Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
While searching for the article that explained that the black SUV seen near Jennifer's had been identified as belonging to someone else, I rain across two articles that relate to the evidence and case. (I didn't find the article that confirmed the second suburban was identified as belonging to someone else in New Canaan area.
The first article from the Stamford Advocate talks about the bicycle:

"One key video police found was of a man riding a bicycle from a red pickup truck believed to have been used by Fotis Dulos to get to New Canaan the day his wife vanished, Colangelo said.

“You can’t tell it’s him, but we found the bike (on video) in the pickup truck driving back up from the parkway,” he said.

Through videos provided by neighbors, businesses and state transportation cameras, police said they believe they traced Fotis Dulos’ path leading to and from his estranged wife’s home that day, according to arrest warrants.

Prosecutor: No 'evidence' of Jennifer Dulos at Hartford trash plant

From NBC CT at the one year anniversary....some good reminders:

[...]
It hadn’t been 24 hours since Jennifer Dulos was reported missing when state police say her estranged husband Fotis Dulos was already raising more than just questions but serious red flags.

“I believe initially he was trying to fish for information to see what we knew,” Ventresca said.

“You don’t show up six hours later with an attorney and have a defense team already. To me that’s just that’s just bizarre,” Ventresca said.

Ventresca and Detective John Kimball said the busy home building businessman’s cellphone left at his Farmington house the morning of Jennifer’s murder raised even more questions.

“He had a missed call, after missed call, after missed call and wasn’t responding to text messages, realtors,” Ventresca said.

Investigators said Fotis Dulos' cellphone data points later led them to Albany Avenue, where Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo now says Fotis made
six stops, not 30 stops as originally alleged in the initial arrest warrant, dropping off trash bags with items that contained Jennifer’s blood."

Dulos Investigators One Year Later: ‘Our Closure is Finding Jennifer'

Oh, I wanted to add this quote by Attorney Colangelo. KM and MT should probably pay attention to this information.

After Fotis Dulos died by suicide, attention has turned to his alleged co-conspirators, Kent Mawhinney and Michelle Troconis.

Both are out on bail while awaiting charges of tampering with evidence, hindering a prosecution, and conspiring to commit murder.

"Anyone that commits a crime, anyone that conspires to commit a crime should be accountable for what they do," says Colangelo. "So while I’m not going to specifically talk about those two individuals, I can say that we have probable cause and we can prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, there’s not a prosecutor in the state that won’t try the case."

The search for Jennifer Dulos continues | fox61.com

Last edited:
Blood was found in JDs 2017 Suburban:
“The police also said they found “blood spatter” on and inside Ms. Dulos’s black S.U.V., which was found abandoned near a park three miles from her home.” NYT 1/28/2020

My recollection is that the FD damaged 2015 Suburban seen on Thurston was ruled out somewhere along the way, anyone else remember that? And that’s why it has never appeared in an AW?
(This was from the huge dump of search warrants, not all search warrants pan out, and no date or time is specified in the search warrant).
You can find a link to the 467 pages of search warrants in this media article if you want to search them:
Search warrants outline evidence collected during Dulos investigation

In the meantime, here’s where it was mentioned previously in our thread:

Post 942, thread 37, posted by @sds71 1/16/2020:

Marissa Alter

I’ve been hearing from a lot of you with questions about the 2015 black Chevy Suburban spotted 600 feet (through the woods) from Jennifer Dulos’ home. This is a car owned by Fotis Dulos—not to be confused with Jennifer’s 2017 black Chevy Suburban that was found abandoned near Waveny Park. The 2015 car was not mentioned in Fotis Dulos’ arrest warrant. But we learned about in the search warrants released yesterday. No date or time is included for when this alleged sighting happened, but the way the search warrant narrative is written seems to imply it was the morning Jennifer disappeared. That would suggest an accomplice in New Canaan with Fotis Dulos on May 24th. The search warrants also show that police seized that 2017 vehicle and found a floor liner with bloodline stains. Again, this was not included in the arrest warrant but does bring up some questions.
^^bbm

I understood that FD's 2015 Suburban was left out because it was believed that FD drove his employee's red Toyota with the antique bike loaded in the truck bed on the day of the murder. I also don't think the 2015 SUV seen belonged to FD. I really hate sleuthing vehicle details so I best stop here!

