Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex vs Associated Newspapers

I am sure they miss things.
But MOO take away the glamor of royalness and a family dynamic no one would would want to be around or raise a child in emerges.
It's not ideal on the maternal side, jmo. If truly escaping the RF was their plan then they would stay away from the limelight but their PR keeps pushing positive stories about them that they want. The lawsuit goal for them is to rein in what they dont want ppl to hear. They want control and media is a freedom of speech. They have no chance winning and that shows by previous court rulings in this suit.

It's not ideal on the maternal side, jmo. If truly escaping the RF was their plan then they would stay away from the limelight but their PR keeps pushing positive stories about them that they want. The lawsuit goal for them is to rein in what they dont want ppl to hear. They want control and media is a freedom of speech. They have no chance winning and that shows by previous court rulings in this suit.
MOO the lawsuit is about ownership. She owns the letter, seems quite clear to me.

MOO the lawsuit is about ownership. She owns the letter, seems quite clear to me.
Yes, the lawsuit is about ownership (although that isn't as straightforward as it may seem), but the only reason it is about ownership is because the judge threw out all her claims about the stories she didn't like. Her intention was a much broader suit.

Yes, the lawsuit is about ownership (although that isn't as straightforward as it may seem), but the only reason it is about ownership is because the judge threw out all her claims about the stories she didn't like. Her intention was a much broader suit.
True. She wanted unfairness to be part of the suit, but has had to settle for a narrow complaint.

True. She wanted unfairness to be part of the suit, but has had to settle for a narrow complaint.
I don't think "unfairness" is a real legal concept. I wonder why she didn't file a libel suit?:rolleyes: Rhetorical question, she didn't file a libel suit because the stories she was unhappy about likely didn't meet the definition of libel.

I don't think "unfairness" is a real legal concept. I wonder why she didn't file a libel suit?:rolleyes: Rhetorical question, she didn't file a libel suit because the stories she was unhappy about likely didn't meet the definition of libel.

I think Harry is covering libel or defamation in his most recent lawsuit? Can we discuss other Harry and Meghan lawsuits on this thread?

Self reporting to ask.

JMO

MOO her original suit covered being untruthful, I believe meaning press reps lied to her father to get him to give the press things.
If she drops the suit, MOO would mean she gave up on her Dad completely.

In your opinion they have no chance. In my opinion it's clear copyright infringement, as letters are covered.

Last edited:
MOO her original suit covered being untruthful, I believe meaning press reps lied to her father to get him to give the press things.
If she drops the suit, MOO would mean she gave up on her Dad completely.

Respectfully BBM, for emphasis.

JMO, that's pretty much the general consensus after she indirectly filed a lawsuit against a newspaper for something he did. Sorting out her differences with her father in court and in the news media seems to mean her relationship with him is over. JMO

In your opinion they have no chance. In my opinion it's clear copyright infringement, as letters are covered.
She gave up her privacy rights because she shared contents of it with her 5 friends. Also her side leaked one part of the letter and her father gave the whole letter to the paper with consent. MM and H are playing fire and want special treatment for a legacy and shining star moment to feed their personal instabilities. JMO

Respectfully BBM, for emphasis.

JMO, that's pretty much the general consensus after she indirectly filed a lawsuit against a newspaper for something he did. Sorting out her differences with her father in court and in the news media seems to mean her relationship with him is over. JMO
Well, if she wins he might realize he was used.

Here is the article he said made him give (sell) her letter to the DM.

Meghan Markle's Best Friends Break Their Silence: 'We Want to Speak the Truth'

She gave up her privacy rights because she shared contents of it with her 5 friends. Also her side leaked one part of the letter and her father gave the whole letter to the paper with consent. MM and H are playing fire and want special treatment for a legacy and shining star moment to feed their personal instabilities. JMO
Can you show me where in the People article you believe that happened?
Meghan Markle's Best Friends Break Their Silence: 'We Want to Speak the Truth'

People article where letter is mentioned, cited by Thomas M. As the reason he sold it.
Published Feb 6, 10:00 am
The Truth About Meghan Markle’s Dad — and the Letter She Wrote Him After the Wedding

The Sun Article with "full" letter acquired from Thomas M. Published Feb 10, 5:06 pm 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8396792/meghan-markle-letter-read-dad-thomas/amp/

I don't see anything in the People article interviewee's casual reference to the letter that would affect copyright.

Did Meghan visit her parents after the engagement (prior to the wedding)?

I thought they visited each to introduce Harry and share the upcoming nuptials as well as to give them heads up on what to expect media wise and how to handle it?

Or was protocol explained in the letter?

The High Court judge ruling on Meghan's privacy legal action against the Mail on Sunday will hand down a judgement tomorrow. Mr Justice Warby is deciding whether it should go to a full trial - or whether he will give a "summary judgement" and decide the case himself

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back