Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• SharkeyWed.jpg
    SharkeyWed.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 191
No Waiting Period? Siggies?
@HouDat thx for your post.
Mesa Co. Clerk issued Marriage license for bride & groom ("authorized to join in marriage" ibm) Dec. 20, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
Marriage certificate (showing officiant "did join in matrimony" ibm) shows same^ date Dec 20, 2019, no space for time.

At bottom of page, I'm having trouble reading the signatures and the form's print.
On left side: preprinted "Witness Signature" two times.
On right side: did TS III sign two times, once as groom then again as officiant?
Or did someone start by signing on wrong line?
Anyone???

Last edited:
No Waiting Period? Siggies?
@HouDat thx for your post.
Mesa Co. Clerk issued Marriage license for bride & groom ("authorized to join in marriage ibm) Dec. 20, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
Marriage certificate (showing officiant "did join in matrimony" ibm) shows same^ date Dec 20, 2019, no space for time.

At bottom of page, I'm having trouble reading the signatures and the form's print.
On left side: preprinted "Witness Signature" two times.
On right side: did TS III sign two times, once as groom then again as officiant?
Or did someone start by signing on wrong line?
Anyone???
In Colorado, you can do a self-solemnized ceremony. No minister or witnesses. Literally walk in to registrar's office, sign, walk out and you are married. My husband and I did this, it took about 15 minutes. Had to provide my divorce decree from previous marriage along with both of our IDs. Had certificate/license mailed to us (we lived in another state) which took about 2 weeks. Easier than Vegas. Moo.
Edit: Just checked the lines again on ours, we both signed as officiants.

Last edited:
In Colorado, you can do a self-solemnized ceremony. No minister or witnesses. Literally walk in to registrar's office, sign, walk out and you are married. My husband and I did this, it took about 15 minutes. Had to provide my divorce decree from previous marriage along with both of our IDs. Had certificate/license mailed to us (we lived in another state) which took about 2 weeks. Easier than Vegas. Moo.
Edit: Just checked the lines again on ours, we both signed as officiants.
@GoneGoldfishin' Thanks for your post.:)
What I thought might be bungled siggies now makes sense now.
I learn something new here every day.;):cool:

This is an interesting case.

The account of her leaving out the back, hopping over a patio fence... in my guess would be high heels if she actually left on her own accord, is unlikely along with said Ring at the front door and is most glaringly concerning.

IMO I believe her friends quite possibly know of another man, which is why they were seemingly slow to react. Some of their behavior may seem off due to narcissistic tendencies, and perhaps other info they would not want known such as social/recreational drug use etc.

Her husband already told us she was “intoxicated” and “under the influence”

Though some things about this case still really hang me up! We just might be surprised...

The account of her leaving out the back, hopping over a patio fence... in my guess would be high heels if she actually left on her own accord, is unlikely along with said Ring at the front door and is most glaringly concerning.

IMO I believe her friends quite possibly know of another man, which is why they were seemingly slow to react. Some of their behavior may seem off due to narcissistic tendencies, and perhaps other info they would not want known such as social/recreational drug use etc.

Though some things about this case still really hang me up! We just might be surprised...

I am in agreement with this. <modsnip> This lifestyle is well known to me as my daughter works within the industry and has mutual acquaintances. Again IMO it was accidental, some dabble in the drugs, not hardcore or anything but lifestyle to stay up and entertain all night and influence the night life excitement. If Alexis was already intoxicated it could have easily turned out bad with a laced drug which she succumbed to. IMO I think once the perp woke up realized she had OD, panicked and placed her to as close to home they could. I think it’s that simple. Her social media is so mysterious and her photos are breathtaking. She is good at MLM and knows how to impress. Unfortunately something went wrong. My heart goes out to her family during this difficult time. RIP Alexis.

Last edited by a moderator:

It could also be that her friends might not feel safe.

Next of Kin, on Med Examiner Site? Responsible for Cost?
Wow @Karennn7 - great catch! Case ML20-5072. Case Status View attachment 275254
@Steeletowngirl Yes, a great catch and thx for your post.
So if ME's site initially listed NoK as Thomas S., then changed to Parents, was it to correct a mistake, or other reason?
Who is NoK, for purposes of determining disposition of remains; if first NoK does not come forward, who is next NoK?
TX statute* lists and ranks NoK, if the first person does not make arrangements within 6 to 10 days.**

ARS: last seen Nov 27; reported missing Nov 28(?); and remains recovered Nov 28-29?
So even if Thomas S was officially notified of death on Nov 30, if he did not make arrangements w'in 6 days, his right to control would be terminated ~Dec 6 (?) then NoK's right would be passed to her parents. IIUC.

Per statute below, appears that person acting as NoK is also "liable for reasonable cost of interment." hmm. m2cts.

"Control of Disposition of Decedent’s Remains The following persons, in the order listed, have the right to control disposition and are liable for the reasonable cost of interment: 1. the person designated by the decedent; 2. the decedent ’s surviving spouse; 3. any one of the decedent ’s surviving adult children; 4. either one of the decedent’s surviving parents; 5...." bbm

** "If the person with the right to control the disposition fails to make final arrangements within six days after receiving notice of the death or within 10 days after the date of death, whichever is earliest, the person is presumed to be unable/unwilling to control disposition and the person’s right to control disposition is terminated and passed to the next person on the above priority list. Any dispute about disposition must be resolved by a court of competent jurisdiction." bbm
Also:
https://ifs.harriscountytx.gov/Documents/familyinformationbrochure.pdf

Last edited:
She isn’t from Texas and my guess is her Mom and Dad want her to be released back to them. My guess is that’s all it is. They changed it to let her go back to her home. I have no idea who is involved but either way that is where she is from. Neither AS or her husband is from Houston

<modsnip>I totally stand with her friends for keeping their mouth shut in the beginning and not feeling to concerned when he called the husband/boyfriend of one of the friends.

I also wouldn’t be super shocked if the husband only told the friend about Tom calling him about Alexis the next day, when they started talking about her not texting back.

This is all a big IF, I’m not accusing anyone of anything. Just saying. Some stuff sounds weird on the husband’s side and on the friends’ side. <modsnip> At this point, I still can’t have a definitive opinion, I keep going back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>I totally stand with her friends for keeping their mouth shut in the beginning and not feeling to concerned when he called the husband/boyfriend of one of the friends.

I also wouldn’t be super shocked if the husband only told the friend about Tom calling him about Alexis the next day, when they started talking about her not texting back.

This is all a big IF, I’m not accusing anyone of anything. Just saying. Some stuff sounds weird on the husband’s side and on the friends’ side. <modsnip> At this point, I still can’t have a definitive opinion, I keep going back and forth.

The link is buried here somewhere, but IIRC, AS' husband called AS' friend's boyfriend Friday night, asking if they or the friends knew where she was. AS' friend, then commented to the media that she knew something was wrong Friday night when that call came in. I'm not sure if that's the friend you're referring to but at least that one, and her boyfriend knew Friday night that AS was missing.

The link is buried here somewhere, but IIRC, AS' husband called AS' friend's boyfriend Friday night, asking if they or the friends knew where she was. AS' friend, then commented to the media that she knew something was wrong Friday night when that call came in. I'm not sure if that's the friend you're referring to but at least that one, and her boyfriend knew Friday night that AS was missing.
Interesting, thanks.

Next of Kin. Changed on ME Website?
I don’t know if anyone else noticed her case status NOK relationship changed from TS to her parents
@Karennn7 Thx. Did it say "Thomas S-----" or "Husband"?
Uh oh!! It definitely said HUSBAND even yesterday!
@kelsie Thx. Did it say "Husband" not "Thomas S-----" ?

Did ME's website initially show NoK as "Husband" for 6 or 10 days,* then change to "Parents"? If so, tends to
indicate change occurred because "Husband" (or his chosen funeral home) did not contact ME to identify as her NoK, eligible to make final arrangements, w'in the statutory 6 or 10 day period, so the website NoK defaulted to "Parents."

Q: Why does ME's listing show generic NoK like "husband" or "parents" and not actual names?
A: LE and/or ME staff cannot identify who - by name - is each NoK to use on listing before a person purporting to be NoK comes forward. When purported NOK makes final arrangements (thru funeral home), ME staff can determine whether that person is the eligible NoK.

Q: Why the time limitation?
A: The ME can retain bodies only so long. Think of the number of bodies that could accumulate unclaimed in ME custody in a place like Houston, Harris County, TX.
I could be wrong, just my2cts.
* More in my post 1131. "If the person with the right to control the disposition fails to make final arrangements within six days after receiving notice of the death or within 10 days after the date of death, whichever is earliest, the person is presumed to be unable/unwilling to control disposition and the person’s right to control disposition is terminated and passed to the next person on the above priority list." from http://tfsc.texas.gov/files/News/Facts About Funerals English.pdf

In regards to Next of kin status mentioned. I’m trying to think. Maybe it was just the right thing to do as a new spouse opposed to lifelong parents. Plus if things were going sour it would be the appropriate thing to do. He didn’t have to do that. And can’t be forced unless arrested. Have they released her body? I haven’t read up thread.

Right thing to do? Can't be Forced?
In regards to Next of kin status mentioned. I’m trying to think. Maybe it was just the right thing to do as a new spouse opposed to lifelong parents. Plus if things were going sour it would be the appropriate thing to do. He didn’t have to do that. And can’t be forced unless arrested. Have they released her body? I haven’t read up thread.
@Jackielee009 bbm Not sure I'm following your post, but I :confused: can be pretty dense o_O sometimes.
What was the "right thing to do"? Who did it?
2. "can't be forced to"? To do what? If not referring to TS, then who? How does arrest relate to "forced to"? TiA.

Heading to kitchen for more coffee. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members