NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghislaine Maxwell is pictured with her husband Scott Borgerson for the first time | Daily Mail Online
  • Borgerson clutches a wine glass and Maxwell appears flushed, as if the attention of the man 14 years her junior has flattered her
  • It was to prove a significant night for both parties: within a year of meeting Maxwell, Borgerson, 44, ditched his preppy suits and red ties and lost weight
  • He began to wear roll neck sweaters, grew a beard and began to separate from his wife and mother of his two children
  • Borgerson and Maxwell married in 2016, according to filings by her lawyers

@jkbjournalist
Modeling scout Jean-Luc Brunel, one of Jeffrey Epstein's accused recruiters, arrested on sex trafficking charges.

A French fashion agent who was friends with Jeffrey Epstein has been arrested on suspicion of raping and trafficking girls.

Jean-Luc Brunel, 74, was detained by Paris detectives at Charles de Gaulle airport on Wednesday as he tried to board a flight to Dakar, in Senegal.

Brunel is accused of having been a lynchpin of a global underage sex ring organised by the late American multi-billionaire Epstein, who committed suicide last year while awaiting trial for numerous sex crimes.
French friend of Jeffrey Epstein who is accused of sharing lover with Prince Andrew is arrested | Daily Mail Online

Yes, unless there's already a dedicated thread to PN, we need to start one for him since he's finally been arrested!

I could have sworn I started one on Nygård. I definitely intended to, months ago, but I obviously got side-tracked and didn't. :eek: Came across a really messed up FB page by a victim, or maybe it was an ex employee (who was also a victim)? Can't remember. It was dedicated to telling stories about him (and asking victims to come forward). Horrifying stuff.

Hot Dangit! They got Brunel!! Ghislaine must be singing this week!

I could have sworn I started one on Nygård. I definitely intended to, months ago, but I obviously got side-tracked and didn't. :eek: Came across a really messed up FB page by a victim, or maybe it was an ex employee (who was also a victim)? Can't remember. It was dedicated to telling stories about him (and asking victims to come forward). Horrifying stuff.

If there isn't one, could you start it? I have trouble finding threads on specific people because I'm still not quite sure how to do a proper search.

Brunel!!! Best news since last year (technically last week, but you know, 2020).

She could buy her freedom by singing every song she knows. Her safety might be in jeopardy upon release.

As detailed in the Indictment, the defendant is charged with facilitating the sexual abuse of multiple minor victims by Jeffrey Epstein between approximately 1994 and 1997. The defendant played a critical role in the scheme by helping to identify, entice, and groom minor girls to engage in sex acts with Epstein. The defendant’s presence as an adult woman normalized Epstein’s abusive behavior, and she even took part in at least some acts of sexual abuse. Together, the defendant and Epstein conspired to entice and cause minor victims to travel to Epstein’s residences in different states, which the defendant knew and intended would result in their grooming for and subjection to sexual abuse. Then, in an effort to cover up her crimes, the defendant lied under oath during a civil deposition, including when asked about her interactions with minor girls.
Based on that conduct, the Indictment charges the defendant in six counts...
The Court also noted that the defendant “is a citizen of France, a nation that does not appear to extradite its citizens...

With respect to the defense concerns regarding COVID-19, the Government recognizes, as it did in its initial bail briefing, that the virus presents a challenge at any jail facility. At least for this defendant, the MDC’s precautionary measures appear to have worked. When the defendant was potentially exposed to the virus, she was placed in quarantine, remained asymptomatic, tested negative, and then was released from quarantine. As the Court found at the initial bail hearing, the defendant has no underlying health conditions that would place her at greater risk of complications from COVID-19. (Tr. 89). For that same reason, the Court should again reject the suggestion that the pandemic warrants the defendant’s release.

Memorandum of Law in Opposition (non-motion), USA v. Maxwell, No. 1:20-cr-00330-1 (S.D.N.Y. Dec 18, 2020)
Memorandum-of-Law-in-Opposition-non-motion.pdf (documentcloud.org) 42 pages

"In their letter, prosecutors said the 13 hours a day Maxwell gets to review trial materials on a laptop computer is more time than any other prisoner is allotted.

The reference bothered Sternheim, who said Maxwell faces burdens unmatched by other inmates and has been mistreated. She noted that the latest production of evidence by prosecutors was over one million documents and Maxwell lacked enough time to study the material."