If, by leaving JFD's car near Waveny Park, FD intended that it look like a kidnapping of her while she was jogging, why would he leave her handbag at Welles? I recall the nanny said it was on the floor in a doorway.
Also, AW said there was a period of around 45 minutes where FD wasn't shown on video (after leaving Waveny). Wondered if KM came for the body--tho' they would've had to have burner phones to communicate. Moo

Maybe she always did that when she jogged and just took a small wallet. Whether or not it is true in this instance, despite FD’s self-image of himself as so brilliant that he could outsmart LE and everyone else (even Websleuths!) and get away with this horrendous crime, he clearly was mistaken. I’m glad about every mistake he made that helps brings justice but how I wish he’d been smart enough to know he’d be caught; if he had, he wouldn’t have done it, I don’t think because he did not want to go to jail, as we know. MOO.

Maybe she always did that when she jogged and just took a small wallet. Whether or not it is true in this instance, despite FD’s self-image of himself as so brilliant that he could outsmart LE and everyone else (even Websleuths!) and get away with this horrendous crime, he clearly was mistaken. I’m glad about every mistake he made that helps brings justice but how I wish he’d been smart enough to know he’d be caught; if he had, he wouldn’t have done it, I don’t think because he did not want to go to jail, as we know. MOO.

If I had to guess, I'd say she left her purse at home for the brief round trip to drop the children off at school.

I wonder if her car door was open at the time of the first blow.

I don't think injuring her was part of the plan, not at that stage. Subdue, restrain, abduct.

I believe he had a master, diabolical plan in mind for the second location.

As to her purse.... Jennifer's attention that morning was on her children, getting them up and ready and off to school, then home to get ready for her appointment. I wonder if she didn't have papers toward that purpose stuck in her purse. It's something I do. I also put stuff like that directly in my path SO I can't forget it.

Did FD help himself to them?

JMO

I don't recall that second Suburban being ruled out. I thought we had a long conversation here about Thule carriers, on, off, reversed.

Just because something isn't in an AA doesn't mean it's not evidence....

The DA also has a case against KM. His phone may have been at 4 JC overnight, no? Turned on at a certain preplanned time.... LE knows if his CAR arrived and left 4 JC..... if only his phone was there, he was elsewhere. Who retrieved the bike? Who transported the body?

That missing chunk of time.... a switch between Suburbans, rolled up in a trunk liner, only to be disposed of later?

We DON'T know what got on the seats of the Tacoma. A lot of blood? A little blood? Blood transfer? From whatever FD had been wearing, from trash bags used 69 Welles? From a body? I think MT didn't have an answer because she truly didn't know who had what in what vehicle for that early span of time, but it seemed likely to her Jennifer must have been in it at some point.

Remember, had there been no bloodshed, likely FD planned to get to the Tacoma back in place. He'd need a ride. He'd need a transport. How they thought they could move all those vehicles and not get caught is stupefying.

There's a wealth of data the DA saved for trial, on all the players. Maybe more bus footage. Phone dumps and potential burner phones. Glorious mistakes. And now a begrudging flipper. Delicious if they can up the charges against the other co-conspirator, or just make sure the original ones stick, toward conviction to the max.

The hero remains Jennifer. Ambushed. Fought with everything she had to make sure LE knew who did it. So her children could be protected.

They live with immeasurable sadness but they're safe. She did that.

JMO

Last edited:
While searching for the article that explained that the black SUV seen near Jennifer's had been identified as belonging to someone else, I rain across two articles that relate to the evidence and case. (I didn't find the article that confirmed the second suburban was identified as belonging to someone else in New Canaan area.
The first article from the Stamford Advocate talks about the bicycle:

"One key video police found was of a man riding a bicycle from a red pickup truck believed to have been used by Fotis Dulos to get to New Canaan the day his wife vanished, Colangelo said.

“You can’t tell it’s him, but we found the bike (on video) in the pickup truck driving back up from the parkway,” he said.

