UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of goth kids grew their nails in order to paint them. It was just part of a general look. I seriously hope no one is implying that sexuality can or should have anything to do with someone’s fingernails!

I have noticed a few boys who paint their nails, but never noticed them having long nails. Can’t find any hits on that when I google search either. I can’t speak for what anyone else is or is not implying, but there is nothing wrong with asking or wondering if long nails on a male could mean something. Who knows? We are all just grasping at straws trying to think of someway to find Andrew. I have no idea in this case, but long nails could have something to do with sexuality. Not meant to be negative, just an observation.

Do British police never keep up with the relatives and parents of missing and murdered people in the U.K.

Quote snipped by me.

In the video interview I linked above, Kevin brought up that LE didn't request the CCTV footage for the underground trains and that it took almost a month for them to get the King's Cross station footage, where they already knew he was. He thinks the underground footage would have been more helpful, because Andrew was likely to have used the underground, and they might have been able to figure out his end station.

(I agree with Kevin, btw.)

This example of LE not requesting the footage makes me think they didn't go very far for perceived teen runaways in 2007. (I wonder how much it has even changed. Many people go missing in London and surrounding areas, at least temporarily.). So they simply have no other concrete information to give Andrew's family as far as CCTV, sightings, etc.

All JMO.

ETA: He also did say they now have a really good person they are working with at LE.

Lots of goth kids grew their nails in order to paint them. It was just part of a general look. I seriously hope no one is implying that sexuality can or should have anything to do with someone’s fingernails!
Mostly curious if Andrew played, or was interested in playing guitar and grew his nails
for that reason (using fingernails as opposed to a pick), ie. did he run away with dreams of joining a band?
Imo, length of hair or nails, unrelated to sexual orientation.

Mostly curious if Andrew played, or was interested in playing guitar and grew his nails
for that reason (using fingernails as opposed to a pick), ie. did he run away with dreams of joining a band?
I completely understood what you were asking, don’t worry.

Think strongest link in recent times was that person calling himself Andyroo on web service saying he'd left home and didn't have much money and was living cash in hand.

If Andrew is still out there somewhere that's what he'd be doing, relying on generosity of others. Was supposed to be around Lincoln wasn't it?

Of course the doubt is would he really be so lax to post under that name and give story like that unless he just thought 99.9% of U.K population would have little to no knowledge of case so unlikely a stranger would know.

Lincoln also isn't that far really from Donny so also feels unlikely he'd be hiding somewhere very close to where his family still live but on other side if someone local really played part in his "disappearence" it could make sense, just set up base at nearby city.

I think he's unlikely to be alive but you never know and thought it was interesting link as did his Dad IIRC.

Mostly curious if Andrew played, or was interested in playing guitar and grew his nails for that reason (using fingernails as opposed to a pick), ie. did he run away with dreams of joining a band?

That was my first thought when I saw the nails, that he was playing guitar. Interesting catch. You need long fingernails to play the classical/acoustic guitar.
As for Goths with long fingernails, sorry but No! Goth guys do sometimes paint their fingernails but they are usually left short.

That was my first thought when I saw the nails, that he was playing guitar. Interesting catch. You need long fingernails to play the classical/acoustic guitar.
As for Goths with long fingernails, sorry but No! Goth guys do sometimes paint their fingernails but they are usually left short.
If he is anything like my children they may have been left uncut rather than chosen to grow long. Getting them to cut their nails is a battle as they hate it.

Of course all speculation, but my instincts don’t sense that a shy-ish non street wise kid would run away with the intention of starting over a new life. Especially given he has not resurfaced in all these years. Sadly, I lean towards him running away to go take his own life somewhere he wouldn’t be found.

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member