The 340 has been solved!

Immo...maybe paradice is an anogram. ..just seemed he used the word alot
You do have to wonder whether the misspelling was deliberate.

I'm thrilled that the cipher has been solved, but like many others, I was hoping that it would reveal Zodiac's identity. I'm still hoping that there might be a clue in there somewhere.

I am so happy about this! I feel like the "slaves in paradice" is something I've heard or read before. It's on the tip of my tongue and I just can't recall it. My gut tells me that the paradise misspelling is a clue. I know he misspelled a lot but I think this was an intentional one. Great work!

Could Zodiac have been a priest? Or disgraced clergy? He's talking about slaves with him in paradise. He doesn't fear death. Zodiac could still be military but I'm just wondering if a fall from religious grace set him off.

Last edited:
What a satisfying feeling it must be to have achieved this goal, and to have it confirmed by the FBI. I don’t have even a hint of how much effort it took, or how you did it. I have enormous respect for what you were able to accomplish. It is amazing. Congratulations and bravo! And thanks so much for sharing it here!

I read about this on the news today. I have heard of him before but always assumed he was caugh. So has he not been caught yet ?

I am so happy about this! I feel like the "slaves in paradice" is something I've heard or read before. It's on the tip of my tongue and I just can't recall it. My gut tells me that the paradise misspelling is a clue. I know he misspelled a lot but I think this was an intentional one. Great work!

Could Zodiac have been a priest? Or disgraced clergy? He's talking about slaves with him in paradise. He doesn't fear death. Zodiac could still be military but I'm just wondering if a fall from religious grace set him off.

Paradise lost was what came to my mind straightaway when I saw this.

You do have to wonder whether the misspelling was deliberate.

I'm thrilled that the cipher has been solved, but like many others, I was hoping that it would reveal Zodiac's identity. I'm still hoping that there might be a clue in there somewhere.

It's interesting that the misspelled "paradice" was contained in the "FROM YOUR SECRET PAL" card:

"I feel it in my bones,
You ache to know my name,
And so
I'll clue
You in ... "

Question: I have been looking at the last sentence & wondering if it’s possible zodiac put the words “life is” out of order, so it should read I AM NOT AFRAID BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY NEW LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE IN PARADICE. LIFE IS DEATH. ???

If you google Paradice and slaves.....you get a song called Paradice Slaves by the group Zodiac. Coincidence? I call it creepy
Check out Paradice Slaves by Sewer Screw.
they have another song called blood caked screaming murder.
weird and creepy, imo

there was a play by Gilbert and Sullivan called Mikado. It was a "comic opera". It opened in 1885. In the early years of Zodiac there was reference in news articles of Zodiac integrating lines from Mikado in to his correspondence. I think Paradice is purposely spelled wrong. He is/was not illiterate in any way. The decipher of the 340 also references also references "slaves in paradise" I think there's a clue in there somewhere

I believe the Google search song references to the term “Paradice Slaves” came as a result of the publicity surrounding the ZK’s Halloween card sent to the San Francisco Chronicle in October 1970. In other words, the card came first, then later some folks wrote songs about it. That’s why they come up in searches, with the exact same (mis)spelling of Paradice.

ON BEHALF OF WEBSLEUTHS WELCOME AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are truly amazing!!!! is so exciting!!!!!

Hope to speak with you soon.

Take care
Tricia

BREAKING NEWS

Last weekend, we solved the 340 and submitted it to the FBI.
They have confirmed the solution.
Authorities have spent the time since then making the appropriate notifications to the victims’ families.
Now that the notification process is complete, we are announcing the solution in the latest episode of “Let’s Crack Zodiac”.

For a more detailed look at the story behind the solution, see this article: BREAKING NEWS: The Zodiac’s “340 Cipher” has been solved |

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back