CANADA - Fashion Mogul Peter Nygard Arrested on Suspicion of Rape, Assault, Trafficking, Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

scapa

Reaction score
Arrested today;

Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard arrested in Winnipeg under Extradition Act

WINNIPEG -- Winnipeg fashion mogul Peter Nygard has been arrested by Winnipeg police under Section 13 of the Extradition Act, and has been indicted by authorities in the United States.

Late Tuesday morning, the Southern District of New York unsealed an indictment against Nygard, which includes nine counts, including sex trafficking and racketeering.

There are remarkable overlaps between his case and the Epstein/ Maxwell setup.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/peter-nygard-lawsuit-bahamas-wfpcbc-cbc-1.5834324

From the article:

Two women who allege fashion executive Peter Nygard raped them when they were teenagers are suing Nygard's so-called "top girlfriend" and "recruiter," and the talent agent and agency representing her.

The accusations are made in two separate lawsuits filed in the U.S., in which the women allege the defendants conspired to provide Nygard "with a steady pool of victims."

The first lawsuit was filed in Miami by a Florida woman on Oct. 22. She claims Nygard raped her in 2010 when she was 18, and that Instagram model Suelyn Medeiros was partially to blame for allegedly luring her to the Bahamas.

There's also this longer read on the history of some key players:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/peter-nygard

Parallels to Jeffrey Epstein, but also this:

“Two sons of Winnipeg fashion mogul Peter Nygard are suing their father, alleging he hired a sex worker to rape them when they were teenagers.

“She was instructed to quote ‘make a man out of them’,” the brothers’ lawyer Greg Guzler told CTV News on Monday.

According to court documents filed in the Southern District of New York on Sunday, Nygard’s sons, identified only as John Doe No. 1 and John Doe No. 2, allege they were sexually assaulted when they were 14 and 15 years old.

Nygard’s lawyer Jay Prober told CTV News his client “categorically denies” the allegations. Prober said the accusations are short on details and are part of a campaign against Nygard. ...”

Sons of Peter Nygard file lawsuit, allege he paid a sex worker to rape them as teenagers

More heat for Prince Andrew as well. No accusations, in this case, yet but there are pictures of him and Nygard and he was on Nygards private island for a weekend party, took a family vacation at his villa (with Fergie and the little girls). Hmmmm.

Source: Daily Mail + family photos taken by Duchess of York.

Peter Nygård was born in Finland, but moved to Canada as a child. In 1999 he sued the Finnish violinist Linda Lampenius (internationally known as Linda Brava) for defamation after she had commented that he surrounded himself with "fake actors and nude women", a case that ended when she run out of money, and she had to settle with an apology in a Finnish newspaper.
Nygård had invited Linda to the US, and to be his guest at the Oscars, but instead it was a smaller party at his mansion, and instead of her staying at a hotel, she was staying at his house. Afterwards she commented about the party, and his behaviour, in an article and recommended other Finnish women to stay away from him, and that's why he sued her.
An other well-known Finnish artist also complained about Nygård's behaviour in the 1990ies, that he had tried to pressure her to have sex with him.
So it's not only unknown girls and women who have been his victims, and it's possible that him suing Linda Lampenius have kept many from accusing him, to not suffer the same, and risk their careers.
Modemogulen Peter Nygård - hinner metoo också ikapp honom?

^^^^ too bad it cannot be translated to English. You can make out most of the first line though.
Thank you for posting this, interesting that he also has gone after Finnish artists.

^^^^ too bad it cannot be translated to English. You can make out most of the first line though.
Thank you for posting this, interesting that he also has gone after Finnish artists.

My browser was able to roughly translate it into English. I know we can't directly copy whole pieces here, so I'll try to give the most relevant parts. It's an older article, from Feb 2020.

"On Tuesday, the federal police FBI carried out a raid on Nygård International's headquarters near Times Square in New York. According to The New York Times , the police were looking for evidence that Nygård had been involved in human trafficking...

