Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused about the directions being referred to, as I thought Kelbaker Road runs roughly north-south?

It always surprises me that Google Maps doesn't have a direction indicator. When I was at school our geography teacher impressed upon us that the first thing to add when drawing a map is an arrow pointing north. Woe betide us if we missed it out!

But not challenging in terms of distance or gradient.

Yes, I found this a bit confusing too. As you say, Kelbaker runs roughly north and south. They were "hiking" on the west side of the road and their 5th wheel and truck were parked on the east side.

I love that you let your Rottweilers enjoy this scouting :) I would reward big time for this type of good work! The nose, knows.

One should never underestimate Spot the family dog in finding human bones and trying to bring them to a second location. Whether it's back home or to the owner to see what they proudly found.

I've heard of folks on more residential area searches say pay attention to any family dogs that might be in the area, if something stands out, get permission to check the yards of those dogs even. IMO
Dogs always follow their nose and if people only took the time to really watch their dog and the subtle change in their behaviours exhibited when engaged in different everyday activities and tasks then they would see a whole vista of things open up before their eyes as they look through the eyes and noses of their dogs observations. It’s amazing really, especially like yourself @ K9Enzo where you work with your dog or have done so previously. Even down to the crude basics of knowing when your dog is going to partake in an every day activity such as taking a number 2! Lol
I love to watch my dogs nose go down as he looks for the perfect place , following a trail of scent before turning around and around and around in circles before squatting! Sorry to be so basic but it reinforces my point. Their behaviour traits, once observed, tell us an awful lot about what is happening in our immediate vicinity.....

DEC 16, 2020
Remains of woman lost in Mojave Desert last year found
[...]

According to Supervisor Jeff Lewison of the San Bernardino County Sheriff Coroner's Division, her body was located on November 27 of this year in the desert near Essex, California.

An autopsy has been completed, Lewison confirmed, but the cause of death is still pending.

[...]

"Sheriff's Department began to pursue other leads after searches for her were unsuccessful. Her husband hired an attorney after he was reported by San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies to have failed a polygraph test in July, according to previous News-Herald reporting."

"Sheriff's Department began to pursue other leads after searches for her were unsuccessful. Her husband hired an attorney after he was reported by San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies to have failed a polygraph test in July, according to previous News-Herald reporting."

Isn’t that inaccurate? My recollection is that he self-reported how he did on the polygraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123