputations as I've heard nothing negative about either of them and simply do not wish to say something that could hurt one or the other. The Missy Bevers case many of you likely know...damaged a lot of reputations out of sheer speculation. <modsnip> While nothing should be categorically dismissed, I really don't see suicide, drugs or financial issues.

Considering he went to a RT that wasn't on the route home (that 99% would take from the gym to his home)...after passing a RT on the way...I am of the opinion he went to that RT for a specific reason. Most likely scenario is to meet someone. Who? We obviously don't know, but assuming I'm correct...that person surely was involved with his disappearance. Doesn't really matter how long this meeting was...brief or not...intentional or not...targeted or not....I believe this person (if there was a meeting) and his phone hold the key. I do think car-jacking is still a possibility, albeit a less-likely one given the time of morning...with the traffic and likely CCTV's in the area...my opinion there isn't a snow-balls chance he could have been car-jacked on Inwood between that RaceTrac and when he turned off Inwood onto his street without numerous witnesses.

The entire case is baffling and horribly sad. I can't imagine the anguish Rusty and the family are feeling. Our mutual friends are torn up about it. I pray they have closure soon.
All very important points.

While not high on my list, I am trying to game out how a targeted attack could have gone down.

I personally subscribe to the theory that he went to the RaceTrac due to brand loyalty (likely as a loyalty program, an employer program or gas card, or perhaps even gas card from the dealership). And he skipped the closer RaceTrac due to the robbery per his family’s theory.

if my theory on that is right and if @EmOinDallas is correct that a carjacking on his route home from RT would have been witnessed, where did a targeted crime occur?

If he had to have stopped at a more secluded location or been lured to a more private location to be attacked, there must be phone gps and/or car gps data showing where he went (and messaging records if he was lured), right?

what do those show???

All very important points.

While not high on my list, I am trying to game out how a targeted attack could have gone down.

I personally subscribe to the theory that he went to the RaceTrac due to brand loyalty (likely as a loyalty program, an employer program or gas card, or perhaps even gas card from the dealership). And he skipped the closer RaceTrac due to the robbery per his family’s theory.

if my theory on that is right and if @EmOinDallas is correct that a carjacking on his route home from RT would have been witnessed, where did a targeted crime occur?

If he had to have stopped at a more secluded location or been lured to a more private location to be attacked, there must be phone gps and/or car gps data showing where he went (and messaging records if he was lured), right?

what do those show???
Without going into a detailed scenario, JMO- Alan was supposed to meet someone at RaceTrac. That person wasn't where they were supposed to be, which explains the walk into the store and slow departure. A second location to meet is arranged. Alan turns off Inwood a short distance from the gas station. Meets with whomever and whatever happens goes down. Alan's body is disposed and the car is dumped.

IMO, LE has put a lot of this together and family knows at least some of the details. Which explains their silence lately. Hopefully they don't have to endure a long wait to find their beloved husband, son & brother.

Without going into a detailed scenario, JMO- Alan was supposed to meet someone at RaceTrac. That person wasn't where they were supposed to be, which explains the walk into the store and slow departure. A second location to meet is arranged. Alan turns off Inwood a short distance from the gas station. Meets with whomever and whatever happens goes down. Alan's body is disposed and the car is dumped.

IMO, LE has put a lot of this together and family knows at least some of the details. Which explains their silence lately. Hopefully they don't have to endure a long wait to find their beloved husband, son & brother.
All of this seems very plausible to me.

This is exactly where I've been leaning from the beginning.

Last edited:
Not sure if most of you live in Dallas, but I do and actually, live in the same general area as AW and know those roads well.

Seems there are at least 10 of us who currently live in Dallas, some who live elsewhere in the metroplex and some ex-Dallasites. A few of us live(d) and/or work(ed) in the part of Dallas that Alan disappeared in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members