Found Deceased CO - Shayla Hammel, 34, Saguache Co., Oct 2020 *POI wanted*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Deputies say Shayla Janee Hammel, 34, hasn't been seen or heard from for approximately seven weeks. According to investigators, Hammel was reported missing by her husband after his children and mother told him they hadn't been in contact with her. Her husband is currently incarcerated.

Saguache County deputies searching for woman who's been missing for nearly two months - KRDO

131929431_3676955005694387_5148841305078477108_n.jpg

Wow, 7 weeks is a long time! Who saw her last, when & where?

Wonder why her husband had to report her, instead of her mother-in-law (does she currently have custody of the children?)? If you look up her name you see she has a record - arrested in 2017 for contempt of court, and earlier that year for DUI with property damage/personal injury. Also seems to have another arrest (mugshot with black hair and bangs) but I can't find info on the year/offense. These charges are all out of Brevard County, Florida.

We are interrupting your thread to tell you something very important.

We are holding a week-long fundraiser for our wonderful moderators.

The mods volunteer their time to keep Websleuths not only running smoothly but they literally keep Websleuths running period.

Without the mods, Websleuths would not be anything close to the forum it is today. More than likely without the mods Websleuths would not be here period!

CLICK RIGHT HERE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO PAYPAL SO YOU CAN DONATE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS MODERATORS!

If you would rather use Venmo the name to use is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please do not donate unless you can truly afford to do so. We completely understand if you cannot donate.
If you want you can leave a message for our wonderful mods! JUST CLICK HERE and you will be taken to a thread where you can leave your message and that has more information on the moderator's incredible work.

From my heart and soul, I cannot thank the moderators enough for their dedication, compassion, and hard work.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
PS. Please do not discuss the fundraiser on this thread. The mods will kill me.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

It seems to me that Matthew's mother has been looking after the children. But im assuming that she hasn't been keeping in touch with Shayla, or that she hasn't been too worried about her due to the fact Shayla has been missing for two months now.. very sad situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Forgive me for interrupting your discussion

The Websleuths moderators are the reason why Websleuths runs smoothly and is one of the most respected true crime discussion forums in the world.

Websleuths moderators are all volunteers.
That's why from now until Thursday, Dec. 24th we are asking those who can afford to do so to please donate to our moderator fund-raiser. We will divide all the money raised among the moderators.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE USING PAYPAL
If you would rather use Venmo the name is: Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT make a donation unless you can absolutely afford to do so.

With every fiber of my being, I want our moderators to know how much I personally appreciate it and how grateful I am for all their hard work.

Without our mod team today Websleuths could not function.

We all completely understand if you cannot make a donation however, I ask that you leave a comment for the mods on our special thread which you can get to by CLICKING HERE!

Thank you very much,
Tricia
PS PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ON THIS THREAD. THE MODS WILL KILL ME.

Terrible. I am unable to access the link though (possibly as I am in the UK...) could someone summarise please?

@spangled, excerpts:

CONEJOS COUNTY, Colo. — A second person whose remains were found on a Conejos County property in November has been identified as a woman who was last seen in October, according to an update from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

A forensic odontologist assisting task force investigators used dental records to identify the recovered remains as Shayla Jenna Hammel, who was in her mid-30s.

On Nov. 10, investigators from CCSO and CBI went to a property near the town of Las Sauces on a warrant related to stolen vehicles and property. The warrant was not related to any missing person cases, however, during that search, remains were found.

Their investigation at the first property led them to another property nearby, where additional remains were found. In all, the remains from three people were located, and so far two of the victims have been identified.

When the remains were found in November, a warrant was issued for 26-year-old Adre Baroz for charges of first-degree murder, first-degree assault and second-degree kidnapping.

RELATED: Suspect arrested after remains of 3 people found on 2 Conejos County properties

He was later arrested in New Mexico and is being held in the Alamosa County Jail on unrelated charges. He has not been charged with the deaths of either of the now identified victims.

Very sad, especially for the children & family members!

jmho ymmv lrr

This is a terrible outcome. After seeing the photo of the suspect, I can not imagine the fear that these victims were feeling. So sad.

'Dangerous' person of interest nicknamed 'Psycho' arrested after remains of 3 people found
November 19, 2020

A "dangerous" person of interest has been arrested after the remains of three people were found on two properties near each other in Colorado.

The first set of remains were found after a search warrant was executed on one property in the town of Los Sauces in the San Luis Valley on Nov. 10, Conejos County Sheriff Garth Crowther told reporters during a virtual media conference Wednesday. The investigation then led to another property nearby, where more remains were found, said Monte Vista Police Chief George Dingfelder.

Authorities arrested 26-year-old Adre Jordan Baroz, who goes by the nickname "Psycho,"..

Suspect — nicknamed 'Psycho' — wanted after remains of 3 people found in Conejos County

ETA - There is a video and 3 pics of the crime scene showing the bulldozer and an area that appears to have been dug. I can't stop staring at those 3 white folding chairs. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back