Through videos provided by neighbors, businesses and state transportation cameras, police said they believe they traced Fotis Dulos’ path leading to and from his estranged wife’s home that day, according to arrest warrants.

Prosecutor: No 'evidence' of Jennifer Dulos at Hartford trash plant

From NBC CT at the one year anniversary....some good reminders:

[...]
It hadn’t been 24 hours since Jennifer Dulos was reported missing when state police say her estranged husband Fotis Dulos was already raising more than just questions but serious red flags.

“I believe initially he was trying to fish for information to see what we knew,” Ventresca said.

“You don’t show up six hours later with an attorney and have a defense team already. To me that’s just that’s just bizarre,” Ventresca said.

Ventresca and Detective John Kimball said the busy home building businessman’s cellphone left at his Farmington house the morning of Jennifer’s murder raised even more questions.

“He had a missed call, after missed call, after missed call and wasn’t responding to text messages, realtors,” Ventresca said.

Investigators said Fotis Dulos' cellphone data points later led them to Albany Avenue, where Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo now says Fotis made
six stops, not 30 stops as originally alleged in the initial arrest warrant, dropping off trash bags with items that contained Jennifer’s blood."

Dulos Investigators One Year Later: ‘Our Closure is Finding Jennifer'

Oh, I wanted to add this quote by Attorney Colangelo. KM and MT should probably pay attention to this information.

After Fotis Dulos died by suicide, attention has turned to his alleged co-conspirators, Kent Mawhinney and Michelle Troconis.

Both are out on bail while awaiting charges of tampering with evidence, hindering a prosecution, and conspiring to commit murder.

"Anyone that commits a crime, anyone that conspires to commit a crime should be accountable for what they do," says Colangelo. "So while I’m not going to specifically talk about those two individuals, I can say that we have probable cause and we can prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, there’s not a prosecutor in the state that won’t try the case."

The search for Jennifer Dulos continues | fox61.com

I do remember reading that the SUV seen on a nearby road was ruled out. But then came across that bit of NYT article that said it wasn't (can't even access that NYT excerpt now) I assume LE checked the GPS on FD's SUV.

I'd think that if FD was purposely leaving his phone home--so it could make it appear he was in Farmington, particularly if MT was to answer a call from Greece to it--that FD would then have had a burner phone with him on his trip to NC, b/c who would go off today on a trip of some length, let alone to carry out a conspiracy, without a cell phone? But then later that day, it's said that he made a call to KM on FD's own cell phone, after the Albany Ave run. Why wouldn't he have used the burner phone for that, if he had one? MOO

I don't recall that second Suburban being ruled out. I thought we had a long conversation here about Thule carriers, on, off, reversed.

The DA also has a case against KM. His phone may have been at 4 JC overnight, no? Turned on at a certain preplanned time.... LE knows if his CAR arrived and left 4 JC..... if only his phone was there, he was elsewhere. Who retrieved the bike? Who transported the body?

That missing chunk of time.... a switch between Suburbans, rolled up in a trunk liner, only to be disposed of later?

We DON'T know what got on the seats of the Tacoma. A lot of blood? A little blood? Blood transfer? From whatever FD had been wearing, from trash bags used 69 Welles? From a body? I think MT didn't have an answer because she truly didn't know who had what in what vehicle for that early span of time, but it seemed likely to her Jennifer must have been in it at some point.

Remember, had there been no bloodshed, likely FD planned to get to the Tacoma back in place. He'd need a ride. He'd need a transport. How they thought they could move all those vehicles and not get caught is stupefying.

There's a wealth of data the DA saved for trial, on all the players. Maybe more bus footage. Phone dumps and potential burner phones. Glorious mistakes. And now a begrudging flipper. Delicious if they can up the charges against the other co-conspirator, or just make sure the original ones stick, toward conviction to the max.

The hero remains Jennifer. Ambushed. Fought with everything she had to make sure LE knew who did it. So her children could be protected.

JMO
Just found the source of FD's Suburban being ruled out as the Suburban on Thurton and wanted to clarify for the record:

MARISSA ALTER
"DULOS INVESTIGATORS/PROSECUTOR SPEAK: I sat down yesterday with Det. John Kimball and Sgt. Kenneth Ventresca of Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime and Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo Jr. to talk about the Jennifer Dulos case leading up to Sunday's grim milestone. Here are some of the things they had to say.

"CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on the mention in a search warrant of a black Chevy Suburban similar to Dulos' parked near Jennifer's home, though no date or time was given: "Initially there was a thought a vehicle might've been in the neighborhood. We were able to rule out that vehicle. It was not anything to do with Mr. Dulos, but just looking at that one search warrant it would lead people to believe, 'Oh hey, this is it.' Well, no. We had to trace it down. The investigators, the detectives had to do their investigation, and you know--it kind of--it was ruled out."

Marissa Alter

And twitter (in case FB isn't allowed as a source):
https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1263936791859679232
https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1263942260829364225

Wonder what is going on in Michi land. No IG post since 11/22. Almost leads me to believe (hoping I am wrong), now that maybe some of the cat is out of the bag, they both will plead guilty to a lesser charge and avoid jail time. This is just my opinion, since there is complete radio silence now.

JMO
BBM.
Oh my goodness.
So well said.
MOO.

Has it ever been determined that Anna Curry’s role was simply a bit player or something greater?
I don’t think there was ever any connection of AC to events of the crime. FD only brought her into the picture when he needed bail money. Very revealing of his selfishness. He just uses people to advance his cause.

If, by leaving JFD's car near Waveny Park, FD intended that it look like a kidnapping of her while she was jogging, why would he leave her handbag at Welles? I recall the nanny said it was on the floor in a doorway.
Also, AW said there was a period of around 45 minutes where FD wasn't shown on video (after leaving Waveny). Wondered if KM came for the body--tho' they would've had to have burner phones to communicate. Moo

JMO

I LOVE this post about Jennifer!

“The hero remains Jennifer. Ambushed. Fought with everything she had to make sure LE knew who did it. So her children could be protected.
They live with immeasurable sadness but they're safe. She did that.”

Yes, she did! Thank you!

I don’t think there was ever any connection of AC to events of the crime. FD only brought her into the picture when he needed bail money. Very revealing of his selfishness. He just uses people to advance his cause.
In turn, he was used by his lawyer, NP--IMO-- re the $250k fee taken. And not even a ride to the courthouse given.

A remote hearing was scheduled for yesterday in the cases brought against Norm Pattis by FD’s estate administrator and by Trustee for Farber Trust re $250k fee NP collected from FD. Hearing was shown as “proceeding” until later in day when it was marked “off”. New hearing now scheduled for 1/21/21. NP’s tax returns should be challenging. Will they show the $250k as income for 2020? Even tho’ he may have to give a chunk of it back to the estate?

In turn, he was used by his lawyer, NP--IMO-- re the $250k fee taken. And not even a ride to the courthouse given.

A remote hearing was scheduled for yesterday in the cases brought against Norm Pattis by FD’s estate administrator and by Trustee for Farber Trust re $250k fee NP collected from FD. Hearing was shown as “proceeding” until later in day when it was marked “off”. New hearing now scheduled for 1/21/21. NP’s tax returns should be challenging. Will they show the $250k as income for 2020? Even tho’ he may have to give a chunk of it back to the estate?

Lol....I'm betting NP won't report any of that income in 2020.

If necessary, he'll file an amended tax return in 2021 or when reminded by the IRS. :p

Lol....I'm betting NP won't report any of that income in 2020.

If necessary, he'll file an amended tax return in 2021 or when reminded by the IRS. :p
Weinstein's complaint says it was paid to P&S (LLC), then distributed to NP. So IMO it was NP's income. So I wonder if he made an estimated payment on the windfall to both IRS and CT Dept of Rev Svcs. That wd show his intent--as to whether he was going to keep it in escrow to draw from as they earned it, or whether he put it into his own investment right away. I'd guess the latter.

Didn’t she say
if she was really dead her mother would be looking for her body
I have no sympathy for her. moo
No doubt AC was parroting FD -- just the same, no sympathy from me either.

FD knew his narc supply from MT was about to go dry and wasted no time with AC waiting in the wings. That toxic man FD was textbook. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken