Identified! IL - Chicago, UP68274, skeletal, found in backyard, Dream catcher necklace, 16 Mar 2020 - Cheyann Klus

Walko

Reaction score
Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number ME2020-01424
Demographics
Sex Other
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Nickname/Alias--
Estimated Age Group Cannot Determine
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate
Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 16, 2020
NamUs Case Created April 17, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found
Location Chicago, Illinois
County Cook County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery UNKNOWN human remains discovered behind a residence located at 6832 S Dorchester Ave, Chicago IL.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color Unknown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Attachments

• dreamcatcher.jpg
    dreamcatcher.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 214
Case Number
ME2020-01424
Date Found
03/16/2020
Location Found
6832 S Dorchester, Chicago IL 60637
Location Details
Found in Backyard
Description
Tattoo: Dream catcher necklace

Looks more like an dreamcatcher earring?

I pray this person gets identified

Cute house!

streetview

image from 6832 S Dorchester Ave, Chicago, IL - 2 baths

Looks to me that the car has been beside the house quite a while?

So sad that there is barely no information. That shepard's hook earring back is unique I couldn't find one quite like it on Google, if it is an earring back.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 136
  • sad.jpg
    sad.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 131
I would call those ear wire “French ear wires” and they are quite easy to make, so they can be made at home with a couple of pliers from a craft store. The lack of “balls” makes me think they are most likely base metal aka German silver (which has no silver), plated silver or other metal. The size of the dream catcher could make it either an earring or a small pendant.

What a pretty girl...
I see a more solid disc, with either copper or rose gold (rose gold has been very hot in jewelry) with a pattern on it... I would guess a pattern, or monogram or name as the name pendants are quite popular. I don’t see the “airiness” of a dream catcher or the usual feathers (usually in metal for a necklace or earrings, I have some, they are thin and light).

I would guess plastic only because wood would have deteriorated in the same time frame as the skeleton. It is very hard to tell. I don’t see a seam. It is a clean break though and I would guess wood would splinter? The thread is interesting. Like it is waxed.

Anyone else wondering why the sex has not been determined yet? It says the skeleton was near or fully complete. I'm guessing the pelvis would be there even if some little bones have been lost?
btw, im on mobile; anyone have a namus link?

Anyone else wondering why the sex has not been determined yet? It says the skeleton was near or fully complete. I'm guessing the pelvis would be there even if some little bones have been lost?
?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (NAMUS LINK)
Cook County's medical examiner is pretty notoriously not amazing with unidentified remains, so I'm not shocked that this case is pretty sparse. Last year, an unidentified man was misidentified as a 45-year-old Black man, when he was actually a 31-year-old white man, and it took the family hiring a PI to track him down.
Missing Man Was In Cook County Morgue All Along, Misidentified

Cook County's medical examiner is pretty notoriously not amazing with unidentified remains, so I'm not shocked that this case is pretty sparse. Last year, an unidentified man was misidentified as a 45-year-old Black man, when he was actually a 31-year-old white man, and it took the family hiring a PI to track him down.
That’s so sad. Why is he not fired?

The same thing happened to Rubber City Boy, he was misidentified as an Asian male when he was really a black male. They do seem to have an abysmal record when it comes to UIDs.

What a ridiculous story..I know...it must be a difficult job...but sorry...maybe this person is an alien from Mars...(sarcasm) Sex: Other??!! Say what?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back