Why does she need to study it? She's already declared all of it to be lies. On sleeping, ya, waking her every 15 min is a bit excessive, don't we need a certain length of uninterrupted sleep to function properly?
Well, let's be generous. Let's just wake her up every 30 mins - with cold water if necessary.

Well, let's be generous. Let's just wake her up every 30 mins - with cold water if necessary.

I’m sorry she feels like she’s being mistreated. In light of how she mistreated all those victims, she’s lucky she’s not cracking boulders in the hot sun while in prison. She’ll just have to tough it out, I guess. I hope she doesn’t get released. $25 million or not. As a citizen of France, she’d be gone in two seconds. No extradition.

A modelling agent associated with the disgraced US financier Jeffrey Epstein has been charged in France with sexual harassment and the rape of minors over 15 years old.

[...]

The Paris prosecutor announced in a statement on Saturday that a magistrate had laid the charges on Friday at the end of Brunel’s custody period. It said Brunel was not handed any human trafficking charges, which was one of the main lines of inquiry.

The magistrate decided that there was not enough evidence to rule on that count, but he was not acquitted and could be charged in the future if anything new emerges. Brunel was remanded in custody.

French modelling agent charged in Jeffrey Epstein inquiry

CTV: US questions Maxwell's marriage push to keep her jailed.

GM struggles to keep her story straight?

NEW YORK -- Jeffrey Epstein's longtime confidante Ghislaine Maxwell told court officials at the time of her arrest in July [2020] that she was “in the process of divorcing her husband,” a disclosure that prosecutors said undermines her argument that marriage will keep her in the U.S. if she is freed from jail...

A financial report included among court exhibits in Maxwell's case said she and her husband married in 2016 and that she put the majority of her assets into a trust he controlled. Those assets were worth $22.5 million on Oct. 31, the report said...

Adding to Maxwell's marital intrigue, prosecutors said, she and her husband both listed their marital status as “single” on bank forms they filled out to establish a trust account about two years ago.

Prosecutors urged the judge, Alison Nathan, to give little weight to the involvement of Maxwell's husband in seeking her release from jail given that he refused to come forward at the time of her arrest.

“While a friend's desire to avoid publicity may be understandable, a spouse's desire to distance himself in that manner - particularly when coupled with the defendant's inconsistent statements about the state of their relationship - undermine her assertion that her marriage is a tie that would keep her in the United States,” prosecutors wrote.

...and then there's Business Insider, with a piece on her hubby:

When the tabloids discovered Scott Borgerson's connection to Ghislaine Maxwell in summer 2019, he told reporters she was a "former friend." This time around, he'd just rather not talk about her...

Over the years, Borgerson learned to leverage the benefit of Maxwell's elite social network when it suited him and how to hide it through aliases and fictitious backstories when necessary...

Last edited:
The Guardian: Cowpat Sweeney and his Hunting Ghislaine podcast.

That this podcast is out there is news to me, so I haven't listened to it yet. Here's hoping it dives into the biz relationship between JE and GM's father and the possibility that RM transferred his stolen millions to JE.

From Princess Di to victims signing away rights to lawsuits in order to accept compensation from JE's estate, GM is trending on the twit.

Newsweek: Like Princess Di, the hounding paparazzi will be the end of GM, or so says one of her security guys!

ABCNews: GM opposes victim's attempt to withdraw lawsuit against GM, which is mandatory for victims who accept settlements from JE's estate. If you're as confused as I am...

For the second time this month, an alleged childhood sex-abuse survivor is running into unexpected opposition from Ghislaine Maxwell as the alleged victim tries to dismiss a civil lawsuit against Maxwell and the estate of deceased sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein, new court documents show. The alleged victim may be a key prosecution witness at a criminal trial of Maxwell.

Ghislaine Maxwell objects to potential witness' attempt to end civil lawsuit - ABC News (go.com)

Ghislaine Maxwell seeks legal fees from alleged Epstein victim | TheHill

Has anyone else besides me wondered if GM will be pardoned within the next few weeks? Of course she won’t be off the hook since NY State could still pursue charges and civil cases could still go forward and potentially impoverish her. But by the time NYS gets a case going she could be long gone...with whatever money she has squirreled away. I imagine her attorneys are working this angle 24/7. Time will tell.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member