GUILTY CA - Lisa Thorborg, 68, murdered on hiking trail, Carlsbad, 11/23/2020 *ARREST*

They must be looking for a murder weapon-- the knife.

Still looking for the same person, possible suspect, described by witness.

Teams with metal detectors search Hosp Grove trail in Carlsbad for murder weapon | cbs8.com (video included)

"A citizen tip has identified a man who may have been in the area at the time of the incident as a white or Hispanic adult, 5’10” – 6’3”, husky build, tan complexion with dark hair. He was wearing a black shirt, black shorts and possibly a black hat. The man was walking slowly with a slight shuffle or limp. It is unknown at this time if this person is related to the incident."

"Investigators would like to reiterate, anyone who witnessed or heard anything suspicious in the area of Hosp Grove Trail West, located near the 2600 block of Monroe Street, on Nov. 23 between 10 a.m. and noon, to call the Police Department at 760-931-2165."

This is so terrifying. It reminds me that all that "paranoia" I carry around, during my daily walks, in broad daylight (usually), is not for nothing. It can happen anywhere, anytime, at any age, and it's a such damn shame that we women have to think that way. Arghhh.
I felt the same way reading this - I've put off walking alone in the morning because of these types of incidences. It's a brutal world out there -
JMO

Maintenance

"Judge Richard Monroy ruled the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office presented enough evidence to move the case forward, while the suspect, Haloa Beaudet, 17, was not released."

"Carlsbad police detective Josh Bubins detailed how police arrested Beaudet roughly three weeks after the murder. Bubins said police found Beaudet’s DNA on Thorborg’s shorts and also on a pair of flip-flops found at the scene."

"Bubins said cameras also showed Beaudet running away from the scene 15 minutes after the murder occurred, which police believe was at 11:10 a.m."

More information about the prowling incident a few weeks ago that led to questioning and collection of DNA:
Police: DNA from teen suspect found on victim in slaying on Carlsbad trail

"The teen is due back in court in January. Prosecutors have filed paperwork asking the court to allow them to try him as an adult, but that hearing has not yet been set."

The next hearing is scheduled for Jan. 25. (Source CoastNews)

The suspect hadn't been in Carlsbad long at all.

He was in Hawaii at least into May (went missing from a boarding school type program there twice - you can find info online) and had been in Oregon after that prior to coming to Carlsbad, which was going to be for 6 months.

However, Deputy District Attorney Helen Kim painted a different picture, noting Beaudet was suspended “multiple times” for fighting at school in Oregon. Prior to moving to Oregon, Beaudet lived in Hawaii with his maternal grandmother, who sent him to a boarding school.

https://thecoastnews.com/judge-releases-name-of-carlsbad-murder-suspect-case-details/

Article from one of the times he went missing. Police seek public’s help locating missing teens | West Hawaii Today

And there's another case in Hawaii that has my interest due to the name of a party involved and the fact that it took place in the same place the suspect was from. If it's linked, as it appears to be, I'm guessing that may have played into how he ended up in the teen boarding school program thing.

... I wonder if Lisa might have witnessed him doing that.
A remark to someone now days is often dangerous. It doesn't take much to set someone off. She might have said, "Hey, what are you doing? Are you trying to steal?" Some people would have their phones out. Unfortunately, watch out who you make remarks to in these volatile times.
The suspect hadn't been in Carlsbad long at all.

He was in Hawaii at least into May (went missing from a boarding school type program there twice - you can find info online) and had been in Oregon after that prior to coming to Carlsbad, which was going to be for 6 months.

https://thecoastnews.com/judge-releases-name-of-carlsbad-murder-suspect-case-details/

Article from one of the times he went missing. Police seek public’s help locating missing teens | West Hawaii Today

And there's another case in Hawaii that has my interest due to the name of a party involved and the fact that it took place in the same place the suspect was from. If it's linked, as it appears to be, I'm guessing that may have played into how he ended up in the teen boarding school program thing.
Judge releases name of Carlsbad murder suspect, case details - The Coast News Group

Thank You for supplying so much info about the suspect. He sounds troubled to me despite what some of his family want to claim. I feel sorry for his family too. In the end-- Evidence carries a lot of weight. How did his blood end up on Lisa's shorts, etc.,??? :(

What a shame for Lisa and her Family.

Last edited:
Judge releases name of Carlsbad murder suspect, case details

December 22, 2020

>>>snip

...Police also have video footage and the prosecutor presented several still images from the video footage on Dec. 2 and Dec. 10. The cameras, which were set up on Dec. 2, recorded Beaudet “almost” daily at the park.

The video showed Beaudet walking the trail, peering into the yards of residents, lifting up door handles on cars and talking to himself, according to Bubins.

<<<snip

According to The Coast News article cameras caught Beaudet "peering into the yards of residents, lifting up door handles on cars." I wonder if Lisa might have witnessed him doing that.

Thievery 101. Handle Flipping. Peering into yards? The least sinister looking for easy access to houses.

During the day kids "jogging" look in every
car to see if anything of big value is there. 3am them jogging thieves are carhopping. No access they'll bust out a window.

How does this add up to this poor woman being murdered? I doubt she would say anything unless he messed with her car.

He got passed around alot. That could make a kid real angry, and he takes it out on a kindly older woman.

Sad, and senseless. Mrs. Thornburg did not deserve that.

What an utterly senseless tragedy.
How could this have been prevented?
Some of these are so inexplicable, and leave such pain and devastation.
Utterly senseless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back