Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some states it might be more involved than checking a box. I had to run around to SSA, the post office and the MVA and it was a huge PITA. If they married last December in Colorado but already planned to move to Texas she may have wanted to switch addresses and DL after the move to save time and money.

In all states it is a pain to update all of your required identity documents, but your name legally changes when you submit your marriage certificate. So your name is already legally Mrs. Married though you manually have to go to the Social Security office and DMV with your marriage certificate to prove it. I married later in life and it was truly a 6 month process to update my banks, law admissions, etc. but legally my name was already changed through all of that.

Possible they were told the couple was married and told there were divorce papers. Friends wouldn’t question it but it doesn’t mean it’s true.
Wouldn’t a wedding be worthy of at least one post or photo op on your SM page?
Plus the girlfriends that you are so close to and spend so much time with- a bridal shower?
JMO

Wouldn’t a wedding be worthy of at least one post or photo op on your SM page?
Plus the girlfriends that you are so close to and spend so much time with- a bridal shower?
JMO
I think the group of friends met after she moved to Houston and after the wedding.

If they did a quick courthouse marriage with plans to have a big wedding later, maybe they kept it a secret.

Maybe she just had not changed her name yet because it was a PITA to do it during the pandemic. I recall the huge hassle my friend had just getting a replacement SS card for her teenage daughter so she could get a job. It took months.

I think the group of friends met after she moved to Houston and after the wedding.

If they did a quick courthouse marriage with plans to have a big wedding later, maybe they kept it a secret.
Yes, I was referring to her close pack of Houston girlfriends. Alexis moved to Houston in January of this year. She talks excitedly in her March YT video about getting hair extensions because she was getting married in April in Vegas.

Would the NOK be changed to the living parents by the ME's office if the legal husband were deceased?
Yes, if no adult children.
Texas kin status priority for funeral arrangements :
  • an agent you name in a written document before your death.
  • your surviving spouse.
  • any one of your adult children.
  • either one of your parents.
  • any one of your adult siblings.
  • one or more of the executors or administrators of your estate.

Last edited:
I live in Canada, I don't think it is the same for us. I could be wrong. I am always amazed at how easy it is to find info on people in the US. Makes it easier for stalking. Custody hearings, address, divorce, marriage, why ??
Another aspect is how easy it is to track people down through their social media posts.

Yes, if no adult children.
Texas kin status priority for funeral arrangements :
  • an agent you name in a written document before your death.
  • your surviving spouse.
  • any one of your adult children.
  • either one of your parents.
  • any one of your adult siblings.
  • one or more of the executors or administrators of your estate.
Can you please post the link for this info? Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong