Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Supermom' Sherri Papini hopes for break in case amid hoax claims | Daily Mail Online

Her new comments come after a mystery tipster reportedly contacted the Shasta County Sheriff's Office to claim that Papini was with him the whole time she was missing.

A law enforcement source told the New York Post that the man had called them a few months ago.

'He said, basically, that it was a hoax', the source reportedly said.

Sherri obviously has not gotten the help she needs if "she hopes for a break in the case."

I can see why LE released the tipster info.

Well I'm afraid I can't agree with all the people who say it was a prank. I do believe she was taken and mistreated. However I also believe that she knows why - and is now too terrified to say anything.
Hello all, I am here again to say that I have changed my mind! I now find myself in agreement with everyone who thinks it was a hoax. Partly because of the man who recently came forward. But of course we still don't actually know, and maybe never will. I can live with that, and I wish Sherri and her family well.

I usually don't watch video coverage on cases but I was telling someone about this one and showed her the Dateline story. I'll say this, that Sheriff's level of professionalism did not impress me which consequently gives me less confidence in the veracity of this "leaked tip" from out of his office.

If she wanted attention- she could have easily been on every talk show, had a tv movie of the week, done a book.
No appearances, no public pleas from family to find her kidnappers, no one is saying anything.
She and her family appear to be recluses, afraid to say or do anything - fear of the kidnappers? Or family just wanting the scrutiny to go away and hope the public forgets?
JMO

What did she have to gain from the hoax though?
My take has been that she was in the habit of occasionally taking off for a couple of days to spend time with <ahem> someone other than her husband. The Michigan Man and the new dude from SOCAL line up with this, as does KP immediately using the "find my phone" app, rather than calling her, texting her, calling friends and family, etc.

KP was fed up, reported her missing, and blew up the news. The whole "super mom," "our girl," and "signature hair" was OTT and ridiculous, and perhaps could be read as snide or sarcastic.

And ultimately, he knew she wouldn't miss Thanksgiving with her family.

She was embarrassed and humiliated, did (or had done) just enough damage to herself to somewhat support a kidnapping story, but not so much as to have to be kept in the hospital for any length of time. And refused a rape kit.

And now she has learned her lesson, and stays home with Keith, happily ever after.

I think the $50k go gimme money was an unexpected plus.

My take has been that she was in the habit of occasionally taking off for a couple of days to spend time with <ahem> someone other than her husband. The Michigan Man and the new dude from SOCAL line up with this, as does KP immediately using the "find my phone" app, rather than calling her, texting her, calling friends and family, etc.

KP was fed up, reported her missing, and blew up the news. The whole "super mom," "our girl," and "signature hair" was OTT and ridiculous, and perhaps could be read as snide or sarcastic.

She was embarrassed and humiliated, did (or had done) just enough damage to herself to somewhat support a kidnapping story, but not so much as to have to be kept in the hospital for any length of time. And refused a rape kit.

And now she has learned her lesson, and stays home with Keith, happily ever after.

Bravo!

Exactly.

I hate that she is blamed in so many comments here. I thought there were rules about victim blaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd