Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told FDA chief Stephen Hahn vaccine must be authorized Friday or he needs to resign - CNNPolitics

Wow. This isn't ethical at all. The Executive Branch can't just cross government lines and order employees, or even SES employees to "approve it or leave". Wow.

Imagine the implications of this...
FDA chief denies report White House ordered him to authorize Pfizer vaccine by Friday or resign

“This is an untrue representation of the phone call with the Chief of Staff,” Hahn said in a statement. “The FDA was encouraged to continue working expeditiously on Pfizer-BioNTech’s EUA request. FDA is committed to issuing this authorization quickly, as we noted in our statement this morning.”

Fox Nation's Nancy Grace tests positive for COVID-19 along with husband, kids, 88-year-old mother — USA TODAY

Fox Nation host Nancy Grace has tested positive for COVID-19 along with her husband, David Linch, their 13-year-old twins, John David and Lucy Elizabeth, and her mother, Elizabeth.

The Daily Mail was the first to report that Grace's 88-year-old mother received a positive diagnosis on Monday. She is currently being treated in the COVID-19 ward of a hospital in Georgia, the outlet reports.”

Hoping all in the family will be ok -- sorry to hear her mom is in the hospital.

Iowa numbers and news for the last 2 days: On Thurs. Dec. 10, we had 2,245 new "confirmed" cases and 99 more were reported to have passed away. There were 4,359 newly recovering. 863 were in the hospital (-31) with 124 hospitalized in those last 24 hrs. Dec. 10: Iowa reports 99 more COVID-19 deaths, 2,245 new cases
Today (Fri. Dec. 11), there were 2,058 new "confirmed" cases for a total of 253,085 confirmed cases of which 183,213 are recovering (+5,415). 77 more were reported to have passed for a total of 3,197. 128 were hospitalized in the last 24 hrs. for a total of 833 (-30). According to KWWL, there are 66,675 active postive cases (Thurs. was 70,109) with a 24 hr. positivity rate of 36.8% (Thurs. was 36.3%.) Dec. 11: Iowa reports 77 more COVID-19 deaths as active cases continue to decline
Iowa employers can require workers to take COVID-19 vaccination
https://kwwl.com/2020/12/10/local-h...covid-19-vaccine-here-is-what-you-can-expect/
12th Iowa prison inmate dies from COVID-19 complications
Iowa bars & restaurants expect to lose $1.4 billion in sales in 2020
Doctors say post-Thanksgiving surge could still be coming
Gov. Reynolds responds after US advisory panel endorses Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
https://www.kcrg.com/2020/12/12/iowa-approves-waivers-to-allow-some-schools-to-remain-online/

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told FDA chief Stephen Hahn vaccine must be authorized Friday or he needs to resign - CNNPolitics

Wow. This isn't ethical at all. The Executive Branch can't just cross government lines and order employees, or even SES employees to "approve it or leave". Wow.

Imagine the implications of this...
I believe Hahn himself has stated this isn’t an accurate representation of the conversation with the chief of staff. Why any reputable news source would choose to put out information that’s A. untrue, and B. would easily risk increasing doubt/skepticism about a vaccine so desperately needed is beyond me. But this does seem to be a situation of “you shouldn’t believe everything you read”. Who knows what the truth is.

Fox Nation's Nancy Grace tests positive for COVID-19 along with husband, kids, 88-year-old mother — USA TODAY

Fox Nation host Nancy Grace has tested positive for COVID-19 along with her husband, David Linch, their 13-year-old twins, John David and Lucy Elizabeth, and her mother, Elizabeth.

The Daily Mail was the first to report that Grace's 88-year-old mother received a positive diagnosis on Monday. She is currently being treated in the COVID-19 ward of a hospital in Georgia, the outlet reports.”
I saw her mama was in the hospital yesterday. I didn't know their entire family had it!
I hope they all recover quickly!
Moo

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Ben Carson, secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Ben Carson Says He Was 'Desperately Ill' With The Coronavirus

I wouldn't be surprised if others had the magic potion as well. Like perhaps Donald Jr and Andrew Guliani ... but we will likely never know.
Donald Trump Jr tests positive for coronavirus
Anthony Fauci, Frontline Workers: Guardians of the Year 2020 | Time
Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Frontline Health Workers Are TIME's 2020 Guardians of the Year
Anthony Fauci, Frontline Workers: Guardians of the Year 2020 | Time
Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Frontline Health Workers Are TIME's 2020 Guardians of the Year
‘Numb’ and ‘Heartbroken,’ the U.S. Confronts Record Virus Deaths

Covid-19 surge hits South Korea and Japan after they had contained the virus

Dr.Fauci’s comments are worth a listen, imo

Did anyone else notice that the interviewer said that worst part of this pandemic is that people are tired and the worst thing about this they don't want restrictions and then secondary was the death. Hello folks, let's put death at the front of things we are tired of and that are bad about this pandemic.

Scary record-breaking day in South Carolina!

South Carolina sets one-day record for COVID cases | wltx.com
"This is the first time the state has topped 3,000 case in a day since the pandemic began. South Carolina shattered its one day record for coronavirus cases, topping the old record by several hundred."

228,261 confirmed positive cases (+3,137) - :eek:
4,332 confirmed deaths (+47) - :eek:

Total Tests Received - 3,012,387
Percent Positive - 18.6%
We had 12,745 new cases today in Pennsylvania and 5,877 hospitalizations.

Just yesterday I was at the Doctor's office waiting at the counter to check in and the woman behind me was standing about eight inches from me. When I looked back there were about six people behind her, all standing right next to each other on line. The receptionist didn't say a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23