The latest in the long line of accusations against Peter Nygård came a couple of weeks ago when ten women, in a class action lawsuit , accused Nygård of having raped them in their villa in the Bahamas - Nygård Cay. The youngest was only 14-15 years old when the rape took place. The girls came from poor conditions in the Bahamas.

Nygård is accused of having drunk them drunk and drugged them to be able to have sex with them. Nygård is also alleged to have bribed them and promised them model jobs. The girls were to be "on duty" from early morning and were also asked to recruit their friends to Nygård Cay...

Peter Nygård, through his agent, has disputed the accusations of rape to HS and says that it is a group of "opportunistic women who are trying to take advantage of the metoo wave".

At the parties, guests should have been offered spa treatments and luxuries and been "pampered" in every way. Celebrities such as Michael Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Sean Connery, Robert DeNiro and Prince Andrew have been among the guests....

[on Linda Lapenius]

In interviews - including in the newspaper 7 päivää in 1998 - Lampenius told about the tasteless pictures Nygård had shown her from parties at the villa in the Bahamas, in order to lure her there. But it did not succeed.

"I do not want anything to do with Nygård, and I urge other Finnish women to stay away from him," she told the newspaper.

In interviews - including in the newspaper 7 päivää in 1998 - Lampenius told about the tasteless pictures Nygård had shown her from parties at the villa in the Bahamas, in order to lure her there. But it did not succeed.

"I do not want anything to do with Nygård, and I urge other Finnish women to stay away from him," she told the newspaper....

In the end, Linda Lampenius agreed to publicly apologize to Peter Nygård - the apology was published in Ilta-sanomat in 2001....

During the past 40 years, a number of allegations of sexual offenses have been made against Nygård... [examples follow]
"

That video is disgusting. Shows a Predator at work.

I interviewed for a job as an Assistant to Peter Nygard when I was quite young and just out of Secretarial School. As I was sitting in the waiting room to go in for the interview a woman walked through, looked very pointedly at me, shook her head from side to side and whispered "don't take the job".

I walked out right then and there.

There has been talk about Peter Nygard for 30 years or more. Amazing it's taken this long to bring him down.

He's a creep in every sense of the word.

That video is disgusting. Shows a Predator at work.

I interviewed for a job as an Assistant to Peter Nygard when I was quite young and just out of Secretarial School. As I was sitting in the waiting room to go in for the interview a woman walked through, looked very pointedly at me, shook her head from side to side and whispered "don't take the job".

I walked out right then and there.

There has been talk about Peter Nygard for 30 years or more. Amazing it's taken this long to bring him down.

He's a creep in every sense of the word.

Wow @Tealgrove ! Thanks for sharing your story! He's so gross. I am so glad your common sense was working that day, bc I can imagine it seemed like it would have been a great job. I'm sure many women, before and after you, ignored their gut feelings, and worked for this monster. You were so lucky that girl spoke up! I am so happy all the young women this man abused are getting some justice today.

And this:

Inside Peter Nygard's private jet turned mile-high strip club | Daily Mail Online

Indeed his lawyers say jailing a man that old is a death sentence. According to New York Post.

A movie is in the works regarding the ongoing feud between Nygard and hedgefunder Louis Bacon. Neighbors on their posh Island it seems Nygard and his antics have been a thorn in Bacon's side. This in Variety.

So a guy is writing a script about feuding billionaires after all this creeper has done?

Indeed his lawyers say jailing a man that old is a death sentence. According to New York Post.

A movie is in the works regarding the ongoing feud between Nygard and hedgefunder Louis Bacon. Neighbors on their posh Island it seems Nygard and his antics have been a thorn in Bacon's side. This in Variety.

So a guy is writing a script about feuding billionaires after all this creeper has done?

Such b.s. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time? Surely he could spend his last days in the infirmary.

Decision put off until January 28th.

He is a flight risk and the COVID risk is not a 'get out jail free card'. So, its going in the right direction. yay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adeleandkev
Back