TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any evidence his car was rear ended by another car (plus the report states single car accident). I think his car spun after the first collision and the damage to the rear appears from a side impact like another tree, not a rear impact.
I don't see any conspiracy - just an accident and a disoriented person who wandered away probably not realizing how badly injured he was.

I don't see any evidence his car was rear ended by another car (plus the report states single car accident). I think his car spun after the first collision and the damage to the rear appears from a side impact like another tree, not a rear impact.
I don't see any conspiracy - just an accident and a disoriented person who wandered away probably not realizing how badly injured he was.
I absolutely agree with you on all of that. I also don’t think he could have made it all that far. The longer this goes on though, the less likely it is that this will have a happy ending.

I’m encouraged by the amount of resources that are being utilized here, and unless he somehow found himself in a body of water, I think there will be a resolution either today or tomorrow.

There was another recent case that was very similar to this one. The man’s car was found crashed, and blood was found inside. If I recall, he was found many days later in a nearby body of water.

Hopefully they can find Jason before it’s too late.

Yes, this was Matthew Lang's case from about a month ago. So sad. I hope Jason is just camping out somewhere, maybe he fell and can't find his way back to safety. It's happened before. He's in my thoughts, I hope he's safe.

Yup, that’s the one I mentioned but couldn’t remember the name of. This is almost a carbon copy of that one.
I thought the same. We are experiencing some pretty cold temps across the south. I hope they can find him soon because if he’s alone And injured in the elements, it doesn’t look good. IMO.

Does anyone think he hit an animal, maybe a deer, or slammed on his brakes to miss one? What are the odds there was another vehicle behind him?

YES! I was thinking he possibly hit a deer! They are all over and with the crispy weather lately are really on the move. We nearly hit 2 on the back roads the other day. I am very close to TX State.

YES! I was thinking he possibly hit a deer! They are all over and with the crispy weather lately are really on the move. We nearly hit 2 on the back roads the other day. I am very close to TX State.

Yes, I thought about a deer or a wild hog. I'm about 2-3 hours away, but I also live in a college town so it makes me wonder if given the time of night that he left, if he didn't go out and celebrate graduation/end of the semester with friends before starting the drive... this could also explain why he may have tried to walk somewhere rather than calling for help.

Yup, that’s the one I mentioned but couldn’t remember the name of. This is almost a carbon copy of that one.
I followed that one as well, only being busy with the holiday season I missed that he was found. This one seems so similar. I haven’t checked to see if there are any ponds in the area. In addition to possibly swerving to hit an animal, I wonder if perhaps he could have been driving too fast (not victim blaming here). The road looked to be an old dirt road/gravel road, and often kids underestimate how those roads handle if they aren’t used to driving on them. I’ve driven this area many times when I resided in Texas. Being alone on a dark back country road in the middle of the night isn’t any place anyone would want to be. It does make me wonder if he attempted to use his phone to call anyone.

makes me wonder if given the time of night that he left, if he didn't go out and celebrate graduation/end of the semester with friends before starting the drive... this could also explain why he may have tried to walk somewhere rather than calling for help.

A very good point.

DWIs are serious and can impact anybody's employment prospects. Thus a temptation to "walk it off" and sober up after a single car accident before getting help.

Decades ago, I knew somebody who did just that after being selected for a military flight school. A DWI would have grounded him permanently- before he even had a chance to soar.

This led to a long walk home (about nine miles) in a wood line after a single car wreck. He was sober by the time the police tracked him down in the morning.

The police noted his vague "Wow, what a slippery road! I did not want to bother anybody- so I hiked home with moderate injuries" story, but did not, or could not, pursue their doubts

His career then remained... "Cleared for take off".

Last edited:
Missing Texas student went ‘off track’ on holiday drive home; police search remote oil field

This CrimeOnline article quotes a Fox7 report which has been referenced here before. But I don't remember seeing the below until now:

Fox 7 News now reports that his clothes were found near the scene.

