Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the special coming on this Sunday and decided to come back here and refresh myself with the feed. I think it's been years since I have read Britt's threads. THIS piece from Chad wasn't something I ever remember hearing at all. I also don't remember them ever releasing it either. Very shocking. The part about RM too- years ago I had been in NC/SC for an event and talked to LE who told me that ST was def NOT involved in that case. This just burned me to hear.

On a diff topic. In refreshing myself I noticed a lot of people had a hard time thinking that Britt could be "grabbed" by someone and wondered if people forgot about her vision issue. Here's an article that touches on it. Also, does anyone else remember hearing that ST's son had an issue with his arm(partial amputation maybe?) where this vision problem would also make it easier for him to grab her because he would have to come up from behind. It would also make me think he wouldn't ever do it alone. Just some random thoughts is all.
I for some reason think ST grabbed her and DT was probably driving.

I saw the special coming on this Sunday and decided to come back here and refresh myself with the feed. I think it's been years since I have read Britt's threads. THIS piece from Chad wasn't something I ever remember hearing at all. I also don't remember them ever releasing it either. Very shocking. The part about RM too- years ago I had been in NC/SC for an event and talked to LE who told me that ST was def NOT involved in that case. This just burned me to hear.

On a diff topic. In refreshing myself I noticed a lot of people had a hard time thinking that Britt could be "grabbed" by someone and wondered if people forgot about her vision issue. Here's an article that touches on it. Also, does anyone else remember hearing that ST's son had an issue with his arm(partial amputation maybe?) where this vision problem would also make it easier for him to grab her because he would have to come up from behind. It would also make me think he wouldn't ever do it alone. Just some random thoughts is all.

I thought that ST was said to have been seen on surveillance at a Fast Food joint? I’m trying to find that and the time, but of course can’t. I honestly wouldn’t doubt it. Or RT, after all we all know there is other family members who are capable-especially if they think they can get off again.
I guess I just wish that something of substance would come out that would allow for some justice, as much as at this point I don’t feel like it will. There are too many missed opportunities and also too much time for things to be cleaned up and destroyed.

This is all that I can find atm.
Timothy Taylor: Long Road Home To Freedom

Snipped.BBM. “Taylor was involved in a McDonald’s robbery back in 2011 and sentenced in state court under the Youthful Offender’s Act to 5 years’ probation. However, Federal authorities intervened after receiving a tip from a jailhouse informant who implicated Taylor in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel’s kidnapping case. Taylor’s father, Timothy Sr., was also implicated and detained in the Drexel’s case but released after video evidence placed him at a fast food restaurant at the time he was allegedly aiding his son in Drexel’s kidnapping and murder. Drexel’s case remains unsolved.”

Of course reading this article I feel like it reads like an opinion piece instead of news?

This is all that I can find atm.
Timothy Taylor: Long Road Home To Freedom

Snipped.BBM. “Taylor was involved in a McDonald’s robbery back in 2011 and sentenced in state court under the Youthful Offender’s Act to 5 years’ probation. However, Federal authorities intervened after receiving a tip from a jailhouse informant who implicated Taylor in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel’s kidnapping case. Taylor’s father, Timothy Sr., was also implicated and detained in the Drexel’s case but released after video evidence placed him at a fast food restaurant at the time he was allegedly aiding his son in Drexel’s kidnapping and murder. Drexel’s case remains unsolved.”

Of course reading this article I feel like it reads like an opinion piece instead of news?

I believe the "journalist" who wrote that article is conflating events. Its epitomizes the age of "fake news". ST was never "detained" in the Drexel case. He was detained in the attempted abduction of Randa Massey, which is also where the supposed video alibi came into play. I don't know anything about the Charleston Chronicle, but I find it amazing such a poorly researched article could even be published.

I thought that ST was said to have been seen on surveillance at a Fast Food joint? I’m trying to find that and the time, but of course can’t. I honestly wouldn’t doubt it. Or RT, after all we all know there is other family members who are capable-especially if they think they can get off again.
I guess I just wish that something of substance would come out that would allow for some justice, as much as at this point I don’t feel like it will. There are too many missed opportunities and also too much time for things to be cleaned up and destroyed.
You might be thinking of the attempted kidnapping of another female in roughly the same area that BD was last seen on Ocean Blvd. She managed to fight off the attacker and then picked ST out of a lineup. He turned himself in but was released shortly thereafter.

Charges dropped for Timothy Shaun Taylor

From the link—

The solicitor’s office said although at the time there was sufficient reason to serve Taylor with arrest warrants, a further investigation by the Myrtle Beach police department after Taylor’s arrest showed he was elsewhere during the time of the attempted kidnapping.

The solicitor’s office said police were able to confirm Taylor’s whereabouts on the day of the incident on businesses’ video surveillance.

Also, I thought I’d add this as a refresher—

Police reconsider ties between Brittanee Drexel case, crimes targeting other women

The elder Taylor’s brother, Randall Keith Taylor, 48, was one of five men arrested in McConaughey’s killing.

The St. Stephen woman was last seen at a North Charleston restaurant in January 1998. Charleston County Sheriff’s Office investigators alleged that Randall Taylor raped and shot her and that the other men helped dispose of her body. Her car was burned in the woods near McClellanville. Her body was found months later.

Detectives arrested Randall Taylor and the four others in 2001, but prosecutors dropped the murder charges, citing insufficient evidence.

Thank you both & I absolutely agree that The Charleston Chronicle doesn’t seem to be a publication with proper sourcing of any kind.
With all that had been said about Britt and what the informant knows/has seen, I am surprised more hasn’t been addressed on why they haven’t used something, anything to pull charges of some sort.
I wonder if the cell phones of the men suspected of being at the stash house were looked at for location, how it related to her, etc or if by the time LE caught on it was too late.

So it appears LE retrieved the wrong date when performing the cell tower dump in 2009, and the information for the correct date was erased. Unbelievable.

Somehow I am not all that surprised by this. Kind of like all the stash house locations weren't initially checked for evidence before someone set one on fire. :mad:

So it appears LE retrieved the wrong date when performing the cell tower dump in 2009, and the information for the correct date was erased. Unbelievable.

This is sad, but did you find out in the news or other source? Also, I would think there would be multiple tower dumps... one for each service? AT&T, Verizon, Tmobile, and whoever else may be serving that area at that time? Would it be wrong for all of them? I can't imagine they could make such a huge mistake. And even if they did, they could easily correct this days, weeks, or months later. Something does not seem right.

Last edited:
This is sad, but did you find out in the news or other source? Also, I would think there would be multiple tower dumps... one for each service? AT&T, Verizon, Tmobile, and whoever else may be serving that area at that time? Would it be wrong for all of them? I can't imagine they could make such a huge mistake. And even if they did, they could easily correct this days, weeks, or months later. Something does not seem right.

This was discussed on the recent HLN show about Brittanee’s case. It came directly from the one of the primary investigator’s mouth. He claims data was routinely erased after a week or two, and he said it “set the investigation back.” Well, that’s an understatement! It’s an enormous blunder. In a case where the guilty parties had time to destroy most of the physical evidence, the cellular data was critical tangible evidence linking them to BD. We may not even be here discussing this case any longer if they hadn’t screwed that up. That sort of evidence can provide strong leverage against perpetrators and help lead to no-body convictions (just look at the Heather Elvis case; yes I know those weren’t murder convictions but the guilty parties are still serving long stretches in prison). When I heard that, I just about threw my remote through the TV. It’s breathtaking incompetence.

There may only be one tower (probably Verizon) if they were talking about McClellanville. That area is about as rural as it gets.

There may only be one tower (probably Verizon) if they were talking about McClellanville. That area is about as rural as it gets.

I get the sense that this screw up applies to all the relevant cell towers along the route taken by Brittanee’s cell phone (and presumably by Brittanee herself) from Myrtle Beach to the Santee River. Wrong date requested and then no way to recover the data on what other users were simultaneously pinging the same towers along the way.

I get the sense that this screw up applies to all the relevant cell towers along the route taken by Brittanee’s cell phone (and presumably by Brittanee herself) from Myrtle Beach to the Santee River. Wrong date requested and then no way to recover the data on what other users were simultaneously pinging the same towers along the way.

I totally agree with this. Without much other evidence, cell tower dumps along the way would have been critical. I know that much of the focus based on the tower pings has been on the Santee area, but does anyone know the route that was taken at the beginning, right after the abduction? Did the pings go straight south, or did it go a litttle north first within the city before heading south? I think this would be critical piece of info. Also I would say, if for some miraculous reason they found the Tower dumps at Santee area, then go through each and every phone number check if any number stands out.

This is just crazy. I don't know how I didn't know about this case. I lived and worked in Myrtle Beach during this time. I was young and immature at the time and had no idea about the high rate of human trafficking in the area, I walked that strip - BY MYSELF- all the time. Now I am fascinated with this case.
If anyone hears anything new... I would love to hear more details. I've listened to Crime Junkie's episode and Morbid's new episode. I don't understand how no one has been arrested for this. I feel like there is a ton of circumstantial evidence... Am I missing something? I know physical evidence is what law enforcement wants, but... I feel like they have plenty of information to get started, or at least to try.
I feel like her friends have more to do with this though. Why did they leave suddenly at 2 am? As soon as they found out she was missing? And (according to Morbid Podcast) her two friends were planning on leaving the hotel they were in, for a different hotel, on the last night they were there? That just seems fishy to me. I don't feel like Brittanee knew either, because she was already telling her boyfriend she was not having a good time, I feel like she would have mentioned something like, "now they're leaving me alone in this hotel too?" I have no idea.. I am sure I am missing details, but that's why I'm here!
Thank you all for any info you have. I am all ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23