Good catch! I missed that too. Here’s the article and the exact quote:

“It’s easy to miss where Jason’s car left the gravel road. It ended up in a ditch along a fence and tree line. Some of his clothing however was found near the scene along the roadway.“

Search continues for missing Texas State student

I have no idea why he would have removed some of his clothes. That’s bizarre. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

“It’s easy to miss where Jason’s car left the gravel road. It ended up in a ditch along a fence and tree line. Some of his clothing however was found near the scene along the roadway.“

I have no idea why he would have removed some of his clothes. That’s bizarre. What do you guys think?

If it was cold enough for hypothermia, it could be paradoxical undressing.
It could just be clothing that he may have been carrying with him home from school that ended up outside the car in the chaos of a crash. Or if he was injured enough to have severe swelling, removing something restrictive could make sense? (in this case with the tight timeline, this seems unlikely).

Not really enough information given to be able to make much sense of that detail.

Really hoping SAR gets lucky here and finds him soon!

So weird—in Matthew Lang’s case they also found some of his clothing down the road from his wrecked car.

A single car wreck on a deserted road can happen to anyone. I just don’t understand why he didn’t use his cell phone to contact anyone. For the record I’m presuming he didn’t because it hasn’t been stated anywhere that he did. I get being stunned, I get being disoriented. I just don’t understand why he didn’t take his cell with him, or try to contact a buddy to come help him.

That's a really strange aspect. I have 22 yr old twin boys. One still in college several hours drive away. In fact he had an accident on his way home before Thanksgiving and totaled his car-he's fine. But first thing he did is call me. Neither goes anywhere without their phone. They would never leave their car and walk away without their phone-very odd.

I didn't see any reference to whether there is cell phone reception there. Anyway, reception would make it even odder why he didn't use or take the phone with him.

It could be that he got a concussion somehow and was disoriented but why wouldn't he stay near the road? Actually why wouldn't he just wait in his car with his phone? It doesn't mean foul play but certainly isn't usual behavior to leave your vehicle in a non residential rural area and just start wandering around without your phone.

His family must be frantic. I hope there's a happy ending.

A single car wreck on a deserted road can happen to anyone. I just don’t understand why he didn’t use his cell phone to contact anyone. For the record I’m presuming he didn’t because it hasn’t been stated anywhere that he did. I get being stunned, I get being disoriented. I just don’t understand why he didn’t take his cell with him, or try to contact a buddy to come help him.

That's a really strange aspect. I have 22 yr old twin boys. One still in college several hours drive away. In fact he had an accident on his way home before Thanksgiving and totaled his car-he's fine. But first thing he did is call me. Neither goes anywhere without their phone. They would never leave their car and walk away without their phone-very odd.

I didn't see any reference to whether there is cell phone reception there. Anyway, reception would make it even odder why he didn't use or take the phone with him.

It could be that he got a concussion somehow and was disoriented but why wouldn't he stay near the road? Actually why wouldn't he just wait in his car with his phone? It doesn't mean foul play but certainly isn't usual behavior to leave your vehicle in a non residential rural area and just start wandering around without your phone.

His family must be frantic. I hope there's a happy ending.
This link up thread says his phone was found lodged under the seat. So I assume he couldn’t find it. Poor kid was dazed and walked away to look for help IMO.
KPRC2 Jacob Rascon

This link up thread says his phone was found lodged under the seat. So I assume he couldn’t find it. Poor kid was dazed and walked away to look for help IMO.
KPRC2 Jacob Rascon

That's significant disorientation. Did he have a flashlight? Because phones have flashlights on them and for that reason alone, you'd want one with you as you walk for help.

The car has significant front and rear end damage, so I assume it was no longer operable, but I wouldn't think that the battery would be dead/unusable from the accident. So he could have used the dome light and searched for his phone. Perhaps he did and still couldn't find it.

Does it look to you guys like the back hatch popped open and was likely unable to be latched again? Maybe he thought the phone flew out of the car.

One explanation for the discarded clothing could be that he put on his warmest clothes before setting out, but with the adrenalin and it not being *that* cold, perhaps those pieces soon seemed like an impediment.

I read it as his trail stops just before the abandoned house. Did he get a ride with someone? You'd think that same someone would offer the use of their cell phone, though. If I felt comfortable enough to allow someone inside my car, I'd surely let them call their mom and dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa